Lee Shepherd's Trading Diary

Lee i cant believe you photoshopped your profit on the Dax to a £5.2k loss :LOL:

Dont worry about the haters mate they are only jealous !

Come back to the scalping the FTSE thread, great banter on here !

Speak soon !

Talbs !

Dear Journal,

I have decided against writing any more posts here and on this forum in particular.

The recent events of being accused as a charlatan, a photo shopper of statements and collecting emails in a way to ‘help’ others for cash has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I’ve constantly said it but the fact remains that I am one of the most transparent people on here, I am the guy in the picture, I have even had people over at my house and given my personal number to many. I give my time when I do on Skype and on this board to help others for FREE and have never charged for my service, the thank you's were good enough.

I will keep everything written on here so the statements including broker statements and even bank statements will remain. The posts will remain unaltered. However, I will not be adding to them.

It brings great disappointment that I feel I can no longer participate in a safe and open environment whereby I can get accused from a ‘no-one knows who they are’ poster and worse still a multi nic who is spamming the board unnoticed. I felt as a long term trusted member here that I would have been given more protection, if the spammer did not identify themselves when they did it would have been at least another 24 hours of pure harassment and heartache for me.

I ask people to understand that as I am transparent and do not hide my identity, I get recognised at expo meet ups and a lot of other places that involve trading seminars etc, to have my name blatantly tainted in a libellous way and with no protection questions why I continue to come here.

Trade2Win has been a great place for me to speak and meet up with like minded people over the 6 years I have been here and I have met many good friends to which I still keep in contact with now. Many of my friends from old no longer frequent this board for similar reasons of content and content management and for that reason T2W has lost a lot of good members throughout the years.

My thanks goes out to the mods of this forum for doing such a difficult job in difficult circumstances, after all they can only work with the tools they have at their disposal.

I have too many good people on here to thank for the reps and comments and even great banter to name but they all know who they are.

Anyway, it brings great shame for me to say this but,

Good trading all and good luck.

It’s good night from me.

Lee Shepherd – Over and out

99% (me included) didnt see the spam.
Come on. Dont cry over spilt milk.

Your contribution will be missed. I dont understand why the guy wasnt booted within the hour.

Not enough mods but, in any case, the other members should have drawn the mods attention to the problem. I've seen this several times without having to read anything. When one returns, after an hour, or so, several pages have been written and that only happens when threadbashing is taking place.

A thread that gets, suddenly, hot like that should have drawn someone's attention, without doubt.

ISo I think I am entitled to say that reasonable course would be to stay on and ignore things you don't like.

Just think! We would not have any politicians if they did not have thick skins. Then where would we be? :D

Certainly a shame if you don't post anymore mate. Maybe forget helping people or posting your results and just stay for the lulz.

Dear Journal,

I have decided against writing any more posts here and on this forum in particular.

The recent events of being accused as a charlatan, a photo shopper of statements and collecting emails in a way to ‘help’ others for cash has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I’ve constantly said it but the fact remains that I am one of the most transparent people on here, I am the guy in the picture, I have even had people over at my house and given my personal number to many. I give my time when I do on Skype and on this board to help others for FREE and have never charged for my service, the thank you's were good enough.

I will keep everything written on here so the statements including broker statements and even bank statements will remain. The posts will remain unaltered. However, I will not be adding to them.

It brings great disappointment that I feel I can no longer participate in a safe and open environment whereby I can get accused from a ‘no-one knows who they are’ poster and worse still a multi nic who is spamming the board unnoticed. I felt as a long term trusted member here that I would have been given more protection, if the spammer did not identify themselves when they did it would have been at least another 24 hours of pure harassment and heartache for me.

I ask people to understand that as I am transparent and do not hide my identity, I get recognised at expo meet ups and a lot of other places that involve trading seminars etc, to have my name blatantly tainted in a libellous way and with no protection questions why I continue to come here.

Trade2Win has been a great place for me to speak and meet up with like minded people over the 6 years I have been here and I have met many good friends to which I still keep in contact with now. Many of my friends from old no longer frequent this board for similar reasons of content and content management and for that reason T2W has lost a lot of good members throughout the years.

My thanks goes out to the mods of this forum for doing such a difficult job in difficult circumstances, after all they can only work with the tools they have at their disposal.

I have too many good people on here to thank for the reps and comments and even great banter to name but they all know who they are.

Anyway, it brings great shame for me to say this but,

Good trading all and good luck.

It’s good night from me.

Lee Shepherd – Over and out

Oh for fkcus sake - harden the fnck up Lee.

It's the internet - you gonna cry off just because some loser had a pop at you?

Loser 1, Lee 0.

Congrats Lee - you just gave him exactly what he wanted.

Oh for fkcus sake - harden the fnck up Lee.

It's the internet - you gonna cry off just because some loser had a pop at you?

