FX traders meet

wasp

Legendary member
Who's up for a meet in London sometime in the near future for FX traders?

Seeing as we are all spread far and wide it seems the most logical place and rather than just a local meet with traders of various instruments (not there is anything wrong with that) it would be good to meet and discuss FX trading.

Anyone interested?

Yeh I'd be up for it, when are you thinking though, during the week or the weekend ? I am in London the thurs 2nd or fri 3rd Nov...

What's the agenda ? Do we all exchange our systems and talk about brokers etc ?

Not many replies here although a couple of takers in the 'currency trading' threads...

Thinking about pencilling in the weekend of the 9th of September (sat or sun) for a date for the first (of many?) and if we can get enough interested here beforehand we'll set it up... not many takers and we'll forget about it.

wasp said:
Who's up for a meet in London sometime in the near future for FX traders?

Seeing as we are all spread far and wide it seems the most logical place and rather than just a local meet with traders of various instruments (not there is anything wrong with that) it would be good to meet and discuss FX trading.

Anyone interested?

I live in Gods own country Yorkshire
I will be unable to come

would have to hand me clogs in at the border, and get me passport stamped
getting out is ok ,its getting back in, is the problem ,

Just found your thread and probably missed a meeting.

Have you guys actually organised anything? If you are going to meet in the foreseeable future please drop me a note.

Thanks

Hi,

There wasn't really many takers at the time so nothing happened as yet. If enough people are interested we can organise something but only if enough members are up for it? To be honest with only about four people interested at the time I'd forgotten all about it.

Speak up if anyones up for it and we can organise something...

shame but no ones really rushing forward to say yes!

It is really strange to me because FX seems to be so popular and stuff....
Perhaps this side of the forum is not very popular. I have also noticed that many forum members prefer not to meet personally. I have always thought that idea-exchange face to face is much more productive as well as seeing other traders in flesh and bones...

egro1egro said:
It is really strange to me because FX seems to be so popular and stuff....
Perhaps this side of the forum is not very popular. I have also noticed that many forum members prefer not to meet personally. I have always thought that idea-exchange face to face is much more productive as well as seeing other traders in flesh and bones...

I did bring it up on the weekly currency thread but half the regular posters are from oop norf (poor guys :LOL: ) and if I was to arrange a meet it would have to be in London town really. Makes the most sense to me but still a trek for some.

Of course there are many who prefer the anominity of the forum and such wouldn't do the meet, personally, I too would like to meet face to face with a few here and chat about the markets etc to a person, and to put a face to the nicks...

well, I live in south London... :LOL:

Once I was travelling to work in the tube working with printed charts and one tube worker suddenly stopped beside and started asking my what are those indicators, lines etc.. It turned out that he knew many of them. After that he concluded "it is hard" and disappeared into nowehere again.

Last edited:
wasp said:
I did bring it up on the weekly currency thread but half the regular posters are from oop norf (poor guys :LOL: ) and if I was to arrange a meet it would have to be in London town really. Makes the most sense to me but still a trek for some.

Of course there are many who prefer the anominity of the forum and such wouldn't do the meet, personally, I too would like to meet face to face with a few here and chat about the markets etc to a person, and to put a face to the nicks...

when u set a date, i'd love to put a face to this person called wasp

Make sure it is the sort of place safe to park a brand new red ferrari and I will be there. :LOL:

You can park it next to my new '67 mustang convertible :cheesy:

Will there be somewhere for me to lock me bike up ? It don't have an engine either, just pedal power ;)

Why dont you do a skype conference or something not sure how many can pile in on video cams.. hmm not sure what the best video conference setup is in terms of numbers... but takes care of global distance.