Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

small stake audusd 1.0060, stop 10.
seems to be in a down chaqnnel so just testing the theory.

Psychologically, that has to be damaging....
Why not move your stop into profit at some point. Its a lot to give up...
coz you have to let your profits run..or supposed to rather...

with hindsight I should've taken profits...perhaps the rest of the day wouldnt have turned out that way as, apart from oil trade, the other 2 trades were revenge trading as set ups were nowhere near ideal.

Flashys strategy of taking half the profits at 1:1 is a really good one but my problem is that when it does reach 1:1, I get greedy and think its going to catapult in my favour

Yesterday at one point I was up more than $13,000 in May. Today I lost more than $11,000 - all on eur/usd.

PS It's a demo $50,000 account - trading without stops there. On my real account I'm a bit down for May.

Last edited:
small stake audusd 1.0060, stop 10.
seems to be in a down chaqnnel so just testing the theory.

Some things look good on paper but ....-10.
Small stake so no real harm done, had a good day. PA has bounced off the line twice since passing through it however. Might still be good for something tomorrow.

coz you have to let your profits run..or supposed to rather...

with hindsight I should've taken profits...perhaps the rest of the day wouldnt have turned out that way as, apart from oil trade, the other 2 trades were revenge trading as set ups were nowhere near ideal.

Flashys strategy of taking half the profits at 1:1 is a really good one but my problem is that when it does reach 1:1, I get greedy and think its going to catapult in my favour

If its 90 pips up its already done a fair bit of running...

I had a look at the chart and there were one or two warning signs, like the reverse head and shoulders that was breached on the 5 min chart. You could still have taken 30-40 pips at that point if i remember correctly. Of course it depends on your system, t/f and r:r etc and at the end of the day as long as you make money then why change. Hindsight is easy but nobody gets it right every time... :)

and it sounds like you know that revenge trading is dangerous... (n)

Range trade. The larger trend is down so shorting is a safer play. Data out later so looking to close out before then and open a new trader after then numbers are out.

Attachments

• audusd01.gif
    audusd01.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 99
If its 90 pips up its already done a fair bit of running...

I had a look at the chart and there were one or two warning signs, like the reverse head and shoulders that was breached on the 5 min chart. You could still have taken 30-40 pips at that point if i remember correctly. Of course it depends on your system, t/f and r:r etc and at the end of the day as long as you make money then why change. Hindsight is easy but nobody gets it right every time... :)

and it sounds like you know that revenge trading is dangerous... (n)

I took this signal on 30 min chart and after the hammer (pin bar) at 13:30 UK time I tightened the stop. Also if you look at the daily chart, 1550 looks likely so I decided to keep.

Morning guys

sure to be more euro and cable action today,there are still the gaps to be filled from last week on some pairs.