Loser 1, Lee 0.

Congrats Lee - you just gave him exactly what he wanted.

I'm afraid that I see it that way, too. I'm disappointed that Lee has gone so easily.

I'm afraid that I see it that way, too. I'm disappointed that Lee has gone so easily.

Lee mon ami - please comeback asap... ;)

Loser 1 - Lee 3 (Splitlink, DT & At)

I agree with DT & Split. Don't let us down.

As in the movie Bad Boys II (great film) - put the past in an old jam jar and throw it away into the bin. (y)

Yours truly,

(y)

Have to agree with the above Lee, I think your reading far to much into this, just some keyboard warrior having a pop, nobody believed it anyhow. Don't let them sit back and laugh at this thinking they made you quit, you gave me some great advice and I believe there is more to come yet, have a rest over the weekend and look forward to your return Monday eh ?

Have to agree with the above Lee, I think your reading far to much into this, just some keyboard warrior having a pop, nobody believed it anyhow. Don't let them sit back and laugh at this thinking they made you quit, you gave me some great advice and I believe there is more to come yet, have a rest over the weekend and look forward to your return Monday eh ?
Lee,
I understand how you feel but, as Mike says, you'll be playing straight into the hands of your attacker. It's the equivalent of people not going about their normal lives after a terrorist attack. That's exactly what the terrorists want to achieve - to disrupt ordinary peoples lives. So, as Mike says, do please reconsider your position on this issue. Take a week or two out and then come back and hit us with your usual wisdom and insightful posts!
(y)
Tim.

Lee,
I understand how you feel but, as Mike says, you'll be playing straight into the hands of your attacker. It's the equivalent of people not going about their normal lives after a terrorist attack. That's exactly what the terrorists want to achieve - to disrupt ordinary peoples lives. So, as Mike says, do please reconsider your position on this issue. Take a week or two out and then come back and hit us with your usual wisdom and insightful posts!
(y)
Tim.

I agree. It's like giving in to bullies. Don't let them get away with it.

Assuming you're not new to trading, most come to Trade2Win for a bit of lulz and banter, maybe a few decent insights and debates every now and again. If it ever becomes stressful to be here, then I think most of us would leave. If you think you wouldn't care and shrug it off, it's perhaps because you're anonymous here, like I am. I'd also choose to always remain as anonymous as possible, because I know there are far too many nutjobs out there. Lee is not.

The situation was handled badly. A vendor came on with malicious claims, and was challenged by the members, who to a man, defended Lee and pointed out that the claims didn't have any basis. The mods deleted most of these members posts criticising the vendor and yet allowed this vendor to continue to post. Obviously the vendor had lied to the mods, but still, it should have been handled in a better way.

Had the mods weighed up the situation, that an old member, was being attacked by a member with no real track record of posts or behaviour, and that the consensus from other members was that the vendor was a fraud, then it is obvious what should have been done.

So what is there to stop this or something like it, happening to any other member?

I disagree with Shakone , i think the situation was handled pretty good , he was banned within a couple of hours , how much you want 5 minutes ?! This is a discussion board and everyone is entitled to his opinion within the guidelines , he claimed something then posted his proof which was way off , members challenged him , then mods deleted the stuff - instantly - then after few posts and arguments they banned him , what you want they ban him after 5 min because he attacked a member ? Doesn't sound reasonable , remember he claimed that he's working for IG and everything was quick , IMHO :) .

Last edited:
I disagree with Shakone , i think the situation was handled pretty good , he was banned within a couple of hours , how much you want 5 minutes ?! This is a discussion board and everyone is entitled to his opinion within the guidelines , he claimed something then posted his proof which was way off , members challenged him , then mods deleted the stuff - instantly - then after few posts and arguments they banned him , what you want they ban him after 5 min because he attacked a member ? Doesn't sound reasonable , remember he claimed that he's working for IG and everything was quick , IMHO :) .

I agree - the Mods do their thing voluntarily.

I see T2W as a small corner shop business. It's not going to be manned 24x7 and occasionally some d!ckhead is bound to get in and steal a box of Snickers from under the counter which won't be missed until Mrs Smith comes in the morning to open up.

When she gets in, she sees the broken door window, the Snickers wrappers on the floor and she gets a whiff of the unmistakable scent of poo smeared on Mr Smiths newly painted wall.

With a sigh, she goes to the back of the shop to her Marigolds, mop and bucket, understanding that people will occasionally steal a few chocolate bars but completely mystified as to why people would want to cover the place with total cr@p.

And so the world turns. Some people spreading their sh!te and others cleaning it up. Of course, when the corner shop opens for business again, we shouldn't get all squeamish and say "I'm not going in there again, people put poo on the walls". On the contrary, we should thank Mrs Smith for making the place all spick and span for us again.

And for any shopkeepers in Great Wyrley in the mid 80's. I do truly apologise for my behaviour.

