FX traders meet

London
One coming weekend
Locals choose the venue (I'm in Brighton, not got a clue)
I'm easy on the day
Not neccessarilly FX, just a T2W thang!

It's supposed to be very unlucky to take rocks from it as it is considered holy. Rocks = pips? ;)

Jack o'Clubs said:
It's supposed to be very unlucky to take rocks from it as it is considered holy. Rocks = pips? ;)

and pips make prizes :LOL:

For me it is better be Sunday.

As for venue, it is difficult for me to choose really. Not many quiet pubs left in the capital. There is one near my workplace (15 min walk from Paddington or Baker Street). Nothing particulalry spectacular about it - just a plain vanilla pub, but no music. If nobody suggests anything better or if it is really not too many people - can do it there.

Any suggestions?

Sounds good to me, not fussed where really and it sounds central enough...

Busy for the next coupla weekends, how about Sunday 3rd December?

GammaJammer said:
Missing the point a bit - it's a social gathering. Can't see the attraction in hunching over my PC with a beer, on my own talking to strangers over the internet.....

Needs to be in a pub really imho.

GJ

hmm yes, point understood, just picking up on few seem to want to or can get to london, to discuss forex. If beer is a vital, then agreed, pubs a must.

I'm not a forexer, but I'd be up for anything involving beers (and birds too, calling all female T2Wers) :cheesy: trading chat obviously a bonus.

regrettably I am going to be drinking beer and ogling in Riga that weekend of the 3rd, so I wont be make this particular arrangement unofortunately :(

Would like to meet Arbitrageur too. So, perhaps we can shift it to the next Sunday - 10th?

Any other suggestions/comers?

wow, i'm grateful but err, slightly embarassed that you'd suggest the radical step of changing the date just to meet me.

I'm also even more embarassed by the fact that I wont be able to make the 10th either as I'm away from that Sunday for a few days at Centerparcs. You're probably wondering when do I actually find time to trade? :eek:

I could probably do Friday the 8th after work (ideal) or saturday 9th of that same weekend though if that works for others?

Sorry, Arbitrageur. I was just trying to say that we can shift the date a little if there is somebody who definitely wants to come but unable to make it on a particular date. It looks like only a few people willing to come. Then why not move the date for the sake of one more person? It is just my way of expressing thought at times - english is not my native...

About the dates you suggested, Friday is probably not suitable for wasp from Brighton (but Ok with me), and Saturdays are not quite good for me.

Anyway, who's going to come eventually? And what do others think about date/time/venue?

:LOL: :cheesy: :LOL:

lol - I was thinking beer & ogling cheap + easy tarts in bikini's, followed by more beer for Centreparcs entertainments.. definately lacks the panache of Riga's lovely ladies & scenery though I admit :eek:

Perhaps I should just abandon any pretense of "cool" and head straight for Buttlins, at least you dont have to mess around buying the girls drinks there, so long as you have a demijon of white lightning back at your room. well, so I've been told anyway...

Last edited:
egro, I'm good for anytime in December and anywhere in good old London town!

I can't do Fridays for obvious reasons yet Saturday or Sunday is fine by me. Hopefully, some more members will be interested or just PM me and we'll go on a monopoly pub cruise without them! Shame we'll miss the bikini clad ladies at centre parcs though!

Hey Arb, do the girls were red bikini's to match the redcoats?!!!

if u decide to meet up please let me know and i'll try and make it.

brighton gotta be a better location though innit wasp :LOL: :-0

I would be interested and can prob get some others too but am away 2nd to 10th on RYA day skipper training course. Anyone interested from Xmas to New Year period?
BTW If there are any keen sailors or prospective sailors I have access to a yacht based at Gosport from mid December and can do with a motley crew. This is an on-going deal where I get 2 weekend days and 4 weekday sails every month. Ideal for novices or experienced sailors.
Skype me on "talkingcents"

jm99 said:
if u decide to meet up please let me know and i'll try and make it.

brighton gotta be a better location though innit wasp :LOL: :-0

I don't mind Brighton at all! We just need to figure out who is coming and find a date which is optimal.

Ok, who's up for a meet in Brighton then.............................?

I am afraid I cannot make it on 10th December. For me only 3rd is an option. If nobody wants to meet on 3rd then I will come some next time after christmas.