J. Christoph Amberger

TheBramble

Legendary member
A kind soul gave me a copy of a book by J. Christoph Amberger which I found a delightful read over this weekend. Made me laugh a great deal, for all sorts of reasons. He’s only written one AFAICT and probably a good thing too. Love the guy’s style. He gives a number of trading rules in appendix. There are 55 of them, which is a Fib, as in reality; there are only 54 unique ones.

Why I’m going to post them one at a time is to (a) irritate impatient traders (b) do a bit of covert recommending for JCA because I enjoyed his book so much and (c) pass on some of the ‘usual’ advice, but in his case, perhaps stated a little differently than is normal and (d) pass on some fairly specific and downright unusual advice that struck a chord with me immediately. Hope you enjoy them too.

Reactions: BSD
Never buy a company run by a medical doctor. Doctors have a confidence that is great on the operating table but lousy in running a company. Buy companies run by salespeople.

When investing in Canadian resource companies, assume they are scams unless proven otherwise.

he really exists! just googled him, and found him on amazon.
I thought this was a wind-up, and you were going to tell us about his brother Cheese Amberger.

Never apologize for a profit.

note from TheBramble: There is a delightful subjective quality to this that if I blurt out what it means to me will spoil the realisation some of you may have in relation to what it means to you. Genuinely made me laugh out loud this one.

he really exists! just googled him, and found him on amazon.
I thought this was a wind-up, and you were going to tell us about his brother Cheese Amberger.
trendie - that was actually funny. You must have scored some pips this morning.

I'm taking the day off (to fully recover from my weekend) so have no plans to even look at a damned chart until Asian Sesison starts tonight.

"find the company that has sold off the most, and buy it."

Excellent, just the people I need when I'm shorting.

Yes, I know that is not technically strictly correct, but a little prose licence. please.

"find the company that has sold off the most, and buy it."

Excellent, just the people I need when I'm shorting.

Yes, I know that is not technically strictly correct, but a little prose licence. please.
Welcome back Richard. How was Skegness?

Don’t take sample opinions on a trade. You’ve done your research — live or die by it.

note from TheBramble: this could well kill off a lot of the traffic on this site if everyone went for it so I will be half expecting an early AM visit from Sharky's Spetsnaz.

Thank you, Tony.
Thought I recognised you through the grille in the back of the police van. Skegness was too upmarket for me.

It is possible to make money going long a horrific company. I’ve successfully played dead cat bounces on Enron, Nortel, and Lucent.

note from TheBramble: I haven't. I'm quoting JCA don't forget. I own up to making money on Nortel and Lucent, but not on the upside.