Lee Shepherd's Trading Diary

Nice thread Lee. Can you give a few brief reasons why your fundamental views are long on soybeans and platinum?

Hi seeking truth,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I'm not here to talk about my positions. They are posted as evidence of my trading abilities only.

I remain the only 100% transparent person on here who openly shows my platform and trade history. I also do not hide behind a nick name.

You will find me around the forum or in particular a thread I started offering help and advice. Obviously any advice given is strictly of my opinion only.

Regards,
Lee

All trades listed below for month from 1st July 2017 through to 29th July 2017.

Summary:

19 x US Crude (Inc Brent) contracts closed for +£3,294.90
4 x Soybean contracts closed for +£5,107.50
2 x New York Sugar No:11 contracts closed for +£1,414.00
2 x New York Cocoa contracts closed for +£1,125.00
1 x New York Orange Juice contract closed for +£390.00
2 x Nasdaq (US Tech) trades plus 1 x EUR/USD closed for (minus) -£166.50

Total = +£11,164.90

Withdrawn from account – Undisclosed amount
Remaining on account – Undisclosed amount
Availability to trade – Undisclosed amount

Profit/Loss on account + £9,641.45

Below is a screenshot for verification purposes.

Certain details have been removed for personal and obvious security reasons. However, there is more than sufficient data showing the above.

As a side note: I would like to be more transparent than I am but this would not be fair on those who wish to attempt to mimic my trades and potentially get into financial trouble – this happens more than you would imagine. I (and others) also work very hard to find and research our trades before doing the deal and it would not be fair to throw these out there for all and sundry – whether or not this affects our positions is irrelevant.

PS: Not all trades will sit on one page with IG so have posted the trades closed on 2 pages.

Good Luck for next month.

Regards,

Lee Shepherd

Attachments

• T2W 29-7-17 - 1.jpg
    T2W 29-7-17 - 1.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 248
  • T2W 29-7-17 - 2.jpg
    T2W 29-7-17 - 2.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 226

Summary:

19 x US Crude (Inc Brent) contracts closed for +£3,294.90
4 x Soybean contracts closed for +£5,107.50
2 x New York Sugar No:11 contracts closed for +£1,414.00
2 x New York Cocoa contracts closed for +£1,125.00
1 x New York Orange Juice contract closed for +£390.00
2 x Nasdaq (US Tech) trades plus 1 x EUR/USD closed for (minus) -£166.50

Total = +£11,164.90

Availability to trade – Undisclosed amount

Profit/Loss on account + £9,641.45

Certain details have been removed for personal and obvious security reasons. However, there is more than sufficient data showing the above.

As a side note: I would like to be more transparent than I am but this would not be fair on those who wish to attempt to mimic my trades and potentially get into financial trouble – this happens more than you would imagine. I (and others) also work very hard to find and research our trades before doing the deal and it would not be fair to throw these out there for all and sundry – whether or not this affects our positions is irrelevant.

PS: Not all trades will sit on one page with IG so have posted the trades closed on 2 pages.

Good Luck for next month.

Regards,

Lee Shepherd

Cheers from the USA Lee! Well you know what you are doing, I can see that. I was beginning to wonder about this forum. :p

Summary:

19 x US Crude (Inc Brent) contracts closed for +£3,294.90.....

hi lee thanks for sharing all your results etc

can i ask why does your crude oil aug 17 trade show as individual £1 positions all opening at 4498.8 and closing at 4437?

hi lee thanks for sharing all your results etc

can i ask why does your crude oil aug 17 trade show as individual £1 positions all opening at 4498.8 and closing at 4437?

i guess all the contracts show separately

All trades listed below for month from 30th July 2017 through to 31st August 2017.

Summary:

15 x US Crude (Inc Brent) contracts closed for +£2,788.10
3 x Platinum contracts closed for +£3,570.00
1 x New York Sugar No:11 contract closed for +£441.00
1 x New York Cocoa contract closed for +£505.00

Total = +£7,304.10

Availability to trade – Undisclosed amount/heavily under leveraged

Profit/Loss on account - (minus) £-2,321.20

A lot of details have been removed for personal and obvious security reasons. However, there is more than sufficient data showing the above.

