Larry Levin Secrets of Traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

needabuck

Wanted to see if anyone was using or has used Larry Levin (former floor trader at the CME). I bought his book How I made $1,900,386.82 a while back and it is decent. Prolly need to reread it to get a better feel for it all. I ignore most of the email solicitations I get from his site as there is just to much to read and everything can't be "that" important.

So yesterday I get a call which I happened to be home so I answered, and it was someone from his sales crew selling mentorships. It's 4 weeks 1 hour daily web cast, archived if you miss it (M-Th) and Friday you are in the trading room where they feed you trades. $1500 for a stack of reading material and the web stuff.

1) I don't like the idea of being fed trades as I want to be able to see them for myself and act upon it.

2) I really don't want another thing to read that will teach me to be a great trader.

3) Has anyone else done this course? I don't mind paying for services but I prefer ones with warranty's or $$ back if... and I'd prefer not to get a refresher education for $1500 when I could drop that $1500 on a cruise instead...

thoughts?

I'm still looking for the skin color thread to reattach my balls. :)
Married too eh?

I get Larry's daily (ish) e-letter and I'm pleased with that as it gives another pro's angle, but it's pretty hard sell for his mentoring and stuff, and I figure, why....?

Married too eh?

I get Larry's daily (ish) e-letter and I'm pleased with that as it gives another pro's angle, but it's pretty hard sell for his mentoring and stuff, and I figure, why....?

LOL, yes. I get his daily emails, and actually enjoyed talking with the sales guy. But I've been seeling since I was 5 so I know you want to make the target I mean customer a friend... and it becomes a lot easier to sell your service to someone you like. The thing that bugs me the most when being sold, "it's only $1500.." If it's only $1500 and that isn't much $$ to you, then give me the damn thing for free. Of course I don't expect it free, but I never stop looking for discounts. ;)

And I agree, why the hard sale. Going back to my previous point, if it isn't that much $$ and you are now my friend, wouldn't you just want to hook me up with that super terrific info that is going to make us all filthy rich? I'm wondering if there wasn't a quota to be met, or some other goal. After I was promised a call back next week, 2 hrs later I got a return call to pitch me. ??

Thank you so much. I've been too busy to even trade with a clear head as of late. Glad didn't plunk down $1500 much less the $6500 this guy did. Just got an offer for his DVD course for $199 "reg $1295". Needless to say I'm not buying (nor would I ever).

Appreciate you looking out for me, and I found yet another cool board.

Thought you might want to read this thread:

Traders Laboratory

Well, I just went thru the same experience and that is how I ended up finding this site. My experience was a "pressure sale" in that it feel worst than a car salesperson selling his last car to meet the quota. I have been in sales for many years, and for me the worst sell is the pressure one. The guy, who at one point was nice, then started calling me "quitter, not a decision maker, not fit to take this training" since he wanted me to make a $2,495 USD expense decision in 10 minutes. The guy then asked me to sell him on my reason of why not now, I did, then he really got pushy and started calling me names...to prove him wrong, he was not believing any of my reasons, to which I send him all the websites of my businesses....after they realized money was not a problem for me, they have been calling me everyday!!! The point is, if they are so good, why do you sell your product like an MLM selling strategy or infomercial!!! For me, this was the end of the story.

Well, I just went thru the same experience and that is how I ended up finding this site. My experience was a "pressure sale" in that it feel worst than a car salesperson selling his last car to meet the quota. I have been in sales for many years, and for me the worst sell is the pressure one. The guy, who at one point was nice, then started calling me "quitter, not a decision maker, not fit to take this training" since he wanted me to make a $2,495 USD expense decision in 10 minutes. The guy then asked me to sell him on my reason of why not now, I did, then he really got pushy and started calling me names...to prove him wrong, he was not believing any of my reasons, to which I send him all the websites of my businesses....after they realized money was not a problem for me, they have been calling me everyday!!! The point is, if they are so good, why do you sell your product like an MLM selling strategy or infomercial!!! For me, this was the end of the story.

If I got a call like that, I would have hung up within 6 seconds.
Anyone calling you with a way to make money, and wants to charge you for that is completely full of ****.
The high pressure pitch means he is a complete fraud.

It's almost a sign that this post gets attention. Last night I watched a movie called "The Prime Gig" with Vince Vaughn. It's an older flick but a friend had it and loaned it to me as we are both VV junkies. It's Boiler Room(ish) with the sale of a different product, but a great story nonetheless. I kept picturing the salesman I was talking to at Larry's place to be like one of the cats in this movie. I highly recommend picking it up if nothing else to be amused by sales weasels everywhere trying to make more money in a week than most in a year. The comebacks they have to rejections are always my favorite. Good Luck.

