Where To Find Good Options Information

athos

I've read quite a few posts on this board about how difficult it is to find good options information online. So I've decided to create a thread where people can post their favorite, and most reliable, options sites. I've traded options for a number of years and these are the sites I've come to rely on for good options information. They are all good, reliable and, best of all, free:

WWW.CBOE.COM - What can I say? The CBOE is the granddaddy of options sites. It's getting a little long-in-the-tooth these days, but it still has a decent offering of the basics.

WWW.THEOPTIONSINSIDER.COM - One of my first stops in the morning. I love their options news ticker. They also have excellent articles aimed at everyone from novice traders to options masters. These guys know their stuff. If you want to learn about options, or if you're a pro looking for some insight, this is the place.

www.888options.com - The OiC's site. Good basic info for options novices. If you're a pro, skip to the next site...

www.oicoptions.com - The OIC's new site for institutional options traders. It's still new, so it doesn't have much content yet, but give it time. This site could become very interesting.

Those are my picks based on my experiences online. There are many paid options sites on the web, but I frequently find the free sites to be more insightful and reliable. That's probably because they are more focused on providing good info rather than on selling you strategies, newsletters, etc.

I've read quite a few posts on this board about how difficult it is to find good options information online. So I've decided to create a thread where people can post their favorite, and most reliable, options sites. I've traded options for a number of years and these are the sites I've come to rely on for good options information. They are all good, reliable and, best of all, free:

WWW.CBOE.COM - What can I say? The CBOE is the granddaddy of options sites. It's getting a little long-in-the-tooth these days, but it still has a decent offering of the basics.

WWW.THEOPTIONSINSIDER.COM - One of my first stops in the morning. I love their options news ticker. They also have excellent articles aimed at everyone from novice traders to options masters. These guys know their stuff. If you want to learn about options, or if you're a pro looking for some insight, this is the place.

www.888options.com - The OiC's site. Good basic info for options novices. If you're a pro, skip to the next site...

www.oicoptions.com - The OIC's new site for institutional options traders. It's still new, so it doesn't have much content yet, but give it time. This site could become very interesting.

Those are my picks based on my experiences online. There are many paid options sites on the web, but I frequently find the free sites to be more insightful and reliable. That's probably because they are more focused on providing good info rather than on selling you strategies, newsletters, etc.
Thanks, it's great help to me

all of those links might be good for a very basic education but in reality they'll be pretty useless when you try to trade.

Listen, options are like icebergs where 10% is above and 90% below (I'm talking information and proper trading knowledge). Most (95%+) of all option books and websites only deal with the 10%.

So if you want any chance of making money overtime and I mean any chance then you have one option and that involves investing in your education and I don't mean a £25 book here and there.

You have to get into the 90% that's below the surface and there's only 1 guy on the plant ( that I know off) who teaches this information and his name is.........

The Ri$K Doctor

Google him and like I said if you don't study the 90% then you have NO chance.

Good luck and hope this helps.

One more thing - a decent option education will probably take a minimum of 2 years maybe more. Think about it - you'll be trading against some of the best people on the planet so to think you can take them on with a 4 week home study course is the definition of naive.