As a side note: I have built a lot of positions for which I cannot/will not disclose as yet until the positions have played out and I have found the level we are playing for. These will be shown on next months statement. As it stands and as you (pro's) know, there is always a 'starting' loss on new positions, obviously as we seldom get in on the lows and of course there is spread/comms to take in to account.

Obviously not a great month as depicted in another thread I started and so leaves me 63% under target. So I run naked to the lamp post :)

The account is still very much under leveraged at the present time. I will be looking to build in more positions this month (September). This will have an immediate knock down affect on profit/loss on account whilst levels are played out and spread/comms take affect. However, the back end of September and moving in to October should gross higher rates of return with no greater risk.

I'm expecting write downs in October and back end of November so this will be an interesting time for new traders to pay attention to. As I wrote about before on this thread (years back), 'Handling the losses' are always the best bits. We can all make money but ultimately its what we do when stood in front of the abyss that really shows our strength of character.

PS: To save any discussions (for which would be irrelevant) and so that I do not disclose my levels of play, I have taken/edited out all position levels (open/close prices) and contract size. Sorry guys and girls.

So very basically we just have the trade and the amount closed for. It may be that I have to remove some of the trades on future statements but I will leave the values in. A bit of a bummer I know.

PPS: Even though this is probably one of my most heavily edited statements, it still shows 100% transparency and is proof to those that doubt that money can and is made on the markets on a regular basis, the only question you need ask is 'How much can I earn'.

And Yes.... Pro traders do stalk this forum, more than you would appreciate. The talent is there somewhere but in comparison, I am but a small fish.

This diary will run up till Christmas.

Good Luck for this month and have a great weekend.

Regards,

Lee Shepherd

Attachments

• T2W 2-9-17.jpg
    T2W 2-9-17.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 250
30th July 2017 through to 31st August 2017.
Total = +£7,304.10
Profit/Loss on account -£2,321.20

thats is awesome Lee, well done! (you are trading much bigger than i currently am)

you trade for a living then?

is the "-£2,321.20" your current open p/l?

when i look at monthly performance i go by change in net equity, so factor in the open p/l

Last edited:
7K is good , but whats the % of your account ?

% is everything .

GL

7K is good , but whats the % of your account ?

% is everything .

GL

Hey Tar,

You are very correct here. Regrettably (for most) my percent is very poor to the standards of what people expect on this forum, and in real life. Most want double digits weekly or even daily. This is always due to small account holders with high leverage and high risk to match. My annual percent is double digits. My account is very under leveraged and therefore I would be considered a low risk/low reward trader. I won't publish my percent figures here as they reveal true wealth - as you know otherwise you wouldn't have asked. However you've asked a very smart question. The answer is only revealed in person with like minded traders who fully grasp that consistency is better than boom or bust (in most cases, bust).

PS: £7k is considered as sh1t.

Lee

Hey Tar,

You are very correct here. Regrettably (for most) my percent is very poor to the standards of what people expect on this forum, and in real life. Most want double digits weekly or even daily. This is always due to small account holders with high leverage and high risk to match. My annual percent is double digits. My account is very under leveraged and therefore I would be considered a low risk/low reward trader. I won't publish my percent figures here as they reveal true wealth - as you know otherwise you wouldn't have asked. However you've asked a very smart question. The answer is only revealed in person with like minded traders who fully grasp that consistency is better than boom or bust (in most cases, bust).

PS: £7k is considered as sh1t.

Lee

This is a point thats consistent across forums imo. Most folks dont consider the real risks they are taking or consider their returns on risk.

You could have two guys tarding dax, both have the same size acc and average 8% a the month. Trader A is slinging a 10ppp and Trader B never gets bigger than 2ppp.
Trader A is 'da man' for most punters! :D

Another important figure here is the max drawdown - including unrealized losses - .

Another valid point. Hence why these are written in the post and published on the screenshots. It's important to note that last month had gains of £9k (or there abouts). This month has a loss of £2k. But important to remember that as soon as a trade is opened, it shows an immediate loss. Also bear in mind that more times than not, the trade wil swing against you for a certain degree or in this case, your planned move. This can be extremely difficult for most people to accept.

