Job/Visa Dilemma

ebm

1 0
Hello Folks,

I am a Dec 2012 MBA Finance graduate from a decent university in Chicago, IL. Right after completion, I got into a start up commodities (floor & click) trading firm. They offered me H-1b visa sponsorship with 45K as salary after 2 months of work. After spending 80K on education, I was not intrigued with the offer. I left them but couldn't find another employer within two months of h1b filing season which ended in two days.

I joined an Indian IT consulting firm (to maintain status in USA and learn Java), but meanwhile was able to get a interview call from a top US Investment Bank at Chicago with the help of school for a role in Counterpart Credit Risk (middle office). They liked me but didn't offer a job in Chicago, reason: my MBA degree (because it's not one of the top programs so that they can't sponsor in future). Instead, they offered me the same job in India.

I have applied for admission for MS Computer Science program at my university. However, I have no money to pay for it unless I get hefty financial scholarship. I am expecting a decision in 2 to 3 weeks.

My dilemma is: even though I get an admission with scholarship at my current university, should I give up the opportunity to work with this major bank. Giving up means, I will have to work with my consultant for another 4 months and get back to school. Perhaps my consultant will file my h-1b next year, but I will end up working in Java development. However, I can pay back my loans, remember 80K! And I will not have to worry about another f-1 visa, to come back here in future (I don't know where else I can go :cry: )

Folks, I'd appreciate your comments or advises, may be from similar experience you have had in the past.

Thank you,
ebm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock