Lee Shepherd's Trading Diary

Are you suggesting that T2W is moderated by fallible human beings whom, in hindsight, and with many days consideration could have actually made better decisions at the time?

If so, I shall cancel my subscription at once.

You'd save a lot of money :LOL:

Lee,
You're obviously one of the good guys and having experienced untold "merde" thrown at me over the 12 years I've been here I can understand your feeling that you simply can't be bothered posting again.
However, you never, ever let the distorters, trolls, and liars beat you. They are scumbags, the lowest form of life that hide like the cowards they are behind the anonymity of a nick crawling out occasionally from under their rocks, and you never, ever let them beat you. You're bigger than the lizards.
Come back, believe me, t2w needs decent people and the silent (usually) majority are with you.
Best wishes,
Richard

can someone summarise what happened here?

Some guy came along and said he worked for IG and had access to Lee's account.

He then went on to claim that all Lee's account screenshots were photo-shopped and had proof, No one believed his claim, He was banned and the posts were deleted ( after a period of lulz.)

Lee really took it to heart as an attack on his good and transparent reputation he has here and subsequently quit the forum. Hope he rises above it and is back as soon as.. (y)

The problem is that there aren't that many straight pins left in this bent world.

My starting point as far as moderating is concerned goes like this.
Everyone has an agenda.
It's not always possible to immediately work out what it might be, but give people enough time and it will become apparent.

For all those who want to make a difference, you might consider getting on board as opposed to telling everyone else how it should be done.

cv.

The whole situation is very unfortunate and in particular the timing of what happened. I was not on the boards at the time that the accusations were made. But at the point where anyone claimed to work for IG and was posting about any customer would have alerted me to this being fake.

The fact he was a multi-nic was not picked up by the usual methods that alert mods to this but lessons have been learned and it is much less likely in future.

The problem is that there aren't that many straight pins left in this bent world.

My starting point as far as moderating is concerned goes like this.
Everyone has an agenda.
It's not always possible to immediately work out what it might be, but give people enough time and it will become apparent.

For all those who want to make a difference, you might consider getting on board as opposed to telling everyone else how it should be done.

cv.

You modern day mods are too tame.

Lee, if you are still reading this thread, don't disappear because of some f**kwit.
Even if you aren't happy posting with your old nic, well there is a solution to that...
Multinics only seem to be an issue when they are in use at the same time.
Your choice, but if you still want to come here, do so, one way or another.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying your posts are interesting and have value here :)

if it was genuine ig then a very quick easy check can be done to verify and would have sorted this quickly without a doubt.

it's not the first or the last thread mr sb is going to wreck, or member upset.

indeed lessons were learned a previous time he did it, it should be common practice. but did anybody actually know what they're looking at or what they're looking for in this instance?

I have no idea what new lessons there are to be learned this time round that's not already known? but it'll be same story next time he visits for sure :(

So, what's the story behind mr. spread betting ? who is he and why the massive chip on the shoulder ?

just like to add.

there are 3 common traits to mr sb visits. 1. attempt to rip off the membership. 2. to have a pop at long term t2w members. 3. to wreck vender'ish looking threads.

Hi Lee, don't take it personally, your always going to get some **** having a poke at, best not bite mate, let it go straight over your head, you don't justify yourself to anybody but you.

I also had some pratt having a go, I to got dragged in, it caused me hassle l could have done without, that's primarily why l rarely post these day.

What ever l do is important only me and l won't and don't have to explain anything to anybody, its certainly a better way to trade for me.

Just so you all know, I have written to LS part of which was to thank him for his contribution and ask him back. He has declined. I'll let him explain why publicly should he feel the need.

Good morning all,

I'm back for a short time - probably up until Christmas. I will be posting up trades as I did 4 years ago. However, due to the unnecessary flack I received last time I would kindly request that moderators help me (and others) should I get any a-holes trying to de-rail the thread or make personal attacks. That is not conducive to the site nor individuals. Sh1ts and giggles permitted of course and if you know me from before, then feel free to abuse me like you used to. :)

Just to make it clear to those that don't know me. I'm not on here to sell anything and any advice that I choose to give is at the expense of my time and at your risk.
Don't ask me directions or stock picks. I have no idea.

My reason for being here: to re-cap on the last 4 years from being away from this site and to update where I am now - bragging rights allowed. If this gives confidence to others then great, if it makes you feel bad/jealous, angry or aggressive then change your attitude, otherwise you will always be on the other end of successful traders. I am also on the look out for another trader in the Hampshire area for meets and greets and business ideas. NOTE: Not looking for someone to carry and must have at least 2 years success/profits under their belt. Must also be trading commodities, indices and/or stocks. No forex.

Good trading all and have a great day.

Regards,
Lee Shepherd

Hey, lee, really great to see you again

Ps: hope the mods do a better job than I did should the need arise

All one has to do is restrict access to the journal. No need for mods to act as gatekeepers at all.