Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

no surprise in crude oil. Inventories are up huge, but price is still up 1.50/barrel today. Can't be because of demand, eh? And people complain that the forex market is manipulated...

Peter

fx manipulated ? - no, it can't be true

sure, i trade daily inside bars and hope for the breakout.
the stops and targets come from a convoluted way of using fibonacci that I have severely *******ised from a commercial system that was available some time ago but didn't actually work.
The way I have come up with appears to work on the backtesting I have done.
I’ve papertraded it for a little while and done some back testing on some of the currencies and it appears to work.
I’m now trading it live at 10p a pip on GKFX/SLM for a while, if it carries on doing well then I’ll up the stakes so that I can trade each order properly at 1% of my extremely moderate bank.

So far since I’ve gone live I’ve had 36 trades with 19 winners, 17 losers (soon to be 18 the way the EJ s going for me)
On average a winning trade generates 1.15R compared to a loss of 1R for a stop out
I’m up 4.28% over those 36 trades.

As for me, trading a couple of years, started off with a commercial system (Forex Net Trap) and am now trying to find my way with trading on the dailies, I don’t have time or the personality to trade intra-day!

I’m working on other ways of trading as well, but it’s all a long slow learning process

I see someone decided that this thread was worth a one start after I mention it.We really do have some kn*bs around. Clearly he thought it was funny and aimed at pissing me of. Guess what you've pal, you will probably succeed, Im getting fed up with this site again.

sure, i trade daily inside bars and hope for the breakout.
the stops and targets come from a convoluted way of using fibonacci that I have severely *******ised from a commercial system that was available some time ago but didn't actually work.
The way I have come up with appears to work on the backtesting I have done.
I’ve papertraded it for a little while and done some back testing on some of the currencies and it appears to work.
I’m now trading it live at 10p a pip on GKFX/SLM for a while, if it carries on doing well then I’ll up the stakes so that I can trade each order properly at 1% of my extremely moderate bank.

So far since I’ve gone live I’ve had 36 trades with 19 winners, 17 losers (soon to be 18 the way the EJ s going for me)
On average a winning trade generates 1.15R compared to a loss of 1R for a stop out
I’m up 4.28% over those 36 trades.

As for me, trading a couple of years, started off with a commercial system (Forex Net Trap) and am now trying to find my way with trading on the dailies, I don’t have time or the personality to trade intra-day!

I’m working on other ways of trading as well, but it’s all a long slow learning process

your method looks rock solid to me, I like the concept of inside bars and spent many hours reading the DIBs thread on FF.What I forward tested the results were very good,just my discipline failed at the time. Im curious as to what made you settle on that r/r when most IB methods generally go for more. Assuming that you hit 2 trades a day thats 8% a month,very good. The fact you are putting in limit orders for small stakes and sticking to your plan is superb. Its so easy to take small stakes and demo accounts in a light hearted manor. Trust me if you start with bad habits ,they will continue, just like smoking or any other addiction does

I see someone decided that this thread was worth a one start after I mention it.We really do have some kn*bs around. Clearly he thought it was funny and aimed at pissing me of. Guess what you've pal, you will probably succeed, Im getting fed up with this site again.

Don't let that get to you. 8 votes now = 4.50 avg (y)
What did you expect though? Plenty of low-lifes roaming around that have nothing better to do.

Peter

Don't let that get to you. 8 votes now = 4.50 avg (y)
What did you expect though? Plenty of low-lifes roaming around that have nothing better to do.

Peter

yeah your right, think i know who it is,I haven't had a ciggie since am,so may have over reacted due to lack of nicotine. ive decide top replace all my bad habits with good habits and thoughts.

Appears to be a failed breakout of the upper channel line. 1st target is the swing low, 2nd target would be the lower line.

Attachments

• eurusd032.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
14 pip range over past 30 minutes. it's like watching paint dry.

It's only volatile when I am not in a position!

Peter

4 out of 4 from this line over two days. Two were small ones,but worked

These are, what some at James16 over at FF call, "Touch Trades."
Those that trade that way state that it is not a method for beginners but seriously worth studying for future use as one gains experience.

james16 Chart Thread - Page 6980 @ Forex Factory

(search around the above entry)

Good work all posters on Flashies thread(y):love:

Huge up day in the S&P and NYSE on very poor volume. Retail investors and traders are largely staying out of the markets due to volatility fear. My guess is this type of day is a pump up to get them back in, then we'll see a huge volume down day. I'm sure most brokers will weather the fewer commission trades coming through but their profits have to be getting thin.

Peter

despite that weve only had 4 people rep the thread and no reps on any trades as yet, looks like a few watching which is great,hopefuly build up just in time for that run of losers im due:mad:

how i rep?

This is good stuff, keep it up. Always nice to have a trader willing to do live calls, there is no substitute for it. :)

how i rep?

This is good stuff, keep it up. Always nice to have a trader willing to do live calls, there is no substitute for it. :)

GO to the rating on the top right.

looks like someone else rating this thread a 1 star. Its quite clear who it is and no doubt he will be exposed as a multi nic soon enough

Keep up the good work folks ! I really enjoy reading this.

What's more, if only I had more time in the day, you would have made me millionaire by now !!!

By the way, LF, can you put together a short prayer, so that your followers can pray to you when they need guidance in their trades ? :LOL: Something along the lines of "Oh Great LF, clear my mind before I make this stupid mistake and lose all my money"