Job/Visa Dilemma

ebm

Hello Folks,

I am a Dec 2012 MBA Finance graduate from a decent university in Chicago, IL. Right after completion, I got into a start up commodities (floor & click) trading firm. They offered me H-1b visa sponsorship with 45K as salary after 2 months of work. After spending 80K on education, I was not intrigued with the offer. I left them but couldn't find another employer within two months of h1b filing season which ended in two days.

I joined an Indian IT consulting firm (to maintain status in USA and learn Java), but meanwhile was able to get a interview call from a top US Investment Bank at Chicago with the help of school for a role in Counterpart Credit Risk (middle office). They liked me but didn't offer a job in Chicago, reason: my MBA degree (because it's not one of the top programs so that they can't sponsor in future). Instead, they offered me the same job in India.

I have applied for admission for MS Computer Science program at my university. However, I have no money to pay for it unless I get hefty financial scholarship. I am expecting a decision in 2 to 3 weeks.

My dilemma is: even though I get an admission with scholarship at my current university, should I give up the opportunity to work with this major bank. Giving up means, I will have to work with my consultant for another 4 months and get back to school. Perhaps my consultant will file my h-1b next year, but I will end up working in Java development. However, I can pay back my loans, remember 80K! And I will not have to worry about another f-1 visa, to come back here in future (I don't know where else I can go :cry: )

Folks, I'd appreciate your comments or advises, may be from similar experience you have had in the past.

Thank you,
ebm