Best Thread Keynes Vs. Hayek

I did a search on Google for a pony called NT and this image came up... :cheesy:

3524046015_750af70b7f_m.jpg

Agreed. Which in my opinion is why you need to reduce taxes and stimulate when times are bad, not increase. Also since you can't always reduce taxes, or they would converge to zero, you have to have a time when you increase taxes. When is the time to do this?

In my opinion the best time to do that is when times are good, booming in fact. It will it will have far less of a negative impact at that time, and the revenues will be increased more dramatically then. Which is why I disagreed with Atilla, that you cut taxes when the yearly books are balanced and debt outstanding.

I believe that your argument is the one I find most attractive. However, cutting taxes is a political party's promise that everyone wants to hear. Capitalism and the manipulation of the economy are the main arms of democracy. That is why the democratic West is in such a financial mess. Dictatorship governments, no matter how corrupt they may be, do not have this impediment.

Frankly, this debate is going nowhere in an atmosphere where, for example, in the Eurozone, Brussels politicians are more worried about their jobs and pension plans than they are about the benefit of Europe, as a whole. That is what I believe to be the truth of the matter.

The nation says that, using common sense, you are right. The party in government, however, does not have that criteria. Their interest, except for a very small minority, is purely mercenary.

I believe that your argument is the one I find most attractive. However, cutting taxes is a political party's promise that everyone wants to hear. Capitalism and the manipulation of the economy are the main arms of democracy. That is why the democratic West is in such a financial mess. Dictatorship governments, no matter how corrupt they may be, do not have this impediment.

Frankly, this debate is going nowhere in an atmosphere where, for example, in the Eurozone, Brussels politicians are more worried about their jobs and pension plans than they are about the benefit of Europe, as a whole. That is what I believe to be the truth of the matter.

The nation says that, using common sense, you are right. The party in government, however, does not have that criteria. Their interest, except for a very small minority, is purely mercenary.

How does one reduce taxation when revenue < expenditure?

How will we balance PSBR - the budget?

That old dogma about people working and thus increase in tax revenue going up and social security going down doesn't hold water. You know why? Because people spend their money on imports as we don't produce anything.

Look at the other side of the equation;

1. Cut taxes
2. Cut spending

Is this likely to help pay off the debt any faster. No I don't think so as on the whole it will be neutral and lead to even an even bigger social crises all over the country.

The correct course is to raise taxation to pay off debt. This is common sense. The other side is political hyperbola.

Common sense is not as common as one might have imagined... :!:

How does one reduce taxation when revenue < expenditure?

How will we balance PSBR - the budget?

That old dogma about people working and thus increase in tax revenue going up and social security going down doesn't hold water. You know why? Because people spend their money on imports as we don't produce anything.

Look at the other side of the equation;

1. Cut taxes
2. Cut spending

Is this likely to help pay off the debt any faster. No I don't think so as on the whole it will be neutral and lead to even an even bigger social crises all over the country.

The correct course is to raise taxation to pay off debt. This is common sense. The other side is political hyperbola.

Common sense is not as common as one might have imagined... :!:

You are right---because the country is in crisis. As soon as the country gets out of its financial problems, though, the government will be looking to the future and its chances of winning the next election. It, or the opposition party will, then, promise tax cuts to make itself more attractive to the voters. What we should do is not cut taxes until the debt burden is under control. That will not happen because political leaders are interested in their own benefit. With the exception, as I said, of a few.

The alternative is a change in the system. I, for one, am a democrat but it must be accepted that it has a price. The value of our currency is being depleted because debt is being paid for with money that is corrupted with printed paper. This is the same as watered down medicine, whisky, anything you like as long as it is done a little at a time so that the consumer gets used to it.

This thread is debating what should be done. The reality is that those in charge already know what should be done but that will not benefit their own interests, though.

An example is Blair, who has walked away a multimillionaire. Has anyone seen a poor ex-president or prime minister? Of course not, and I doubt that we ever will, no matter what mess their party has left the country in.

Non sequitur, like the majority of sh!t you post.

This is the weirdest thing about it,he genuinely seems to have no idea about how to construct a logical argument.

It is pointless arguing with him, he is driven by his insecurity, his own interest, his ideology and his clear and burning (and fully justified) sense of intellectual inferiority.

I applaud your efforts to engage with the dimwit, but you are wasting your time.

This is the weirdest thing about it,he genuinely seems to have no idea about how to construct a logical argument.

It is pointless arguing with him, he is driven by his insecurity, his own interest, his ideology and his clear and burning (and fully justified) sense of intellectual inferiority.

I applaud your efforts to engage with the dimwit, but you are wasting your time.

The irony is that I am having to defend capitalism and free markets in a trading forum! A place where you would expect to engage with professional and aspiring traders and investors who are keen to use their talents to make as much money as they can. Instead I have thumb sucking wannabes who need to be mollycoddled by Government.

The irony is that I am having to defend capitalism and free markets in a trading forum! A place where you would expect to engage with professional and aspiring traders and investors who are keen to use their talents to make as much money as they can. Instead I have thumb sucking wannabes who need to be mollycoddled by Government.

If Capitalism rests on your defence then it is well and trully stuffed.

Here defend your self against this good move from yours trully. Obama is stepping up to responsibility.

The tax increases on the richest Americans would involve what White House officials have called the “Buffett rule” — after celebrated investor Warren Buffett -- who has criticized the tax code for requiring him to pay less in taxes than some of his employees do. Under the rule, millionaires would be compelled to pay at least as much in taxes as typical middle-class taxpayers. Read more on reported inclusion of Buffett rule.

At last some rich people have a conscience after all.

Is this really a trading forum any more?

As for Atilla and the other TSWs, I can't understand why they would be interested in a trading site in the first place.

Is this really a trading forum any more?

As for Atilla and the other TSWs, I can't understand why they would be interested in a trading site in the first place.

Of course, it's a trading forum. 95% of the threads are about trading. Find one and leave the posters, here, in peace.

Of course, it's a trading forum. 95% of the threads are about trading. Find one and leave the posters, here, in peace.

SL, you've been around since Noah started learning to tie a reef knot. What do you think of the quality of the trading posts and the quality of the members in your time here? Have they got better, or have they declined? Do more professionals use this this site now, or did more use it back then?

SL, you've been around since Noah started learning to tie a reef knot. What do you think of the quality of the trading posts and the quality of the members in your time here? Have they got better, or have they declined? Do more professionals use this this site now, or did more use it back then?

Just to let you know I have seen you--I'll answer later. Off to work. Take care and no hard feelings about what I said.

Mr 'inflation is good' doesn't subscribe to dogmas...

Hey Mr NT,

Just a bit of econ analysis for you - after Spain and Obama's tax hikes if the correct solution catches on gold prices will plummet...

As I said before matey - time to move out as 2000 will not be relinquished without a bitter fight. You still have time before we see 1650s...

Be interested in what your Capitalist free markets have to say about that.

Remember...

1. Raise taxes.