Islamaphobia

has diddly squat to keeping an open mind about ideas and possibilities hat science has either yet to discover or to get its head around.

I'm hard work perhaps Tim but hope I haven't lost your attention. I'm ok with losing good will though but I say that in a nice way. Don't have any expectations when I blurt out what's inside head. Good or bad. It's just an idea right. People can react in any way they choose.

If I may add however, the absence of something should not lead one to accept the possible existence of something.

Yes it does give plenty of opportunity for many with imaginations to come up with all kinds of fancy ideas.

We are as the poster says ENORMOUSLY insignificant and the concept of a lil gods is pretty lame.

I like to think I have an open mind. That's why I spend time on these blogs listening to what everyone thinks and says amongst my peer group so to speak.

Happy Sunday (y) ;)

. . . If I may add however, the absence of something should not lead one to accept the possible existence of something. . .
At',
This is the crux of the matter. I'm open minded to ideas and possibilities that science has yet to explain - whereas you are not. You could be missing out and, potentially, this closed minded attitude could have lasting consequences for you and your family. By way of example, there's someone I know extremely well who was born with severe curvature of the spine and a spastic condition that meant he would have to wear leg calipers for the rest of his life. As a young boy, the physiotherapists and medics said there was nothing they could do for him and outlined to his parents what impact his disability would have on his life. Rather than do nothing and accept their boy was disabled, the parents decided to explore alternative approaches which lead them to a London based faith healer called Edward Fricker. Fricker said he could help, so the boy went to see him over a number of years between the ages of 5 - 10. As a result, the curvature of the spine almost completely disappeared and the spastic condition went altogether. By the time the little boy hit his teens he was playing in the school teams for rugby, hockey and cricket. His parents took him back to see the original doctors and physiotherapists who could not believe the boy's physical transformation and had no explanation for it - other than to say it was some kind of miracle. As you have probably guessed - I was that little boy. Now, I'm not at all religious but, given my personal experience, it would be odd to say the least for me to dismiss all faith healers (sure there are loads of fakes) as being a 'god deluded numpties'.
Tim.

At',
This is the crux of the matter. I'm open minded to ideas and possibilities that science has yet to explain - whereas you are not. You could be missing out and, potentially, this closed minded attitude could have lasting consequences for you and your family. By way of example, there's someone I know extremely well who was born with severe curvature of the spine and a spastic condition that meant he would have to wear leg calipers for the rest of his life. As a young boy, the physiotherapists and medics said there was nothing they could do for him and outlined to his parents what impact his disability would have on his life. Rather than do nothing and accept their boy was disabled, the parents decided to explore alternative approaches which lead them to a London based faith healer called Edward Fricker. Fricker said he could help, so the boy went to see him over a number of years between the ages of 5 - 10. As a result, the curvature of the spine almost completely disappeared and the spastic condition went altogether. By the time the little boy hit his teens he was playing in the school teams for rugby, hockey and cricket. His parents took him back to see the original doctors and physiotherapists who could not believe the boy's physical transformation and had no explanation for it - other than to say it was some kind of miracle. As you have probably guessed - I was that little boy. Now, I'm not at all religious but, given my personal experience, it would be odd to say the least for me to dismiss all faith healers (sure there are loads of fakes) as being a 'god deluded numpties'.
Tim.

Interesting.....leaves me wanting to hear more.

At',
Tim.

I'm delighted to hear that and very happy for you dear Tim, I sincerely am. Where there is a will there is a way. The brain is an amazing construction and science is yet understand fully how it works.

Forgive me for dampening the tone but for every one of your story types, I would bet there are 100 other ailments where faith healing hasn't come through.

I do believe that if one starts thinking on a daily basis about an idea or notion, the brain during course of time, gravitates to achieving obtaining those thoughts making them become real in many aspects. I'm happy to entertain those possibilities and study of the brain yes.

However, there usually is some kind of mechanical process with input and output and that needs to be identified and explained. Calling it a miracle is like calling all the hard work an entrepreneur puts in just good luck. No such thing.

I am open to ideas and possibilities providing there is some explanation that I can comprehend. Faith and belief in god as touted by all the religions is not one of them. Stuff'm all into room 101 and flush'm down the chute.

I'm delighted to hear that and very happy for you dear Tim, I sincerely am. Where there is a will there is a way. The brain is an amazing construction and science is yet understand fully how it works. . .
Like I said earlier - science is playing catch-up!
;)

What you've lost is my goodwill. Forgive me for blowing my own trumpet, but I'd like to think that's worth something. Keep in mind that I posted my initial reply with this opening sentence: "In broad terms I agree with your sentiments (that makes a change, eh!), but I'm going to play devil's advocate and stick up for your colleague." Being 'unshackled from the mind control numpties' - whoever and whatever they may be - has diddly squat to keeping an open mind about ideas and possibilities hat science has either yet to discover or to get its head around.
Tim.

Talking of keeping an open mind about what we don't know (and of course there is also what we don't know we don't know) here's a rather interesting article which not only includes scientific don't know but other fields of don't know:

Interesting.....leaves me wanting to hear more.
We'll have to get together over a pint again sometime c_v. - it's been too long! Suffice to say, I come from a family of weirdos. My grandmother was a life long member of White Eagle Lodge; it was she who suggested mum 'n dad take me to a faith healer. My mother was a homoepath back in the 60s - a time when most people had never even heard of it. Most of her patients were people mainstream allopathic practitioners had washed their hands of. Some she helped - some she didn't - my condition being in the latter category. My dad trained as a barrister at law and investigated cases of professional misconduct at the RICS before giving that up to become secretary to the Radionic Association. Anyone who's dismissive of homoepathy will have their heads blown by radionics!

I've turned my back on all this stuff long ago and I'm as sceptical as the next wo/man. However, I keep an open mind and wouldn't dismiss anyone as being delusional for having views that I don't share or can't be explained by science.
:D
Tim.

Talking of keeping an open mind about what we don't know (and of course there is also what we don't know we don't know) here's a rather interesting article which not only includes scientific don't know but other fields of don't know:

Exactly.

Everything can be classified as "in a constant state of evolution"

Anyone who hasn't arrived at this conclusion hasn't thought it through. :unsure:

Most religions WERE cutting edge for their start time in their own areas BUT imho that's where they still are and never evolved.
Things and knowledge have moved on. If they had evolved they would be more relevant for today's problems and more creditable.
Probably saying much the same things rather than killing each other.

I object to Halal and Kosher meat based on animal welfare grounds, how am I able to avoid purchasing and eating meat where the animal has been slaughtered in this way if there is no legislation to clearly mark products containing foods of this type? We mark our foods in all sorts of ways to ensure our health and well-being why not the slaughter method used?

Halal and kosher methods of animal slaughter are so completely unnecessary and cruel. Only one step up from human sacrifice !!
We owe it to the animals to give them a swift and painless end.
This is a prime example of the priests establishing holds over the gullible.

Halal and kosher methods of animal slaughter are so completely unnecessary and cruel. Only one step up from human sacrifice !!
We owe it to the animals to give them a swift and painless end.
This is a prime example of the priests establishing holds over the gullible.

Agree strongly.

We should not tolerate these old inept and daft practices as if religious stupidity has protection under the law.

Laws need to be changed.

Agree strongly.

We should not tolerate these old inept and daft practices as if religious stupidity has protection under the law.

Laws need to be changed.

What! and risk upsetting some minority interest group. Get a grip m8, you know that the minorities have to be catered for and pandered too at every opportunity. Doesn't matter what the majority want. They can be excluded and ignored.

We'll have to get together over a pint again sometime c_v. - it's been too long! Suffice to say, I come from a family of weirdos. My grandmother was a life long member of White Eagle Lodge; it was she who suggested mum 'n dad take me to a faith healer. My mother was a homoepath back in the 60s - a time when most people had never even heard of it. Most of her patients were people mainstream allopathic practitioners had washed their hands of. Some she helped - some she didn't - my condition being in the latter category. My dad trained as a barrister at law and investigated cases of professional misconduct at the RICS before giving that up to become secretary to the Radionic Association. Anyone who's dismissive of homoepathy will have their heads blown by radionics!

I've turned my back on all this stuff long ago and I'm as sceptical as the next wo/man. However, I keep an open mind and wouldn't dismiss anyone as being delusional for having views that I don't share or can't be explained by science.
:D
Tim.

Yeah but it won't be this year!!!
Sis has retired now and living full time down in nabbot, so I expect i'll be down there at some point.

