Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

showing of your skills there ( well done )

Thanks BP
It's just something I do most of the time - trying to minimise the losses. Sometimes I cut the profit, but that's ok with me - I'm not very good at predicting, so need to compromise

eu 5M scalp

eu.gif

Looks like you've done really well this week Zen, well done!!

Steaks all round for Zen household tonight..:cheesy:

Thanks K:)

I've just checked all of the trades I posted here in November and added the number of pips - I halved the number of pips for each 1/2 position. I couldn't possibly calculate the account percentage as my stakes are different - for not very good set ups 1% up to 3% for good ones.

I'm not sure if I posted all the results, but those posted come to +146 pips (if I'm correct) which is not bad for this number of trades (1,2 or 3 trades per day). I shouldn't have taken some of the trades though (a bit of over-trading few times). At the same time there were few very difficult days - choppy small ranges. Also few times I had lucky escapes (today on eur/usd price came to within 0.3 pip to my stop on 1/2 position and on eur/gbp to 2.7 pips from my stop on complete position - choppy unpredictable moves)

It's not bad, but it's not very good either - for the amount of analysis, stress, trade management, risk exposure etc. I don't know - maybe I should try higher time frames

I've just checked all of the trades I posted here in November and added the number of pips - I halved the number of pips for each 1/2 position. I couldn't possibly calculate the account percentage as my stakes are different - for not very good set ups 1% up to 3% for good ones.

I'm not sure if I posted all the results, but those posted come to +146 pips (if I'm correct) which is not bad for this number of trades (1,2 or 3 trades per day). I shouldn't have taken some of the trades though (a bit of over-trading few times). At the same time there were few very difficult days - choppy small ranges. Also few times I had lucky escapes (today on eur/usd price came to within 0.3 pip to my stop on 1/2 position and on eur/gbp to 2.7 pips from my stop on complete position - choppy unpredictable moves)

It's not bad, but it's not very good either - for the amount of analysis, stress, trade management, risk exposure etc. I don't know - maybe I should try higher time frames

I wouldn't change too much too quickly, if you're making profit then stick with it and gradually try reduce errors and stress over time, change too much could be a disaster..

We've seen a number of trades exactly the same the last couple of weeks, you must be a genius!!:cool:

What is your drawdown , pips per trade on losing and winning trades and number of trades and time period traded?

Something like this.....then we could comment.anything above 6 pip per trade is good 12 is excellent , and 20 is fantastic.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 99
What is your drawdown , pips per trade on losing and winning trades and number of trades and time period traded?

I don't keep record of it - I just apply 4% rule. As soon as I suffered 4% loss, I stop trading. In that sense my max drawdown is 4% (daily). The amount I risk per trade is from 1% to 3% depending on how good is the set up. Last time I lost more than 4% was in September. It was 6% and I stopped trading for 2 weeks.

Something like this.....then we could comment.anything above 6 pip per trade is good 12 is excellent , and 20 is fantastic.

I don't use fixed stakes - for some very good set ups I use big stakes and 10 pips can be up to 3% of my account and for some other set ups 30 pips (or more) can be 1%

I don't keep record of it - I just apply 4% rule. As soon as I suffered 4% loss, I stop trading. In that sense my max drawdown is 4% (daily). The amount I risk per trade is from 1% to 3% depending on how good is the set up. Last time I lost more than 4% was in September. It was 6% and I stopped trading for 2 weeks.

I don't use fixed stakes - for some very good set ups I use big stakes and 10 pips can be up to 3% of my account and for some other set ups 30 pips (or more) can be 1%

What you're doing is spot on. Your loss limit of 4% reflects your own comfort zone (someone else may be at 10%), adjusting your trade size based on your stop loss size and your comfort zone of risk per trade is how you can avoid emotion in trading.

My comfort zone is risking 2% on every trade, any more than this and I tend to watch the PnL on each trade rather than the price action. If you watch the PnL on each trade it will cost you big timel!

Pips don't count, ££££'s do, you can be pip positive but £££ negative.. so your approach IMO is (y) If you're making profit don't change the engine, just fine tune it every week..

To help fine tune your trades, you need to do some analysis to establish what kind of trader you may be. The view below is my data for this year so far.

What this tells you is that I like short term trends and retracements, I'm cr£p at trading on Mondays & Tuesdays, by Wednesday I've become more "tuned" to which direction the week is going as I'm using the weekly trend to help establish better trades towards the end of the week.

Secondly, I'm far more comfortable at EU trades versus other pairs, this may be because the price action is more true due to it's high liquidity, or it could likely be the fact that I only have capacity to read on or two pairs properly so tend to be guessing more at other trades.

Thirdly, must do something about the interest charge and stop looking at carrying trades overnight every now and again, 9% on frigging interest, unreal!!

The below % are based on £££, not pips...

Analyse your trades in pivots until you're blue in the face, and find your strengths, but personally, I like your trades and watch them with interest..

Attachments

• Trades 2012.JPG
    Trades 2012.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 111