Ya open losses is important to know about , but also the all time peak to trough max drawdown on the account - MTM - . Not talking about your specific account just in general , these figures are important .

I'm keeping this months results short - very short:clover:.

Total points = 3,660.84 – feel free to add any pounds per points to this as your account allows.
It’s been a ridiculously exceptional month, in fact that would be a huge understatement.

I’m going against posting any trade values this month and that includes the trades. I will only post the points, you can feel free to add as many pounds per points to them figures as you wish. For example, if you feel I played on only £5 per point, the total for the month would equal £18,304.20 - but I don't play £5pp. For all others that have viewed this trading diary over the (almost) 10 years I’ve been posting, know I use higher values and can be seen from the screenshots.

Let’s just say that I have had a criminal months earnings and leave it at that – but also bear in mind that you are only as good as your last trade. Lets not get above ourselves here. I got lucky.

I won’t comment any further on this month’s journal entry.

Edited picture for transparency.

PS: For the regular pros on here, it's not too difficult to work out some of the trades but I would kindly ask that you don't post and reveal. Thanks.

PPS: You'll see from the 2 screenshots that the ongoing P/L is showing from +£60 something to minus £500 odd. The swings are obviously quite heavy and not for the faint hearted.

@brewski - The trade I spoke with you about and to throw across - was Carillion. We did good but as discussed, needed babysitting for the news break. Sorry you missed out on this mate :) 20% swings in 1 day, 10-15% the next. In and out on the buy out rumour over 2 days. :) - Foresight knowledge :innocent:

I will be building more positions over the next month and expect some write downs either next month or December. The journal will run up to Christmas but I hope to display some fantastic losses for all to chew over before I go.

All the best for next month.

Lee Shepherd

Attachments

• T2W 29-9-17 - 1.png
    T2W 29-9-17 - 1.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 430
  • T2W 29-9-17 - 2.jpg
    T2W 29-9-17 - 2.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 407
@brewski - The trade I spoke with you about and to throw across - was Carillion. We did good but as discussed, needed babysitting for the news break. Sorry you missed out on this mate :) 20% swings in 1 day, 10-15% the next. In and out on the buy out rumour over 2 days. :) - Foresight knowledge :innocent:

The way I'm going, if I'd taken that trade we both would have lost :LOL:

Ok, so not long till Christmas now. Let’s make it a good one and stock pile that cash for Santa.

Those that don’t know of the so called Santa Rally, be cautious for any shorts during this period of time as every man and his dog buys stocks for their wife, husband or partner, grandchildren, children and college funds etc. Great presents if they go up in value by the time you cash out.

Again I will not be posting any trades, values/amounts so full disclosure is about the points only – not the individual trades, entries/exits, trade style ect.

I will post only the points made/lost on account plus a screenshot of the account for verification purposes.

Dates from 1st October 2017 through to and including 31st October 2017.

The basics:

16 Trades closed

14 Winners for +2,213.2 points

2 Loses for -49.9 points

Net gain +2,163.3 points - you can attach however many pounds per points you wish to this value.
for example, if its value is £5pp the cash figure would be £10,816.50. If its £20pp the cash value would be £43,266.00.

Current state of account:

Running P/L +£1,129.20

Highest profit +£1,458.00

Biggest loser £-505.80

Current £pp = £351.00

Individual trades open = 7

For beginners:
Why is there losing trades sat on account?
When opening any trades, especially at the start of each trading session, whether this be an hour, a day, week, month or year, you will immediately incur spreads and commissions which will eat into your profit. In most cases the market will also run against you for a period of time or figures. This is why having and using stops are crucial. Everyone has them, whether it be you that kills a losing trade or the market via lack of margin. Either way, losing trades have to be and will be chopped out.

For the pro’s:
Mainly for Tar. Thank you in advance for not disclosing my trades. I know you have a very good idea on how I am trading and the trades in play so I thank you for not openly discussing this on a public forum.
I would also kindly ask that any other professionals out there do not disclose as it can encourage copycat traders. This is not fair on me, my research team (those that extensively help me) and ultimately not fair on those without money management, or more to the point, those that have no clue.

Good luck in the run up to Christmas everyone. Let’s bang in some bucks.

Lee Shepherd.

