I've signed up for 2 day Forex trading course, read negative stories on here.

whatever you do,just do not throw anymore money away purchasing further more 'advanced' courses promising new and even more quicker get rich strategies.
sadly you will have to right this off and file it under experience.

notice that the daily mail article said his wealth has come from his training business. nowhere does it state it came from trading. not really surprised though with the "master" programme hitting up @ £13k a pop :eek:

guess that the op is paying the tidy sum of £2396.40p a. to keep the fuel truck filled up to follow the lambo. b. to get the privilege of the £13k sales pitch? or am I jumping the gun here as there's quite a gap between the figures, another in between up sale layer awaits perhaps???

why the odd £96.40 anyway :confused:

What's interesting to me is the pricing of courses

The more they charge the more likely people are to join

N

Is it worth paying £60 ($89) a month for smartcharts software?

Its not worth it at all, however you may have no option if you want to replicate their "methodology". My understanding is that learn to trade/knowledge to action/traders university whatever they go by now have changed their offering somewhat and instead of focusing on the training they focus more on a systematic entry and exit and have clearly teamed up with smartcharts
They used to be affiliated with esignal but no longer

Ideally, you are able to understand the rules and could then attempt to replicate this on far better charting packages.

As said already, they will likely pull you and everyone on the course aside for one to one discussion with a "real" broker. he wont be a broker at all.
The intention would be to discuss what your intentions are, and then advise that in order to reach your goals etc etc you will need another "master" or "pro" course. Its going to come, so be prepared to think of this guy as somebody employed by learn to trade for one reason and that is to get more from you. Nothing of what they say will be true. The guys giving the presentations likely will not trade at all, let alone make anything from it. They will not drive nice cars or live in in anywhere remotely desirable. They have not paid off their mortgages, likely they are struggling to pay their own rents in the lowest parts of bromley.

So what can you do to best make use of the time...
understand whatever methodology they are peddling, even if its system generated. Likely the methodology will be based off something already in existence but at least its a starting point.

if possible you will have access to a charting package yourself which you could use during break times. Pull up some charts at random, not the ones they tell you, but any random charts and see if you can apply their principles to ones on your package. if not, get them to explain.
the reason i say this is that their examples will be cherry picked ones. Get onto real ones asap. use any breakout to do this as much as you can.

Lastly, try and get to meet some like minded people as you will likely need all the help you can get afterwards.

Don't worry we've all been through it, myself included. Fortunately some good did come of it but certainly not of their making. Let me know how you get on and if there is anything i can help with afterwards then I'd be happy to oblige

remember, just don't give them a penny more.

Its not worth it at all, however you may have no option if you want to replicate their "methodology". My understanding is that learn to trade/knowledge to action/traders university whatever they go by now have changed their offering somewhat and instead of focusing on the training they focus more on a systematic entry and exit and have clearly teamed up with smartcharts

Ideally, you are able to understand the rules and could then attempt to replicate this on far better charting packages.

As said already, they will likely pull you and everyone on the course aside for one to one discussion with a "real" broker. he wont be a broker at all.
The intention would be to discuss what your intentions are, and then advise that in order to reach your goals etc etc you will need another "master" or "pro" course. Its going to come, so be prepared to think of this guy as somebody employed by learn to trade for one reason and that is to get more from you. Nothing of what they say will be true. The guys giving the presentations likely will not trade at all, let alone make anything from it. They will not drive nice cars or live in in anywhere remotely desirable. They have not paid off their mortgages, likely they are struggling to pay their own rents in the lowest parts of bromley.

understand whatever methodology they are peddling, even if its system generated. Likely the methodology will be based off something already in existence but at least its a starting point.

if possible you will have access to a charting package yourself which you could use during break times. Pull up some charts at random, not the ones they tell you, but any random charts and see if you can apply their principles to ones on your package. if not, get them to explain.
the reason i say this is that their examples will be cherry picked ones. Get onto real ones asap. use any breakout to do this as much as you can.

Lastly, try and get to meet some like minded people as you will likely need all the help you can get afterwards.

Don't worry we've all been through it, myself included. Fortunately some good did come of it but certainly not of their making. Let me know how you get on and if there is anything i can help with afterwards then I'd be happy to oblige

Thanks very much for the advice, I will get on it now.

I've just got back from the course, I'm utterly deflated. They spent 80% of the day talking about how much money they've made and asking us what our goals are, and the only content they taught was readibly available on the internet and in the USB they already gave us.

Before signing up for the seminar, I told them I just graduated and would only want to invest an initial £1k/2k at first to test the waters, before adding more if their methods proved successful. They now told me that I would only make a maximum of 3% a month and that would only be £30 if I invest £1000, and the software I have to pay for is £60 a month on its own (smart charts).

They never made any of this clear at the seminar. All they said is you would be reimbursed your fees through a corporate rebate or something.

I'm not sure what to do....

I'm not sure what to do....

Id look at that corporate rebate option first of all

It shouldn't really have been a surprise but nonetheless if 3% were indeed possible a month then you have nothing to lose. Yes on £1k you could make 30, but its scalable. So look on the bright side. However I would probably have said you wont even make that. So at least you have a goal now to prove me wrong
Also you may actually learn something in the next month or so using this method so that's another plus. Again it may be available out there already but you may never had tried this method/s..

