Let JR back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes, Trader333, one can agree with you that the exceptions are the advertisers/rampers who are not ordinary members posting their own genuine debating contributions on the threads and could be excluded soonest.

But ordinary members, surely, deserve the respect of a system such as the eminently suitable proposal made by Grubs50?

I will reiterate!

JR WAS given a warning by private message so as to save him the embarrassment of a public rebuttal. There is nothing to say that anyone has to give any warning OR reason before banning someone. I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt, recognising his potential contribution to this BB. He chose to ignore that very polite warning and went on to make an issue of it. As far as I recall, there has only ever been one or two occasions where a person has been banned. The guidelines are there for all to read and abide by. The banning of spammers requires immediate action, as Trader333 says. It's a total pain.
I will say thisONE LAST TIME. This BB will not tolerate personal abuse by anyone, directed at anyone.
Finally, if you want to let off steam, you will find that "The Lounge" is a far more tolerant place to air your views. Here , you can probably as outrageous and outspoken as you wish, on any subject , so long as there is no personal abuse. That is sole reason that we have this room.
I will take on board the suggestion by Grubs and put it to the other Moderators and Sharky ( and that is already in hand, but with just one warning). Do the members think that it should take three warnings? As a right thinking person, one such warning should be more than adequate, I would have thought....

One warning should be enough for anyone. But perhaps it should be cleared after a period of good behavior.

"I would have them whom the lightness or foolery of the argument may offend to consider that mine is not the first of this kind, but the same thing that has been often practiced even by great authors: when Homer, so many ages since, did the like with the battle of frogs and mice; Virgil, with the gnat and puddings; Ovid, with the nut; when Polycrates and his corrector Isocrates extolled tyranny; Glauco, injustice; Favorinus, deformity and the quartan ague; Synescius, baldness; Lucian, the fly and flattery; when Seneca made such sport with Claudius' canonizations; Plutarch, with his dialogue between Ulysses and Gryllus; Lucian and Apuleius, with the ass; and some other, I know not who, with the hog that made his last will and testament, of which also even St. Jerome makes mention. And therefore if they please, let them suppose I played at tables for my diversion, or if they had rather have it so, that I rode on a hobbyhorse. "
With apologies to Erasmus of Rotterdam

Rogn...

Due to my lack of skooling, I have not got a clue what you just writ.

:eek:

boy said:
Rogn...

Due to my lack of skooling, I have not got a clue what you just writ.

:eek:

some blah about a gangbang involving frogs, mice, hogs, hobbyhorses, and even a fly

Bo(y)(i)s(both)
Basically that there is nothing new under the sun - least of all the stupidity we all seem to be engaging in just now - its time we took a good look at ourselves.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.- Albert Einstein

jay

Sharky is busy organising the T2W shop. I can tell you that the warning system will be put in place as soon as is practically possible. The Sin Bin idea will not. Your comments on whether the warning should be public or private would be appreciated. My preference would be in private, to avoid personal embarrasement in the event of a genuine error on the part of the poster . Spammers will still be banned outright without any warning. Our thanks to Trader 333 ( and many others) for their unending vigilance in bringing these to our attention.
The decision to uphold the ban on JR by the moderators and T2W is unanamous and final.

Censorship is always bad. Unless the offending posting constitutes a criminal offence or is actionable.

Why not have a sinbin into which all innapropriate messages are put.

Those who are interested can then go and satisfy their mobid curiosity.

Direct postings to the sin bin should perhaps be banned.

This way everyone should be happy.

[QUOTE

i wish him the best

my online store sux. In the last three months, i've only sold one lousy t-shirt

http://www.cafeshops.com/ckbstore

- Car Key Boi :(
[/QUOTE]

CKB, Maybe its time to change yer profession :cry:

Being a criminal never pays :cheesy:

Imran

There are problems with a sin bin. The owner/manager of the web site has to ensure that they do not contribute to a problem once it has been brought to their attention.

Some examples would be:-

a. a post that is a libel
b. a post which incites racial hatred
c. a post which harasses another site user

In all the above examples a sin bin would be inappropiate as Sharky needs to cover his own tail and make sure that he is not legally responsible for the further distribution of the offending post.

I cannot see that there is any other option but to delete or withdraw from public view any posts which potentially jeopardise the site as a whole.

One reason I like this site so much is the LACK of nastiness and insulting remarks.

I think the moderators do a fantastic job and, believe me, I have no idea who JB is or what he said.

The fact that he was banned by a moderator is more than enough for me, I certainly have more faith in them than ranters and spammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.