It's the equivalent of people not going about their normal lives after a terrorist attack.

I agree....

It's like people not wearing fluorescent light suits & dancing in the streets during an air raid.
It's like people not bloodletting because vampires are about.
It's like people not converting to Judaism just because they live in Nazi German in the late 30's.
It's like black people not going to a KKK meeting and shouting "CRACKERS" at the top of their voices once all attendees are there.
It's like people not dressing up in a giant pen!s outfit at a lesbian convention.
It's like not rubbing Bovril on your testicles and streaking at Crufts.

I agree - the Mods do their thing voluntarily.

I see T2W as a small corner shop business. It's not going to be manned 24x7 and occasionally some d!ckhead is bound to get in and steal a box of Snickers from under the counter which won't be missed until Mrs Smith comes in the morning to open up.

When she gets in, she sees the broken door window, the Snickers wrappers on the floor and she gets a whiff of the unmistakable scent of poo smeared on Mr Smiths newly painted wall.

With a sigh, she goes to the back of the shop to her Marigolds, mop and bucket, understanding that people will occasionally steal a few chocolate bars but completely mystified as to why people would want to cover the place with total cr@p.

And so the world turns. Some people spreading their sh!te and others cleaning it up. Of course, when the corner shop opens for business again, we shouldn't get all squeamish and say "I'm not going in there again, people put poo on the walls". On the contrary, we should thank Mrs Smith for making the place all spick and span for us again.

And for any shopkeepers in Great Wyrley in the mid 80's. I do truly apologise for my behaviour.

You have posted a good example of how things, probably, are. I had not thought of it in that way and thanks for pointing it out to us. The mods do us a great voluntary service and we should be more grateful.

I was asked if I wanted to be one. many years ago, and I turned it down. I realised, then. what a thankless task it was likely to be and I apologise for any time when I have taken the mods for granted.

Two hours you say...

There's a reason he was banned. It was because he admitted he was Mr Spreadbetting, and posted that he was doing one last attack on T2Win. He was not banned because the mods thought what he said about Lee was a bannable offence. Had he not revealed who he was, it would have continued into the next day - while we apparently wait for evidence from IGIndex (lol). This was due to the mods believing this person over an established member with no real evidence to believe him or any evidence he worked for IG. Even common sense would dictate that it was nonsense, both because the claimed photoshopping was showing a 5k loss rather than a win, and because if IG came onto trading forums revealing people's real account details, it would be quite bad for their business

Thread could have been locked and the member - temporarily at least - prevented from posting. Instead regular members defending Lee had their posts binned and were told not to even post.

Oh and lets not forget he was on the site with other accounts for days perhaps weeks before the incident, which was pointed out by members as being suspicious.

Yes mods generally do a good job, and they do it for free. But that doesn't mean they didn't get this wrong, and it doesn't mean things shouldn't be learned from this episode.

Two hours you say...

There's a reason he was banned. It was because he admitted he was Mr Spreadbetting, and posted that he was doing one last attack on T2Win. He was not banned because the mods thought what he said about Lee was a bannable offence. Had he not revealed who he was, it would have continued into the next day - while we apparently wait for evidence from IGIndex (lol). This was due to the mods believing this person over an established member with no real evidence to believe him or any evidence he worked for IG. Even common sense would dictate that it was nonsense, both because the claimed photoshopping was showing a 5k loss rather than a win, and because if IG came onto trading forums revealing people's real account details, it would be quite bad for their business

Thread could have been locked and the member - temporarily at least - prevented from posting. Instead regular members defending Lee had their posts binned and were told not to even post.

Oh and lets not forget he was on the site with other accounts for days perhaps weeks before the incident, which was pointed out by members as being suspicious.

Yes mods generally do a good job, and they do it for free. But that doesn't mean they didn't get this wrong, and it doesn't mean things shouldn't be learned from this episode.

Are you suggesting that T2W is moderated by fallible human beings whom, in hindsight, and with many days consideration could have actually made better decisions at the time?

If so, I shall cancel my subscription at once.

Thx, tar - but there was one bad mistake on my part that would have killed the thing much sooner.

Firstly, I was amazed that no-one reported the post attacking Lee and purporting to give details of his account As soon as I became aware of it I deleted it and asked members not to post again until Lee had the chance to see what was going on and respond. However, members continued to post and I just deleted them without really looking.This was a mistake because in the midst of those posts there was one (maybe two) from PB which made it pretty clear who the guy was and enough to have cleared him off and deleted the whole episode at that stage - as happened when he repeated the post later. Lee would have returned and would have been none the wiser so far as looking at his thread was concerned.

As it was Lee suffered a lot of worry and angst - same as any of us if our good name is dragged through the mud without any foundation whatsoever. I can understand why he feels as he does.

I am sorry to see him go and even sorrier for my part in it - I have told him so.