Useful Youtube channels

That Trader Tom bloke is a classic example of someone I don't think is a trader. He's a very slick marketing man who talks inspiration and generalities , does seminars and is very 'motivational.'
If you can ascertain an actual intraday strategy from watching his videos then let me know:)

That Trader Tom bloke is a classic example of someone I don't think is a trader. He's a very slick marketing man who talks inspiration and generalities , does seminars and is very 'motivational.'
If you can ascertain an actual intraday strategy from watching his videos then let me know:)
I don't know if Trader Tom is a real trader or not, but he recommends fixed-spread brokers which are all market makers (bucket shops) who have conflicts of interests with their customers.

Thanks for the extra info. One more reason to think he's a total shyster
I'm fairly certain that he does indeed trade but his "strategy" involves some quite hefty draw downs. It's a few years since I looked at his trading but as far as I remember he's simply catching trends and pyramidding in on the basis that when he does catch a good un' his gains far outweigh his losses. I had a chat to him during a period where he candidly admitted that he'd lost a bundle and that lean spells still stressed him considerably. The promotion of somewhat questionable brokers ("Something-or-other 212" out of Oz?) together with coaching and speaking engagements would be his way of smoothing out the wilder swings of his chosen schtick.

BTW, you were good enough to post yr own rational approach to trading Peanuts (last year?) and I'd recommend that any beginners reading this thread take a a very good look.

Last edited:
That's very interesting indeed. Years ago I bought a course from a trader who basically did the same thing, albeit with a lot more pictures of boats and holidays so it's safe to say I'm still sceptical!

Trending markets are quite rare as they need new and unexpected info/events to hit the market which doesn't happen every day. I'd be amazed if a system like this works longterm simply because your drawdowns or losses would surely outweigh your trading profits.

Also , if he's doing so much general speaking then how is he in place to catch the trades that will put him in profit. What if he's doing a speech and he's not available to take a trade that leads to a big positive result?

I smell poop:)

Not sure if you're talking about a post I made on here. If so I don't remember it as I'm not on here much anymore:)

That's very interesting indeed. Years ago I bought a course from a trader who basically did the same thing, albeit with a lot more pictures of boats and holidays so it's safe to say I'm still sceptical!

Trending markets are quite rare as they need new and unexpected info/events to hit the market which doesn't happen every day. I'd be amazed if a system like this works longterm simply because your drawdowns or losses would surely outweigh your trading profits.

Also , if he's doing so much general speaking then how is he in place to catch the trades that will put him in profit. What if he's doing a speech and he's not available to take a trade that leads to a big positive result?

I smell poop:)

Not sure if you're talking about a post I made on here. If so I don't remember it as I'm not on here much anymore:)
Trends: I seem to remember that he was a short-term/day trader and operating off the shorter time frames (5/15mins?) so his "trends" might have been just modest swings. As I haven't bothered following him, it might well be that his lean spell went from weeks to months to years which would confirm yr surmise and explain the redolence of shite.

Your peanuts article was here: https://www.trade2win.com/threads/w...giner-should-learn.238376/page-2#post-3163103

I'm essentially trading support and resistance and don't use indicators ... apart from a glance at ATR + HMAs , though if I'm on forex I always have NVPs strengthmeters chugging away, which latter help me make fewer bad trades and even some good ones:)

Sounds like a good idea, I like the sound of those strength meters!

Aah got it thanks for the link, the good old peanut market analogy:) It's still how I trade, have to say that sometimes I miss trend days because (using the language of the peanuts post) I don't recognise scenario 2 sometimes as sometimes it's not a big news article that explains a trend day. It's a hedging/market rebalancing day which is only apparent after the fact:)
Hope your trading is going well!

Sounds like a good idea, I like the sound of those strength meters!

Aah got it thanks for the link, the good old peanut market analogy:) It's still how I trade, have to say that sometimes I miss trend days because (using the language of the peanuts post) I don't recognise scenario 2 sometimes as sometimes it's not a big news article that explains a trend day. It's a hedging/market rebalancing day which is only apparent after the fact:)
Hope your trading is going well!
NVPs strengthmeters come in various flavours but the basic one has the advantage of being able to get an overview with the main currencies in one hit and also extract the pair components to attach to the pair chart itself. The MA can be adjusted to suit yr own taste and is merely a presentation of the the data, which, unfortunately, some people don't get and think that it's somehow a strategic element in itself.

With regard to yr strat: I get that interpretation is the devil in the detail but I'd think that provided one uses standard trade/risk management that a satisfactory hit-rate and R/R ratio benefit greatly from the improved probability factor.

...and as for my own trading: aksherly, yesterday, and today in particular, have been pretty stellar...which no doubt I will pay for in the not too distant future:p

I honestly can't stand to watch her videos. She seems so awkward and artificial. She forces smiles at unusual moments and the whole presentation just seems so unnatural. Not sure about the quality of the content because she is just so distracting I can't bear to sit through her videos. Is it just me or does she bug anyone else out too?
Nah her videos are pretty good , straight to the point but mostly for beginners