Learning to trade from youtube

Why not let us know when you have worked your way through another ? videos what you whizzo results or conclusions are ?

Some guy keeps bombarding me with his video wisdom. I will try and post one next time.

Yes, you are welcome to post them up. I don't see myself as owning this thread even though I started it.

As for my conclusions, I am very positive that I have most of the things I needed to make a trader. Now, I just practice and aim to get a 100% win. I am someone who needs a high win rate.

Hi Joe

Have you tried the free vids from Barry Burns ?
He has an introductory on youTube too.
5 principles of taking an intraday trade - seems sensible to me.

TopDogTrading - YouTube

Hi Joe

Have you tried the free vids from Barry Burns ?
He has an introductory on youTube too.
5 principles of taking an intraday trade - seems sensible to me.

TopDogTrading - YouTube

Thanks, looks reasonable. I haven't been looking for videos for a while. I think I have everything I need and just practising with penny trades for now. But feel free to add any other videos you find useful.

I am toying with fib levels a bit and it's curiously interesting.

No words from Joe recently ?

Probably lost his wedge already ? but if you haven't then have a look at larry Williams, he has a good rep, plenty of cred

Attachments

• Larry Williams.PNG
    Larry Williams.PNG
    202.8 KB · Views: 239
i find the premise of the thread rather interesting. youtube is a valuable resource for nearly everything.

i just this weekend fixed the kids dead xbox though youtube vids, try taking one of those apart without a video run through :eek:

i have improved my cars mpg from 12-14 mpg when i first got it, to over 18 mpg after following youtube mech diagnostic and how to vids.

so why not trading then? reservations, well main reason i can think of is youtube vids on trading are primarily plagued by vendors, and by their nature are hooks more than useful info. but that's not to say it can't be done.

so how's it going joe?

IMO, trading is a cognitive skill and cognitive skills are learnt by practice and not knowledge assimilation.

Hence learning to trade from youtube is facile regardless of the provenance of the material.

so i take it you are not a believer in mechanical methods? and by that reckoning
algorithmic trading and the like are not successful methods? and mechanical methods and structure cannot be conveyed/instructed by a video medium?

so i take it you are not a believer in mechanical methods? and by that reckoning
algorithmic trading and the like are not successful methods? and mechanical methods and structure cannot be conveyed/instructed by a video medium?

So I do believe you can trade systemically and profitably. However this is a different series of skills that are not cognitive, relying more on empirical analysis.

I don't think there are videos on youtube that either define:

a) structurally, a process to follow to create a systemic and profitable trading mechanism.

b) the exploitation of a specific scenario (aka an edge) that leads to profits through systemic trading.

I'm not sure what your point was LM - if it was a reductio ad absurdum argument you don't really think I would have fallen for that eh ;):innocent:

Last edited:
Youtube is a great source for learning almost anything, but it shouldn’t be the only source. I use multiple sources of learning, including the good old fashioned way of reading books.

you've just responded to a thread that was last posted in 2012..perhaps your reading might be put to better use

I think U tube has a place here especially the better ones.

BTW how do you put a copy of a video into T2W threads ?

No sign of Joe for weeks now. Has he gone bust or what ?

Last edited:
I think U tube has a place here especially the better ones.

BTW how do you put a copy of a video into T2W threads ?

No sign of Joe for weeks now. Has he gone bust or what ?

haven't done it for a while, try just copying the vid address from your browser address bar and paste it in to your post, see if that still works these days?.

haven't done it for a while, try just copying the vid address from your browser address bar and paste it in to your post, see if that still works these days?.

It does for some - thanks.
The Linda Rashke first one above doesn't and has a discontinued notice on it. It's the better one I guess.

In answer to a previous complaint that there were no full strategies being shown in the videos, here's one. But it would still take effort and experience to use. So, no spoon feeding for any mommy's boys.

Last edited:
A real institutional trader explaining, amongst other things, who causes the market to move to your stops. The answer is, in fact, you.