Lee Shepherd's Trading Diary

Welcome back Lee.

I didn't follow your journal last time round but looking forward to the benefit of your trading experience.

Will you be running trades using the same basic strategy? Surely, you might have modified it over the years?

All one has to do is restrict access to the journal. No need for mods to act as gatekeepers at all.
I think thats an option you have to check at starting the thread, anyone on ignore / not on contacts etc cant post, could be wrong. Am sure the management could make it happen if needs be. Might be best if theres no room foroom :D

Edit:- Thread looks good at a glance, will have a proper read up when I get a mo. All the best with it Lee an dont let them clart noggins get you down (y)

Last edited:
Welcome back Lee.

I didn't follow your journal last time round but looking forward to the benefit of your trading experience.

Will you be running trades using the same basic strategy? Surely, you might have modified it over the years?

Hey bud,

Hope things are going well. With regards to the strategy, nope. Exactly the same. Why change something that works? With decades and thousands of trades under my belt, its not just luck.

I'll have a little flutter around some of the threads that are going. See if I can get involved somewhere.

Welcome Back Lee

Hey bud,

Hope things are going well. With regards to the strategy, nope. Exactly the same. Why change something that works? With decades and thousands of trades under my belt, its not just luck.

I'll have a little flutter around some of the threads that are going. See if I can get involved somewhere.

Hi mate , welcome back , I haven't posted or been on T2W for ages , just got an email notification that you had posted to a this thread that I subscribed to .Happy days.
Lee please forgive me it's been a while, can you point me to the start so i can catch up again on your methods please.
Cheers Gary

Hey Tom

Welcome back Lee.

I remember being excited by Lee's stuff a while back can you point me to his 'stratergy' methods please

cheers

Hi Lee , could you also give your current view on the FTSE for the short and medium term.
Cheers
Gary

Hi Lee , could you also give your current view on the FTSE for the short and medium term.
Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary,

Not sure what your true meaning of short and medium term is as most seem to trade by the minute or day and prefer not to hold positions, more so on Trade2win.com. When I speak of short term i'm thinking more of a few days with medium term being a few weeks or months. Something like that anyway. In most cases i'll just throw in my 5 cents but of course is pure speculation and only of my opinion.

Also on the subject of 'my opinion', people will love my opinion when it fits their module or their way of thinking and challenge/hate me when it goes against them or their biased interests.

What i'm getting at here is as per my opening post - I cannot give directions as I simply do not know.

Sorry that's of very little use but the only person who can really help you is yourself. Build a belief and stick by it and don't let anyone sway you from it (do or die). That's whats the markets job is to do. Make you puke your contracts.

Have a great weekend.
Lee

Platform

Here's a picture of my platform for today - taken moments ago.

Some parts have been removed for obvious security reasons.

Attachments

• 7-7-17 - T2W.jpg
    7-7-17 - T2W.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 245
Hi Lee.Do you trade for a living or do you supplement your job?

Right now I'm supplementing my liver.

On a serious note. I have many other business interests. However, don't doubt what the markets can give you.

Have fun and a good sleep.
Lee

Jesus was that really 4 years ago?!

Look forward to hearing how you've been doing

Hello mate,

Long time no hear. Yep, 4 years ago. Almost 10 since joining this great forum. There's still a few of us actively trading, a couple dropped out and 1 retired from the game due to health reasons. We're still going strong though. How's you doing?
Lee

Morning all,

Hope everyone is trading well and most of all enjoying it and making money.
As an update on my trading diary, I have attached a screenshot taken moments ago. As always though, some elements have been removed for obvious security reasons but also because some trades and levels are still in play.

For the doubters, I am here to show my hand, as I have always done over the 10 years I have been on this site (and many others) including but not limited to skype live calls. However, I am not here to show my trades in there entirety or for someone to attempt to piggy back off them. I work hard for my set ups and only those that know me personally know of my trades, levels, entries and exits.

What I have shown here today is a sample of my history and to show that making money is possible. It also allows others to know that when I am giving advice, I am doing so directly from experience and knowledge and because I know so, not because I simply heard someone else say it or I saw it posted somewhere on the net and I liked the sound of it.

For the sake of this trading diary, I would ask that any requests for help and advice (if you want it of course) are placed in the following thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/224676-anyone-need-any-help-3.html#post2931930

Enjoy and have a great day.

Regards,
Lee Shepherd

Attachments

• 11-7-17 T2W.jpg
    11-7-17 T2W.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 307
Hello mate,

Long time no hear. Yep, 4 years ago. Almost 10 since joining this great forum. There's still a few of us actively trading, a couple dropped out and 1 retired from the game due to health reasons. We're still going strong though. How's you doing?
Lee

Time flies mate! Good to see you're still going strong, I seem to have lost most of my trading capital on the baby we had a couple years ago! No stop loss :LOL:

Congrats mate,

Lets win it all back then spend spend spend. :)

Thanks mate,

I'm currently giving it a good go, deposited £200 a couple weeks ago and managed to more than double my account!

Then I've used that money to abuse leverage and accumulate £25 a point long on gbp/usd average buy in 1.2906 which is working out well for me so far £2830 profit (y)

Can't seem to upload a screenshot from my phone though?

Thanks mate,

I'm currently giving it a good go, deposited £200 a couple weeks ago and managed to more than double my account!

Then I've used that money to abuse leverage and accumulate £25 a point long on gbp/usd average buy in 1.2906 which is working out well for me so far £2830 profit (y)

Can't seem to upload a screenshot from my phone though?

Lol, go on mate. Smash it. :)

Don't forget to bank some.

I've hit a few more trades out so on about £5.5k for the month. Lower than expected as currently tracking £10-11k for the month. I've pulled out £621 today :mad: and am shutting down soon for the pub. A little pissed off but have half the month to pull it around.

I'll upload a screenshot at some point just to update the Trading diary.

Anyway, beers and boobs tonight.

Lee

Good afternoon all,

Just fancied writing a little something today regarding my start to the week:

So let’s get started with My start to the week: (New traders only)

I made £150.00 this morning on Oil. Great start to the week, yeah right. It’s not. In most circumstances for which applies mainly to people starting out, this seems good money. If you take £150 on the day, multiply by 5 days = £750 per week multiply by 52 weeks divide by 12 months gives a monthly ‘income’ of £3,249. Good money many would agree I’m sure. But how much is it really. Let’s break it down.

The £150 won today does not allow for drawdowns/losses, nor does it account for account protection or off-set cash in a segregated account. It does not account for holidays, sick days, a pension or allowing the account to grow (compounding). So, how much do I leave on account to compound so I make a greater return tomorrow/next week/next month etc. How much do I take out to put aside for a rainy day or worst case scenario – an account blow out (aka Black swan event)? How much do I put aside in to a segregated account for a pension plan/retirement? These are difficult questions as they will differ from one to another. Some will take out all and spend it all, some will leave it all in and blow the account throwing it all back. Either way, a plan has to be devised in order to survive. This goes beyond ‘setting up shop and making money’.

Anyway, below is a screenshot of my platform and history for this month. Some trades have been heavily altered/removed as are new positions and I do not wish to disclose any levels in play at this stage.

Attachments

• T2W 17-7-17.jpg
    T2W 17-7-17.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 269