Attachments

• T2W 1-11-17.png
    T2W 1-11-17.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 395
I'm now looking to unwind about 80% of the trades in the run up to Christmas. This is purposely done so i can have a decent break. Those that have followed the journal (seen me online at all hours) or know me personally know I put some dog sh1t hours in when most are watching films, on social media websites or simply looking at things that pass/waste time. Fear not, I'll be doing loads of this very shortly with the IPhone X out and Xbox one X out tomorrow, a new HD 4K ultra TV with bells and whistles and super fast broadband. All I need is a few beers and I'll be happy as Larry.

So Christmas (or more the point the whole month of December) is my break where I can relax and spend time with me and my family - I love Christmas. As mentioned previously the Journal will run up to the end of the year then I'll be off the forum. I shall return at some point in the future I'm sure just to look in and see who's still about, who's made it, who's gone bust (maybe many times over) and who's still struggling. I also expect to see some others do very well from this point forward - namely Brewski - we speak off the forum so we'll keep in touch anyway and Nowler who seems to have his heart set in this industry and is actively applying for prop houses and trading desks.

Have a good week all.

Lee

I trust we all had a good month whether it be learning or making money from what we've learnt.

This is my second to last entry before I take a break from the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of the guys on here (Tom & Co) next week.

In the meantime, I have attached a screenshot of this months trades, as always though, parts are deleted for security reasons and so that I do not disclose the trades in play.

Summary:
6 Trades won and closed for 1,488.3pts

6 Trades lost and closed for -52.3pts

Feel free to put any pounds per points or contract values on the above that you wish.

Account is currently running a loss of £-1,300.00

Current pounds per points on all positions = £600.00

The account is now very much under leveraged, this is through choice as I do not want to be heavily committed in the run up to Christmas. I've worked all year and studied hard to make the money I have made this year. December is my time to relax and watch TV, chill out, reflect on the year, watch some movies and study when I feel like it in preparation for the new year ahead.

I wish everyone well for this month, don't let the markets f**k you, or more to the point, don't f**k yourself in the markets.

Christmas wishes to all.

Lee

Attachments

• T2W 4-12-17.jpg
    T2W 4-12-17.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 351
I'm keeping this months results short - very short:clover:.

Total points = 3,660.84 – feel free to add any pounds per points to this as your account allows.
It’s been a ridiculously exceptional month, in fact that would be a huge understatement.

I’m going against posting any trade values this month and that includes the trades. I will only post the points, you can feel free to add as many pounds per points to them figures as you wish. For example, if you feel I played on only £5 per point, the total for the month would equal £18,304.20 - but I don't play £5pp. For all others that have viewed this trading diary over the (almost) 10 years I’ve been posting, know I use higher values and can be seen from the screenshots.

Let’s just say that I have had a criminal months earnings and leave it at that – but also bear in mind that you are only as good as your last trade. Lets not get above ourselves here. I got lucky.

I won’t comment any further on this month’s journal entry.

Edited picture for transparency.

PS: For the regular pros on here, it's not too difficult to work out some of the trades but I would kindly ask that you don't post and reveal. Thanks.

PPS: You'll see from the 2 screenshots that the ongoing P/L is showing from +£60 something to minus £500 odd. The swings are obviously quite heavy and not for the faint hearted.

I will be building more positions over the next month and expect some write downs either next month or December. The journal will run up to Christmas but I hope to display some fantastic losses for all to chew over before I go.

All the best for next month.

Lee Shepherd

February must have been a stress test to the system?

hope you did ok (y)

Hi all,

I trust all is well and everyone is banging in them bucks.

I'll be back for a few months posting screenshots and write ups starting from next month.

I'll also do a thread (although I will count my blessings now) regarding simple technical analysis (TA), trend lines, and what to look out for, this will aim to help some of the new guys and girls. As this is open to all scrutiny, usually always from the older ones who have not found their way yet, I will post these on a different thread.

For the new comers, it will give a little insight in to how I trade using TA, although a lot of my work comes from Fundamentals, TA is a crucial part of entry and exit points.

This new thread will be for the go getters and positive people only, neg heads will stay away.

PS: I'll post a link in due course.

All the best,

Lee