Its done now so move on..try applying their method on a demo account and don't use smart charts unless it really is required. Remember I asked if this is something you could use on other platforms..is this the case?
If the answer is yes fantastic then get a 30day trial on another charting package and that way its cost you nothing.
Do this for as long as you can while your learning.
In the mean time don't spend another penny on anything trading related.

Give me a shout if I can help with anything ok?
Chin up mate. Your journey really starts now

Id look at that corporate rebate option first of all

It shouldn't really have been a surprise but nonetheless if 3% were indeed possible a month then you have nothing to lose. Yes on £1k you could make 30, but its scalable. So look on the bright side. However I would probably have said you wont even make that. So at least you have a goal now to prove me wrong
Also you may actually learn something in the next month or so using this method so that's another plus. Again it may be available out there already but you may never had tried this method/s..

Its done now so move on..try applying their method on a demo account and don't use smart charts unless it really is required. Remember I asked if this is something you could use on other platforms..is this the case?
If the answer is yes fantastic then get a 30day trial on another charting package and that way its cost you nothing.
Do this for as long as you can while your learning.
In the mean time don't spend another penny on anything trading related.

Give me a shout if I can help with anything ok?
Chin up mate. Your journey really starts now

Hi, they said the methods they teach are only relevant to smartcharts. They also said everybody should make 3%, I doubt this happens though. I only have 15k in my savings, and can only access £5k more this year.

Yeah I guess I should do demo trading or go without the smartcharts, because even if I'm not making money, I don't want to lose £30 each month.

They duped 5 people into paying 20k for a 'master trader' course today. A complete scam. They didn't even allow people to sleep on the decision, they told them they had to sign there and then. £20k just like that.

Hi, they said the methods they teach are only relevant to smartcharts. They also said everybody should make 3%, I doubt this happens though. I only have 15k in my savings, and can only access £5k more this year.

Yeah I guess I should do demo trading or go without the smartcharts, because even if I'm not making money, I don't want to lose £30 each month.

They duped 5 people into paying 20k for a 'master trader' course today. A complete scam. They didn't even allow people to sleep on the decision, they told them they had to sign there and then. £20k just like that.

so is it a complete black box? You only get entry and exit signals and maybe some stop loss/take profit but they didn't actually divulge what the methods are precisely?

Hi they said they will teach:

180 profit Booster FX strategy
Income Wave FX strategy
Interbank Radar Strategy

so you must now have learned something regarding these?

according to their website the 180 profit booster is related to a multi timeframe directional method. income wave is moving average end of day based method. money market breakout sounds support and resistance based. interbank radar??? have no idea what that is or how you'd measure that, sounds like bullsh!t to me, but they seem to imply some sort of range trading, some call it tunnel trading.

so far we have identified mean reversion, moving averages, support & resistance levels and range trading. anything written about any of those should be fully transportable to any platform. so long as you wrote it all down, mind you having spent all that dosh on it hopefully they wrote it all out for you, presented in a nice folder too! a very nice folder?

And those 5 people will spend tonight justifying their decisions internally so as to convince themselves it is money well spent.

Some of them may also try to rationalise their actions as, having got one over on the rest of the peasants at the seminar. What they will come to realise over time is, trading is not a competition against other inexperienced players, but a battle against the market and self.

one of the hardest lessons to learn is to cut your losses.
your in a losing position,you become angry/frustrated.despondency sets in and you throw more money in the hope to recoup it all back.best thing to do is to take that 2k loss.those signing upto another 20k have become despondent and no longer in control of their emotions(and have more money than sense)
or do you feel you should have signed up also(if you had/have the money)

So, I started to google. They have some amazing tools don't ya know ! :LOL:

Decided to read some of the testimonials from the website.
Interestingly some people have written and video testimonials.

Meet Karen. She doesn't have a video testimonial. ( see where I'm going with this? )

https://www.learntotrade.com.au/blog/testimonial/learn-to-trade-review-karen/

but wait...after an image search, it seems Karen is a divorce psychotherapist and clicking a few of the search links, including linkedin, does not have trading listed as one of her interests.

You can explore the links for yourselves.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...&sa=X&ei=FwOGVeCEN4HEUp2ugPgG&ved=0CBkQ9Q8oAA

Last edited:
as a side note,anyone signing up for any course of any name costing thousands of pounds will be severely disappointed.but alas make up your own minds.

hey all................sounds like the course was as expected..............

but as ive stated I earlier posts we all do these kinda things on our life journey so as long as lessons are learned then its all gravy

people who don't make mistakes generally don't learn much either

N

rule number one, do not signup for anything if you can learn it for free
rule number two, never sign up coz what ever they have to offer can be learnt for free
welcome to the internet, dont waste money, if you are really decided then everything can be taught through youtube vids and free online courses such as the school of babypips etc, there is an old saying "he who cant trade, TEACH" trying to earn from teaching free stuff is not good. no offence to anyone here but some courses have a crazy tag price on them, I have traded 3 years with HF and never paid for a course.

All these free seminars scare me! they are like those EST courses in the 1980's surely you learn nothing at all in the free part, and then they ( IT people who are now "traders? haha) try to get you to part with a £3k for the " now if you are serious come to our advanced course for only a limited few at £3,000!!"