It's almost a sign that this post gets attention. Last night I watched a movie called "The Prime Gig" with Vince Vaughn. It's an older flick but a friend had it and loaned it to me as we are both VV junkies. It's Boiler Room(ish) with the sale of a different product, but a great story nonetheless. I kept picturing the salesman I was talking to at Larry's place to be like one of the cats in this movie. I highly recommend picking it up if nothing else to be amused by sales weasels everywhere trying to make more money in a week than most in a year. The comebacks they have to rejections are always my favorite. Good Luck.

Sounds great. I always like a boiler room scam movie.
My favorite was: Glen Gary Glen Ross with Al Pacino, Ed Harris, and Alec Baldwin- a classic! I highly reccomend it.
Another one that was supposed to be very good was: Boiler Room- a stockbroker scam story.

I wouldnt spend a penny on any trading course unless I could watch them live for a couple of days.What all traders have to learn is that there is no F****** holy grail so dont expect to buy one? Sadly its a lesson that most go through. During my trading history Ive spent about £2000 on training and add on software and I think Ive done well not to spend more,I know many who have spent in excess of £10,000,for stuff that is easily learnt and available on this site.. It seems the bigger the price tag the more believable it is.

Has anyone traded live in Larry's chat room and care to tell their story?

No. I love the guy, but so much hard sell.

You have to ask yourself, if it's that good a deal, why chase, why push?

Most of the stuff I've really wanted in life, not just trading, I have had to chase after.

The stuff that comes looking for me is rarely where it's at.

Sorry Larry, you're fun and interesting, but I'm not going to sign up even for 1000% guaranteed profits...LOL

In response to everyone's thoughts

Hi everyone,
I actually made this user acct because I did read these forums and your opinions before I went with Larry. I noticed a few asked if anyone has gone through it and since I have I'm responding :)
I have been in his mentorship program for almost 2 months, including the first month of my classes i went through, and I have had a great experience so far. I didn't even know what the "es" was when i first got the call, and now I am a decent student of his. my goal is only 3 points a day (one contract), but i have hit that goal more often than not. I was using a simulated trading platform when i started (trademaven) and i practiced for 1 month, just started trading my $7,000 i had my 2nd month (which Larry actually didn't like he wanted me to use the simulated platform for 6 weeks so i got it down pat) ago and I am VERY pleased with the returns so far... I am defiantly improving and am very satisfied with everything Larry sent to me in the mail and taught me. The only fault that i see in the program is that in the general chat everyone can talk about anything and sometimes it gets a little distracting, especially when im trying to see what the trader is telling me to do. I guess anyone should expect that in any trading room though... but besides that i love it. if i have a question i can ask in general chat which is typically followed by a flurry of responses from older students or Larry's partner Dan. My other trading (stock options) is actually improving as well since I have learned how to make a correct trading plan and with proper discipline/emotion control. i am very happy and even gave him a testimonial to use on his website.

to respond to the sale- IT WAS a hard sale, however I can understand why they need to be a little "pushy" and not let you hang up, think about it guys - There are TONS of options out there for people to chose from to trade, so if you worked for Larry wouldn't YOU fight for that sale just the same way? enough about that. WHO CARES if the guy has people put some HIGH pressure on prospects, just because it's high pressure or seems like a "used car lot" DOESN'T mean Larry's mentorship is bull**** or doesn't work. The person that helped me showed me his personal trading statements (recent) and Larry still is an active trader/educator and as we all know that is hard to find. Most people that teach trading, teach because they cant trade now so all they have left is to teach.... If you get your panties in a bunch because some sales guy on the other end of the line is "pressuring" you to pick Larry's mentorship, you shouldn't be trading in my opinion. There nice people and if i was in their shoes i would pressure you the SAME way, especially now that I see some returns.
Thanks and I hope this gives you some kind of insight on Larry's program.
-Henry

also..

don't you people account for HUNDREDS of testimonials? Don't you see the students in the chat room talk about making $$ and actually enjoying themselves? oh wait, those MUST be robots! Larry has an ARMY of robots in his chat room saying positive things automatically! MY GOD!

The people who say negative things don't stay in the chat room for long. Why would a person be there if they find it a waste of time and money? And why would the chat room moderators allow a critic to stay there for very long? The sales tactics do tell a lot about the proprietor of the firm, i.e., Larry Levin. Sad to see you approve of that kind of sales tactic. Personally, I would still like to see a proper review of Larry Levin's products, not just a testimony. Do these pit trading techniques even work any more in the electronic markets? I'm skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.