Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

sell eurusd 1.3020, stop 10 target 20

Well target was reached but unfortunately stop taken out first...
I see there seems to be a prevailing thought that the buyers are ready to come in but i just don't see it going up far at the moment. I'd be surprised if it went much past 3040 today.
...but then it wouldn't be the first time i've misjudged sentiment. :eek:

short eurjpy, 10360, stop 10420
scratched 10365

considering the news and the way commodities and stocks have fallen, I wouldve guessed euro should have collapsed and be 1.26 and eurojpy 100!! obviously something is holding it up and I dont want to go against it

scratched 10365

considering the news and the way commodities and stocks have fallen, I wouldve guessed euro should have collapsed and be 1.26 and eurojpy 100!! obviously something is holding it up and I dont want to go against it

experience has led me to try and not think like that,never seems to work that way

reason for cj trade,simple pullback,hit the line and was never more than a pip down
hope it continues upwards as Im leaving 2nd 1/ 2 for a biggie

Attachments

• 2012-05-08_1854.png
    2012-05-08_1854.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 99
I have a short position on ATVI. (US Stock) I'm not sure if I needed to mention that or not. My question to eveyone is would you hold a position overnight if earning was being released after the market close on 9 May. I'm not sure if I should get out of my position now or wait until tomorrow. Your thoughts please. Thank You

I have a short position on ATVI. (US Stock) I'm not sure if I needed to mention that or not. My question to eveyone is would you hold a position overnight if earning was being released after the market close on 9 May. I'm not sure if I should get out of my position now or wait until tomorrow. Your thoughts please. Thank You

It all depends on how much risk YOU can handle. Earnings plays are volatile, which can be good or bad, you just never know ahead of time though.

Activision stock price has been in a range for the past 6 months. If you are short near $13.00 then sensible advice would be to exit near $12.00 regardless of earnings data. IN MY OPINION, do not hold a position after the close on 5/9/12.
This is my opinion only. You have to determine what is best for you.

Peter

probably not the best thread to take an answer from.May be best to start a new thread on you may get better answers. If it were me with no knowledge of the stock then it would depend how much I was ahead,you could tighten stop,take 1/2 off. There will probably be wider spreads and movement before the announcement.

It all depends on how much risk YOU can handle. Earnings plays are volatile, which can be good or bad, you just never know ahead of time though.

Activision stock price has been in a range for the past 6 months. If you are short near $13.00 then sensible advice would be to exit near $12.00 regardless of earnings data. IN MY OPINION, do not hold a position after the close on 5/9/12.
This is my opinion only. You have to determine what is best for you.

Peter

Thanks! Good advice. I managed to get stopped out. It was the wrong play for me to go short ATVI in the first place. And an even worse play for me not knowing that earnings would be out tomorrow. I made three mistakes with this trade which I plan on learning from and not repeating in the future. Thanks again, Peter.

probably not the best thread to take an answer from.May be best to start a new thread on you may get better answers. If it were me with no knowledge of the stock then it would depend how much I was ahead,you could tighten stop,take 1/2 off. There will probably be wider spreads and movement before the announcement.

Thanks, Lord Flashheart. I was under the impression that this was just a random trading thread. The thing is, I wasn't ahead at all. I was just trading the plan and being that I'm more of I mechanical trader I wouldn't move a stop.

Just for future references why wouldn't this have been the best thread to take an answer from. Appreciate all the help!