Cool it down

MOS3329

9 votes huh ? This really proves that democracy is a nonsense and that the average person in the street doesn't know what they are voting for.

Dig up Oswald Mosley I say !

The reason Neil has zero votes is because, like myself, he has elected to not allow anyone to vote for him. Had this not been the case I am sure he would have many.

Paul

Mayfly
Nice quote of Danton.
Didn't he end up being knifed by a young French fille in his bath?

Maybe that's what should happen to this debate, which seems to have evolved into what appears to me a "local council row on positioning traffic lights". Although topic is perhaps most important, the outcome of debate seems to result in increasingly desturbed relationships between members as at times language in posts in unfortunate and often misunderstood.

Freedom of speech is great but angrily debates do not help anybody and certainly not this website. As others have said, let's concentrate on what is us dear, nl trading and helping each other to improve our skills and resolve.

Happy Christmas to you all. Hope to see many at the T2W X-mas on Saturday.

XMAS TEST

bgold said:
Mayfly
Nice quote of Danton.
Didn't he end up being knifed by a young French fille in his bath?

And who painted the picture ?
( No - it wasn't the police artist )

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas feast :D

bgold

Another calm considered post on this subject. Well done and thanks.

Yes, I agree with you, it probably would look like a local council matter to an outsider, but members will know that this is a long standing issue that has got in the way of the true purpose of this site and therefore becomes a rather more important issue until it can be resolved, put to bed and forgotten about.

But ignoring the issue( I'm not referring to you), won't resolve it - history is littered with the results of ignoring something, hoping it will go away.

The downside of this debate has been the irrational, bad tempered, tantrum throwing of some and if you read back through the many posts on the subject you can see those who have conducted themselves in a proper way - FTSE Beater, Finlayson, Felix and Chartman(apols to those I missed). We know the ones that wouldn't make this list and I hope they will refrain from showing themselves up in future. I dont mean their views, but the way they expressed them.

The upside of this debate is that FINALLY people are going to put their heads together and try to come up with a set of practises that resolve the issue.

Without this debate nothing would have changed.

I see that Sharkey said 100 new members (useless idiots to quote a fellow member) joined last week. Well I don't call them that, I'd call them people looking for help and advice and I believe the changes resulting from this debate will be to their benefit.

If it is, it's been worth the aggro.

Mike

Last edited:
An Analysis of "The Death of Marat" by Jacques-Louis David

This paper is an examination of The Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David, which is a prime example of French Neo-classicism. The story behind the painting is described and the elements of style used by the artist are closely inspected.

From the paper:

"The following work, The Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David, is a prime example of French Neo-classicism. This has often been said to be David’s greatest work, and is sometimes referred to as the “pieta” of the French revolution. In effect, David was in active sympathy of the Revolution, and tended to specialize in revolutionary propaganda. His intent in creating the following work was to serve as a memorial to his recently deceased friend, Jean-Paul Marat. Not only was Marat a good friend of David’s, but he was also one of the political leaders of the revolution. The work depicts the actual death of Marat. As one will notice, Marat was murdered in the bathtub where he was accustomed to sitting hour upon hour due to the painful skin condition from which he suffered."

Neil,
I wish googling (new verb) trading was as easy as googling playing quizes.

bgold said:
An Analysis of "The Death of Marat" by Jacques-Louis David

This paper is an examination of The Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David, which is a prime example of French Neo-classicism. The story behind the painting is described and the elements of style used by the artist are closely inspected.

From the paper:

"The following work, The Death of Marat by Jacques-Louis David, is a prime example of French Neo-classicism. This has often been said to be David’s greatest work, and is sometimes referred to as the “pieta” of the French revolution. In effect, David was in active sympathy of the Revolution, and tended to specialize in revolutionary propaganda. His intent in creating the following work was to serve as a memorial to his recently deceased friend, Jean-Paul Marat. Not only was Marat a good friend of David’s, but he was also one of the political leaders of the revolution. The work depicts the actual death of Marat. As one will notice, Marat was murdered in the bathtub where he was accustomed to sitting hour upon hour due to the painful skin condition from which he suffered."

Neil,
I wish googling (new verb) trading was as easy as googling playing quizes.

If only :D

I don't have a painful skin condition, but all these 'do up your bedsit for a fiver' programs did encourage me to go a bit artistic and try out those floating tea-light thingies in the bath over the weekend.
"Death of Murat" be blowed, hardly had I settled down with a good book, a bottle of Remy Martin, and my rubber duck than the bottle caught fire (igniting the book enroute the shower curtain) and the damn duck's head melted all over certain wrinkly bits as I exited.
Frankly the last thing I'd have needed at that point would be the cast of Les Mis warbling about who's head to show to who after the party. I don't care which council is erecting a traffic light.
I've got 2 votes in knocking 700 posts, I suspect the Alzheimers is a factor in this to be truthful, and don't really care. In fact I was planning on asking people to stop voting as they're both green so far and the suspense is killing me, I'm therefore about to see if I can vote red for myself to get it over with.
Merry Christmas one and all, and put another Tiny Tim on the fire!
Dave