June '04 Forex

Slow and nasty day in which I managed to make a horrlicks of the one decent chance on cable of making a few shillings. Anybody know when the OPEC execs are likely to announce whether or no to hiking crude production? Seems to me that is the one news item in coming 24 hrs that could seriously jolt the dollar into life.

Actually, having looked at the 15 min and hourly charts, I would have been reluctant to short EUR today.

Goober said:
Ivor

Are you applying a volatility filter to your BO trades?

Goober said:
Ivor

Are you applying a volatility filter to your BO trades?

Hi Goobs,

Nope. I'm using the straight 7-10 BO system (JT's).

What volatility filter did you have in mind ?

Regards,

Ivor

Try something like "7-10 range must be 60 or less".

ivorm said:
Hi Goobs,

Nope. I'm using the straight 7-10 BO system (JT's).

What volatility filter did you have in mind ?

Regards,

Yes ouch ouch ouch..........s/loss placed me into further debt. Still have a long on Cable opened at 18476.
Have a s/l at 18300. Bad days!

Well guys, seems like we've all had a bad day . I've had a bloody awlful one !! Everything I've touched has gone wrong. :mad:

But tomorrow is another day ....

Regards,

<Have a look under SPOT ON system>

Thanks. Did that and see that it is much the same as what I came up with. LoL. I wonder how many other people see it.

I exit a different time and use a trailing stop based on some parameters.

My problem is, I just found out, is that Tradestation does not have automated trading for Forex. Egads. Time for some re-evaluation since this system depended on automation (I can't stay up all night here in California).

Hi baz,

You could specify the system requirements and I will give you a price to automate it...

JonnyT

Morning chaps.

This morning, I went long Swissy at 1.2488 with 20 pip SL. SL now at breakeven. Initial target 1.2539; next target 1.2558.

SAR at 1.2509 for +21 pips. Short currently +20 pips.

Goober said:
Morning chaps.

This morning, I went long Swissy at 1.2488 with 20 pip SL. SL now at breakeven. Initial target 1.2539; next target 1.2558.