I've signed up for 2 day Forex trading course, read negative stories on here.

RaylanGivens

Hi,

I've just graduated from University and decided to use money in my Isa to invest. I spent £2396.40p on a trading course run by learn2trade, it is happening on June 20-21st.

However, I have read very negative reviews on this forum. Both me and my friend signed up, and I still intend to go.

What can I do to make sure I don't lose money in trading? I'm willing to be patient (months, years) not get rich. I've done the initial investment (nothing I can do now)

What would you suggest I do to maximise my productivity? I have no prior knowledge of the market.

Any help will be greatfully recieved.

Regards,

Hi,

I've just graduated from University and decided to use money in my Isa to invest. I spent £2396.40p on a trading course run by learn2trade, it is happening on June 20-21st.

However, I have read very negative reviews on this forum. Both me and my friend signed up, and I still intend to go.

What can I do to make sure I don't lose money in trading? I'm willing to be patient (months, years) not get rich. I've done the initial investment (nothing I can do now)

What would you suggest I do to maximise my productivity? I have no prior knowledge of the market.

Regards,

you went to their free seminar right? thought you'd learn something there right? got caught up in the fervour of the moment and pressured into signing up for an expensive course. you realise it just isn't over and they will upsell further even more expensive courses to you.

if you're loaded then fine, pay these many companies offering learning the thousands they ask.

if not and want to know the mechanics of trading forex without spending thousands ££££ it's called google, youtube, t2w, and babypips. and not the above

starter suggestions are -

read the babypips school of pipsology.

google the questions that have been created from your reading.

use youtube for visual examples.

want to ask a question. use the many forums, t2w, babypips, forexfactory etc.

it's a great shame you were not a good friend of mr google prior to signing up, I take it that's how you landed here today after buyers remorse has set in.

good luck and I wish you well :)

Hi,

Regards,

thats like asking "how can I learn to ride a bike without falling off ?"

wont happen ............sorry dude
N

Hi,

Regards,

don't go dude ..get your money back ............spend a year on demo and trawling the internet trading forums to build your knowledge

these academies at best are teaching you free information ............at worse they are snakeoil salesman

sorry to say that but they are ............

N

. . . What can I do to make sure I don't lose money in trading?
Hi Raylan,
Welcome to T2W.

If you've paid the money and it's not refundable, you may as well go on the course and learn as much as you can. However, as LM advises above, be very wary of them upselling more products and services. Their trading abilities are questionable, unlike their sales skills, which tend to be old school, high pressure and manipulative. In other words, likely as not, they will offer big discounts if you sign up there and then to buy some bit of software or a 'proprietary' indicator etc.

Regarding your question quoted - it's an excellent one! An obvious starting point is to ask your trainers on the course. They will probably (but I've not been on the course - so I don't know for sure) fill your head with fantasies about making silly money whilst flying around in helicopters and such like. This is what most novices want to hear. Professionals on the other hand have their feet firmly on the ground and do the exact opposite. They don't focus on the money they might make, they focus on minimising their risk at every possible opportunity to ensure they don't lose what they already have. I suggest you follow their lead.

If your trainers don't answer your question satisfactorily, you'll find the answer (or a good part of it at least) here: Essentials Of 'Risk & Money Management'

It's a bit late now but, before you sign up for any more courses, you might like to take a look at these two FAQs:
Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?
How Can I Distinguish Between Scams and Reputable Vendors?

I hope you enjoy the course and think it's worth the money paid - please let us know how you get on and what you think of it.
Tim.

Hi RaylanGivens

I would have to agree with everything already mentioned - but if you know you cannot get your money back and still want to maximise your productivity there are some things I am sure I and maybe others here on T2W could assist you with

First question - the course is next weekend only a week away - do you have a few hours etc available beforehand to still try and get your money back or at least over 50% of it refunded.

Any refund whether 90% or 75% etc - is better than going - although I am sure the course is worth at least a few hundred pounds - just for the experience

2. If its Forex only - what have they said they will teach you etc etc - ie have they mentioned any particular methods or strategies etc ?

3. Do they offer any type of assurances or claims etcetc?

4. Do they know you are a complete novice or newbie to Forex ?

5. What is included in the course price ?

Regards

F

i could have shown you so much for 2 grand.

...I could have shown him much more for only $1,999.99 :cool: ...spread over a 24 month billing cycle -- so Anyone can afford it. My course pays for itself in the first month of trading!

all joking aside, anybody that spends money on so-called online learning/mentorship/etc...is a fool (no offense to anyone). everything is basically learnable on your own -- it's the Internet! search and learn.

Yes, you will probably fail or stumble on the road to success -- but that's part of the whole process.
Going to an online trading academy won't increase your odds.

Last edited:
Hi RaylanGivens

I would have to agree with everything already mentioned - but if you know you cannot get your money back and still want to maximise your productivity there are some things I am sure I and maybe others here on T2W could assist you with

First question - the course is next weekend only a week away - do you have a few hours etc available beforehand to still try and get your money back or at least over 50% of it refunded.

