London Meet

Would you be interested in a London meeting - and what location & time would be best?

• North London

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • North-East London

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • East London

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • South-East London

• South London

• South-West London

• West London

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • North-West London

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Central London

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Weekday Mornings

• Weekday Afternoons

• Weekday Evenings / Night

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Saturday Morning

• Saturday Afternoon

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Saturday Evening

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Sunday Morning

• Sunday Afternoon

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Sunday Evening

• Total voters
Thank you to everyone who has linked to my Yahoo Messenger and who are now on my Yahoo Messenger address list. With the permission of all of you, I will disclose my list to everyone else on the list once it has grown to around 20 members.

At that stage, national weekend social/trading voicechat conferences (all 20 people in the same virtual voicechat room) for Trade2winners may prove very valuable, which would add another dimension to the Trade2win regional social get togethers (which reminds me, I am still on for a London social!).

TraderPattern said:
Who is in charge of arranging the next London meeting? jimvt? :rolleyes:

Ok I could have been abit more organised.

From the poll it seems Central London on a weeknight is most favoured, and there are 25 people who have voted in the poll.

My knowledge of potential Central London venues is a tad limited unfortunately so I'm probably not the best person to choose.

However as a suggestion, what about Tiger Tiger on Haymarket (http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_pubbar_3798.html)?

I've only been there once but have a hazy memory that the place was huge so we ought to be able to fit in on a weeknight somehow. As I say I'm not the best placed person to choose a location so better ideas welcome.

As for time, how about two weeks time?

Sorry to but in on the thread, I have noticed that there are 5 people in North west london...

If we in north west want to meet somewhere local as a small informal gathering then please pm me with a suitable time scale etc......I would be happy to organise a venue etc....but I need to know how many are interested.....

regards

A well attended (around 20 people) Central London meeting not too long ago was held near Goodge Street tube (one of the side roads behind). Anyone remember the name of the bar?

Plenty of space, nice and quiet, and food served if required.

zambuck said:
Sorry to but in on the thread, I have noticed that there are 5 people in North west london...

If we in north west want to meet somewhere local as a small informal gathering then please pm me with a suitable time scale etc......I would be happy to organise a venue etc....but I need to know how many are interested.....

regards

Hello zambuck,

Yes around 10 of us once gathered together in a pretty conveniently located pub (just off the dual carriage way and very near the tube station) in NW London. I would be happy to do that again. Very spacious, with comfy chairs and excellent food if required. Also a beer garden, weather permitting.

The White Bear: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...NW4+4AN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

TraderPattern said:
A London meeting not too long ago was near Goodge Street tube (one of the side roads behind). Anyone remember the name of the bar?

Looking closer at Tiger Tiger I'm a bit concerned that it may get too noisy for our purposes - on second thoughts a quieter venue might be better.

Thanks TraderPattern....I know that place well.....But I was thinking more like 5 -6 numbers.....it stays more informal and managable group....10 or more becomes almost like a seminar with group breaking off in smaller groups...unless we keep rolling the people in the group.......

I am thinking more as a social chat with investment, trading issues discussed very informally....

TraderPattern said:
A well attended (around 20 people) Central London meeting not too long ago was held near Goodge Street tube (one of the side roads behind). Anyone remember the name of the bar?

Jamies.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=8501&page=5&pp=15

I actually started this thread without reading the one above so humble apologies to others (BBMac, Stoploss) for stepping in when you are organising these events no doubt very successfully already.

Last edited:
Central London Meeting for Traders

A central London meeting would be good. I have membership of the Commonwealth Club which is located on Northumerland Terrace, nearest tube being Embankment, that might be a good venue. I may be able to secure a room for a nominal fee.

September would be good.

I trade CFDs on UK small cap upwards, occasionally comodities so far just crude oil using CFDs and USA stocks medium and large cap.
My preferred sector is healthcare...

Sounds good to me. I suggest avoiding 18/9 as there's a traders' event that day, which some potential attendees might be going to.

WR

CENTRAL LONDON SOCIAL&IDEAS EXCHANGE

waverider said:
Sounds good to me. I suggest avoiding 18/9 as there's a traders' event that day, which some potential attendees might be going to.

WR
Who would be free for Monday the 4th of October, venue : potentially at this stage either the Commonwealth Club or I could hire the upstairs area at "just st james" which is on St James St, Central London?

Andrew Clarke

I'd like to come along if possible. Been a member and contributor to this site for ages but never been to a meeting.

4th Oct is no good cos I've got to be in sunny Dusseldorf with the 9-5. . . .

Any Mon-Thurs weekday usually okay.

Thanks