Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
John Hardy from Saxo Bank recommends selling GBP/USD here around 1.7350 with a stop in 1.7405 and a target in 1.7210.

Bad call. Stopped out. :eek:

PS. I only trade my own calls...

Baruch said:
John Hardy from Saxo Bank recommends selling GBP/USD here around 1.7350 with a stop in 1.7405 and a target in 1.7210.

And Saxobank are clearly as bad as me at trading cable !! ;)

Kaffee said:
And Saxobank are clearly as bad as me at trading cable !! ;)

I suppose John Harday didn't knew that Issing from ECB - a rate hike hawk - was going to make a speech this morning. As I always say: It's the news, which makes the big moves... :cheesy:

Kaffee said:
How ? Big Ben in profit by a possible 110+ (maybe more) this morning.

Yes, Big Ben was very good this morning. Wait for the breakout between 7.00 and 8.00 in the morning - and follow the flow... :cheesy:

Baruch said:
I suppose John Harday didn't knew that Issing from ECB - a rate hike hawk - was going to make a speech this morning. As I always say: It's the news, which makes the big moves... :cheesy:

Interesting. Neither did FXCM.. as it wasn't on their calendar of events. Can only really trade the news if you know it's coming eh ?

Which is why I just follow the price.

morning all.. think i'll join you guys today, if you dont mind...

have been long since yesterday evening on the trendline break, and it looks like it is just about to head south as it is sitting on the trendline and not bouncing as yet..

will let you know when i reverse..

fc

Kaffee said:
Interesting. Neither did FXCM.. as it wasn't on their calendar of events. Can only really trade the news if you know it's coming eh ?

Which is why I just follow the price.

It's OK just to follow the price - but if you also know why the move is happening, you don't jump on fake moves, stophunting spikes etc. :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
morning all.. think i'll join you guys today, if you dont mind...

have been long since yesterday evening on the trendline break, and it looks like it is just about to head south as it is sitting on the trendline and not bouncing as yet..

will let you know when i reverse..

fc

Yes, lining up a short. Might give it a slap at 460. Got SAR at 420 currently.

zuke said:
Scaled out 5 lots @ 42 for +38 pips :LOL: Stop moved to flat. Remaining 5 lots will run until stop hit or target 2 hit (where I will scale out another 3 lots)

Happy days are here again!! still have 2 lots running from my 7312 long which I did post live. Moved stop on 1 lot to 7412 to lock in 100 pips. Will let the last lot run and run until 7312 break even or a 7550.

zuke said:
Happy days are here again!! still have 2 lots running from my 7312 long which I did post live. Moved stop on 1 lot to 7412 to lock in 100 pips. Will let the last lot run and run until 7312 break even or a 7550.

Well done, zuke. :cheesy:

PS. How much is a lot?

zuke said:

Good trading!!!
What size is one lot?

zuke said:

good one awaiting BOE decision.