Links, links and more links

rossored

There have been a lot of questions on the BBs lately from newcomers asking for various good points to get started at.

I, along with other regulars, always seem to be responding to the same questions the same way, and I'm getting a bit annoyed with myself because of it... :cheesy:

Hence, I've spent this morning whacking together a very basic website on my own freespace, with a compilation of links and basic information.

I'm not trying to take anything away from T2W as I regard the site highly - but if it helps people, then I think it'll be worthwhile.

Feel free to click the link below, have a look around, and let me know whether you think :

a) its complete rubbish
b) I'm a total a***hole
c) how it might be improved
d) whether or not you think its a good idea
e) anything else you want to say

You can PM me via T2W or click the link on the site.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/rossored/rossoone.htm

PS Its only basic, I can improve over time if feedback tells me that its worth it.

PPS There will not be a charge incurred for this service, either now or in the future :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Last edited:
Good idea. Obviously red :cheesy: but the black is difficult to read on it.
well done ;)

Rosso, nice idea.. and looks like you've been busy with it. However as luck would have it I am actually writing a post in the T2W news forum right now about the next big project for the site, which may be what you've been waiting for. Check it out in a few mins... Cheers!

That'd be about right! I spend months typing the same links on T2W, and when I finally do something about it, you're halfway there yourself!!

LOL :cheesy:

As you may have guessed, this is the link I was referring to..

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?threadid=8170&goto=newpost

It would incorporate links to both articles and websites that were of interest to a particular topic of trading. We do already have the web directory facility but I appreciate that the format means its difficult to pinpoint the really good link amongst the 100s there - and since we don't regularly check whether there still working, you might find a lot of dead links.

Still it's made me think of a couple of things - i) the ability to let members host their own webpages on T2W and ii) an updated web directory idea I was considering at the end of last year, which would be more of a visual directory of the top sites in various categories with the ability for these to be rated and ranked, along with a screenshot and description.

Rosso, a very thoughtful and useful idea. One to build on, but obviously if this and the BB Sharky has set up for a similar purpose are to co-exist - links each way would be good.

Second Oatman's comments on the Black-on-Red. How about Red-on-White if the Red's a must!?

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm getting a feeling here that black on red isnt such a good idea.... :cheesy:

Just a brief question...Is everyone seeing a really bright red? Or a much darker, dried-blood sort of red?

See what you mean. When I opened the page it was bright then quickly bull's blood.

Time for some new monitors I guess - only got 4 and I can't read this site on any of them !

Sorry - just seen the new yellow on red site which I can read.

Just a suggestion but are you sure that red makes a good backround colour ?

rosso, I don't know about these things, but when I open your page it goes off the right hand side of the screen rather than centralised.

Yeah, the colours do suck. I'll change them today to something a bit more compliant - v.light blue and black or something.

Anyone else having off-the-screen issues? Cant see any probs in the coding or layout to cause it to do that, but thanks for your feedback peeps.

RR

thoughts

nice idea - horrible colour scheme!

also far too difficult navigation. lose the buttons - put all headings on the left / top (i.e. links, email me, dead link etc etc)

ew.

Presumably you are referring to the red/yellow scheme, not the one currently in use: http://mysite.freeserve.com/rossored/rossoone.htm

I dont have a problem with the buttons being on the bottom, personally, so that's where they are going to stay.

If anyone actually has any further links to offer, that would be great : that was the original plan, that members would actually contribute and it could grow into a link of useful sites, along with the work that sharky is doing for T2W.

If you want to recommend a link that you feel might be useful, either use the facilities on the site (email) or PM me on here.

Thanks for your feedback/criticism etc etc.