Any refund whether 90% or 75% etc - is better than going - although I am sure the course is worth at least a few hundred pounds - just for the experience

2. If its Forex only - what have they said they will teach you etc etc - ie have they mentioned any particular methods or strategies etc ?

3. Do they offer any type of assurances or claims etcetc?

4. Do they know you are a complete novice or newbie to Forex ?

5. What is included in the course price ?

Regards

F

Hi,

Since I just finished uni (on May 30) I wanted to be productive and use my money to invest. I didn't know what to invest in. I guess I should have come on this forum before signing up to the course.

I guess I might as well go on the course for the experience. I might meet people there who have contacts and may be of help in other endeavours I may pursue.

1) They said they will teach us 4 different trading strategies (I'm not sure which ones)

2) They said they will teach us how to trade in Silver and Gold as well as Forex

3) No claims as far as I know

4) Yep they know me and my friend are complete novices

5) In the course price we get: 3 1 on 1 sessions with a trader and help with setup and lifetime access to graduate website.

Thanks very much for your reply

you went to their free seminar right? thought you'd learn something there right? got caught up in the fervour of the moment and pressured into signing up for an expensive course. you realise it just isn't over and they will upsell further even more expensive courses to you.

if you're loaded then fine, pay these many companies offering learning the thousands they ask.

if not and want to know the mechanics of trading forex without spending thousands ££££ it's called google, youtube, t2w, and babypips. and not the above

starter suggestions are -

read the babypips school of pipsology.

google the questions that have been created from your reading.

use youtube for visual examples.

want to ask a question. use the many forums, t2w, babypips, forexfactory etc.

it's a great shame you were not a good friend of mr google prior to signing up, I take it that's how you landed here today after buyers remorse has set in.

good luck and I wish you well :)

Thank you very much for your reply, I will read babypips now.

Hi Raylan,
Welcome to T2W.

If you've paid the money and it's not refundable, you may as well go on the course and learn as much as you can. However, as LM advises above, be very wary of them upselling more products and services. Their trading abilities are questionable, unlike their sales skills, which tend to be old school, high pressure and manipulative. In other words, likely as not, they will offer big discounts if you sign up there and then to buy some bit of software or a 'proprietary' indicator etc.

Regarding your question quoted - it's an excellent one! An obvious starting point is to ask your trainers on the course. They will probably (but I've not been on the course - so I don't know for sure) fill your head with fantasies about making silly money whilst flying around in helicopters and such like. This is what most novices want to hear. Professionals on the other hand have their feet firmly on the ground and do the exact opposite. They don't focus on the money they might make, they focus on minimising their risk at every possible opportunity to ensure they don't lose what they already have. I suggest you follow their lead.

If your trainers don't answer your question satisfactorily, you'll find the answer (or a good part of it at least) here: Essentials Of 'Risk & Money Management'

It's a bit late now but, before you sign up for any more courses, you might like to take a look at these two FAQs:

I hope you enjoy the course and think it's worth the money paid - please let us know how you get on and what you think of it.
Tim.

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply. I will crack on with your reading suggestions.

I agree, their sales techniques are despicable. I was shocked to read they have been doing the same thing for 4/5 years. They tell you there are only 6 places left for the discounted price of £2,396.40, which creates a rush at the end of the seminar to sign up. Yet they say this to every group, at every seminar.

It's longer than 4 to 5 years and nearer 10 years. Did you pay by credit card? If so call up your company and tell them that after research you don't believe the product is of merchantable quality and that you were misled into making the purchase and want to claim a refund. There is a lot of information from newspapers concerning what they are selling and tactics used to sell it so you can use that to back up any claim you may wish to make. Failing that go to a small claims court, which can now be done online at a very low cost, and as long as you have all the information to hand and present it fully and clearly you will almost certainly win your case and that is if they even bother to challenge it.

It's longer than 4 to 5 years and nearer 10 years. Did you pay by credit card? If so call up your company and tell them that after research you don't believe the product is of merchantable quality and that you were misled into making the purchase and want to claim a refund. There is a lot of information from newspapers concerning this so you can use that to back up any claim you may wish to make.

Hi,

I paid by debit card.

...I could have shown him much more for only $1,999.99 :cool: ...spread over a 24 month billing cycle -- so Anyone can afford it. My course pays for itself in the first month of trading!

all joking aside, anybody that spends money on so-called online learning/mentorship/etc...is a fool (no offense to anyone). everything is basically learnable on your own -- it's the Internet! search and learn.

Yes, you will probably fail or stumble on the road to success -- but that's part of the whole process.
Going to an online trading academy won't increase your odds.

bit harsh! perhaps more accurate to say " has been fooled" as these people are pretty sharp

Attachments

• flasher.JPG
    flasher.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 194
Hi Raylan,
Welcome to T2W.

Tim.

Hi they said they will teach:

180 profit Booster FX strategy
Income Wave FX strategy
Interbank Radar Strategy