Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

zen thats a good performance and id see that as a month to look back at where you went right and in particular how the thread helped in those decisions or maybe not.146 pips in a months for that type of trading is not bad at all. It is important to remember that that is only 1 month and its how you handle the bad months that matter Imho. If anyone wanted to check the thread at the start,I got to over 1000 pips very quickly and there were about 50 odd people on the thread, and lots of questions about my methods etc.This was followed by a down turn early this year where there were lots of inconsistancies in my results etc, and hence no more questions. There have been a few losing months for me this year, but I am still well ahead for the year,mainly due to that purple patch late last year, and the odd runner this.What Im saying is that 3 months profits paid for the rest of the year. for the last 7 months my pip total is about 350 which would not be enough as an average for me.my calls on the thread during that time have been a touch more than that. How often do you guys have losing months and does it play on your mind? For many years I was always chasing the month as soon as id I got behind and that often led to a drawdown year.Even if I had a good month like youve had and got to 146 pips,if the next trade lost and took me back to say 120 pips,i would see it as being 26 pips down and begin chasing and soon give back the whole lot.anyway just putting down some thoughts while waiting for footie to start

Ive left my auusie 2nd 1/2 in with stop at b/e.Theres enough of a cushion to cover any normal sunday night spread etc. I rarely leave in over the weekend but like the trade and would only get back in again so have left this once.i couldnt update yesterday as was painting the office which is now in prestine condition ready for my 300 pip tally in december:)

zen thats a good performance and id see that as a month to look back at where you went right and in particular how the thread helped in those decisions or maybe not.146 pips in a months for that type of trading is not bad at all. It is important to remember that that is only 1 month and its how you handle the bad months that matter Imho. If anyone wanted to check the thread at the start,I got to over 1000 pips very quickly and there were about 50 odd people on the thread, and lots of questions about my methods etc.This was followed by a down turn early this year where there were lots of inconsistancies in my results etc, and hence no more questions. There have been a few losing months for me this year, but I am still well ahead for the year,mainly due to that purple patch late last year, and the odd runner this.What Im saying is that 3 months profits paid for the rest of the year. for the last 7 months my pip total is about 350 which would not be enough as an average for me.my calls on the thread during that time have been a touch more than that. How often do you guys have losing months and does it play on your mind? For many years I was always chasing the month as soon as id I got behind and that often led to a drawdown year.Even if I had a good month like youve had and got to 146 pips,if the next trade lost and took me back to say 120 pips,i would see it as being 26 pips down and begin chasing and soon give back the whole lot.anyway just putting down some thoughts while waiting for footie to start

Don't get me wrong LF - I wouldn't mind if I can do it consistently (one can always increase the stake if wanting more profit). It's only that I could see the way it was made (that November profit) - not guaranteed at all and depending on luck. Is it because of extensive use of algos, hft, never ending manipulation - I don't know, but it seems like the markets are different nowadays. You may be a good & disciplined trader and still lose/break even

Don't get me wrong LF - I wouldn't mind if I can do it consistently (one can always increase the stake if wanting more profit). It's only that I could see the way it was made (that November profit) - not guaranteed at all and depending on luck. Is it because of extensive use of algos, hft, never ending manipulation - I don't know, but it seems like the markets are different nowadays. You may be a good & disciplined trader and still lose/break even

Anyhow, Monaco can't be a bad place trying to get to grips with all this...laptop on the patio getting sunburnt!! eh eh ?(y)

yep,it appears that way,movements are not what they were. this year ive never had so many what i thought were certainties go tits up on me.

I've noticed the moves recently haven't been so great on Forex. Perhaps I can tempt you all to come to the DJI. The moves are always good especially middle of the week..a little too good sometimes. My heart usually races all day not sure if thats common?

I've noticed the moves recently haven't been so great on Forex. Perhaps I can tempt you all to come to the DJI. The moves are always good especially middle of the week..a little too good sometimes. My heart usually races all day not sure if thats common?

show me you make money at it and I may give it another go. i used to love trading the russell but blew my rains out on it

ill bring the girls along,BP what you bringing?

morning ------ hope you all had a good time at zenners party , flash did the ladies enjoy zens luxury yacht ???, thought it better not to come as I thought the Trend Line Bunch would throw me overboard when I arrived , after all the rich and famous dont want a freeloader spoiling party :devilish:

morning ------ hope you all had a good time at zenners party , flash did the ladies enjoy zens luxury yacht ???, thought it better not to come as I thought the Trend Line Bunch would throw me overboard when I arrived , after all the rich and famous dont want a freeloader spoiling party :devilish:

We gave you a free system , you can follow it .

Here is live calls on forex using the box.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping-2.html#post2025740

Hi Flash,
Instead of pips, do you have %'s ?
1 pip in eurgbp does not equal 1 pip in gbpjpy

Ive left my auusie 2nd 1/2 in with stop at b/e.Theres enough of a cushion to cover any normal sunday night spread etc. I rarely leave in over the weekend but like the trade and would only get back in again so have left this once.i couldnt update yesterday as was painting the office which is now in prestine condition ready for my 300 pip tally in december:)

What colour did you go for?
I think there are 'positive' colours. Probably something 'warm' like red/orange.