June '04 Forex

Hi folks

A very scrappy day imo. Another trade that ive had to wait most of the day for.

Short @ 1.8390 stop 1.8410
Lots of reasons which are all on the chart some of them drawn on the chart. It would be interesting to see if people would agree with my choice of entry.

Happy Trading
NB

Attachments

• 03-06-04 gbp 15 min.gif
    03-06-04 gbp 15 min.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 265
Hi NB

1.8390 looks like a good short to me for the following reasons:

1. Reversal off upper band of channel
2. Reversal off 50% fib level
3. Reversal off long-term trendline
4. Hammer
5. RSI divergence.

Good trade m8! Nice tight stop too.

Newtron Bomb said:
Hi folks

A very scrappy day imo. Another trade that ive had to wait most of the day for.

Short @ 1.8390 stop 1.8410
Lots of reasons which are all on the chart some of them drawn on the chart. It would be interesting to see if people would agree with my choice of entry.

Happy Trading
NB

Yes - but with exit at 1min PD

NB,

Yes 100% with you on the entry - but I covered pretty close to the 1 min PD. Didn't have the bottle for the long to retest 1.84.

BTW as a newbie - a very big thank you - to Chartman, you and the others for the work on the Dow Strategy. Excellent stuff that has probably saved me from SBing hell and given me a chance of spotting a few profitable 'Edges'.

Now very much in the Dow / Cable trading camp.

Thanks again

Oooops!

NB

Sorry m8 - look's like I gave your trade the kiss of death! I assume you got stopped out at 1.8410?

Goober said:
Hi NB

1.8390 looks like a good short to me for the following reasons:

1. Reversal off upper band of channel
2. Reversal off 50% fib level
3. Reversal off long-term trendline
4. Hammer
5. RSI divergence.

Good trade m8! Nice tight stop too.

Goober
Took a small profit and long now.

JE2000
using GFT forex

Tallabs
NP welcome to the BB

Regards
NB

Newtron

Thanks for that.

Had a look at there website and will try out the demo account.

Regards
JE

<You could specify the system requirements and I will give you a price to automate it...>

Your website shows an interface with IB. IB uses some IDEAL exchange that only trades from 0800-1600 EST.

Hi Baz,

IB currently provide the CME Futures and actual cash via the ideal exchange. Ideal is not a trading platform but it always you to hold cash in different currencies within an IB trading account without magin.

You can trade the EUR/USD or GBP/USD Futures with IB almost round the clock.

Very shortly IB are introducing Forex Spot as a product like Refco, Oanda etc.

At this point you could trade a lot of currency pairs almost round the clock.

HTH

JonnyT

We have a break out on Euro at 12210 long. Also have a long on cable at 18390. Key financial data from US at 1.30 today so should prove interesting. Hopefully after today we should get a stronger view on the charts as to which direction we are heading.

Welshmal said:
We have a break out on Euro at 12210 long. Also have a long on cable at 18390. Key financial data from US at 1.30 today so should prove interesting. Hopefully after today we should get a stronger view on the charts as to which direction we are heading.

Mal, are you staying in for the 13:30 news or stepping out?

Morning all

Shorted Swissy at 1.2530 with initial SL at 1.2550. SL currently at 1.2526 (second last swing high on 5 min chart).

Fall you b*****d, fall! :cheesy:

Morning all,

Been away from trading for a bit, then decided to re-enter the fray yesterday. A loss of 32 pips later and I'm wishing I hadn't! Been a bit of a tough start to the month for me on Euro, with a few consecutive losses on paper before my real loss yesterday. The market's been slow and I'm finding it hard to pick a definite direction for the next larger-scale move. Lots of job-data news today should shake things up a bit though. Anyone any thoughts for the near future on direction?

Ben

TheBramble said:
Mal, are you staying in for the 13:30 news or stepping out?

After the last few events I wil either have a very tight s/loss or out. Early indications demonstrate that trading news is harmful to the wallet.

Round number (1.2500) providing support. Interestingly, pivot is 1.2496.

Goober said:
Morning all

Shorted Swissy at 1.2530 with initial SL at 1.2550. SL currently at 1.2526 (second last swing high on 5 min chart).

Fall you b*****d, fall! :cheesy:

Now the prices are bouncing to the tune of market news. Glad to be on sidelines.