What is so objectionable about Islamists ?
Is it because their religion is different from the majority Christian religion ?
Or is it the drip drip affect of terrorism ?
The Moslem leaders never seem to publicly apologise for terrorist acts, of which there have been many.
Even the slaughter of 300+ people recently in Sri Lanka didn't seem to raise a protest. While the one off NZ shooting had the NZ PM apologising , head covered with a scarf in solidarity etc
Perhaps turning the other cheek is a pathetic. response.

ROFLMAO

UK makes Muslims look like saints even with the terrorism factor is thrown in & exponentialized.

1 million deaths in Iraq caused by UK false info to tickle America's gullibility.
Millions & millions slaughtered in India.

Under the policies of British colonialism, people around the globe were subjected to mass famines, atrocious conditions in concentration camps, and brutal massacres at the hands of imperialist troops. The Brits also played an integral role in the transatlantic slave trade.

ROFLMAO

God bless America - pls do NOT get involved in the affairs of other countries. Peace brothers, Peace. No more killing. Make Love not War. :)

Is it because their religion is different from the majority Christian religion ?
The Moslem leaders never seem to publicly apologise for terrorist acts, of which there have been many.
Even the slaughter of 300+ people recently in Sri Lanka didn't seem to raise a protest. While the one off NZ shooting had the NZ PM apologising , head covered with a scarf in solidarity etc

In some parts of Phuket, Thailand noted for their terrific seaside views, it is a high percentage Muslim area. some foreigners expats live there mostly Germans, French etc., almost no Brits, no Americans

As a result of being a Muslim area the general expat population is scared and rarely visits the shops and restaurants.

But Fibo is greeted with open arms. Happened from day 1 when I visited with my Thai non-mulsim (buddhist) gal to eat lunch. She too was not comfortable that I picked a Muslim area. The staff was trembling when they saw an American. Their uniforms had creases as sharp as a knife. When they put their hands in their pockets there was a note which read, "treat this boy with kindness & love, he ain't no enemy"

Many establishments even refuse to accept money from me and rather bless me with more food and special dishes to take home.

I have zero fear as I sit with the entire restaurant to myself and my gal with a great view of the ocean, and my back to the street behind me 30 yards away. Ain't nobody going to throw any bombs or cause Fibo any harm. God would not allow it. Neither would the Muslim establishments. Fibo is well known in Kamala.

Muslims smell this in Fibo: this boy got no hate in his heart, he respects on an individual basis not by race or creed or color

In some parts of Phuket, Thailand noted for their terrific seaside views, it is a high percentage Muslim area. some foreigners expats live there mostly Germans, French etc., almost no Brits, no Americans

As a result of being a Muslim area the general expat population is scared and rarely visits the shops and restaurants.

But Fibo is greeted with open arms. Happened from day 1 when I visited with my Thai non-mulsim (buddhist) gal to eat lunch. She too was not comfortable that I picked a Muslim area. The staff was trembling when they saw an American. Their uniforms had creases as sharp as a knife. When they put their hands in their pockets there was a note which read, "treat this boy with kindness & love, he ain't no enemy"

Many establishments even refuse to accept money from me and rather bless me with more food and special dishes to take home.

I have zero fear as I sit with the entire restaurant to myself and my gal with a great view of the ocean, and my back to the street behind me 30 yards away. Ain't nobody going to throw any bombs or cause Fibo any harm. God would not allow it. Neither would the Muslim establishments. Fibo is well known in Kamala.

Muslims smell this in Fibo: this boy got no hate in his heart, he respects on an individual basis not by race or creed or color

View attachment 268583

I take it you don't suffer from so-called 'islamophobia' then, unlike Western governments (and the Chinese, Russians and most of the rest of the globe), they are sh*t scared of the Islamists.

UK thrill to kill makes Muslims look like saints. My my my how soon we forget. You see that's the problem - the stupid public forgets fast, very shallow. Fibo never forgets thru' his friend HISTORY.

Fibo knows who the real mother^*%$#s are

Islam? Yawn! The real danger to WW3 is the UK, not Israel or Iran on NK or India/Paki. Its the UK as she drowns, half the UK ship is submerged but the band keeps playing on as if nobody has noticed they have already lost almost everything and not only that, as political correctness swamps the country they have let in terrorists left and right.

How can this be?

YOU cannot create that much destruction of humanity and expect God to not take action. It just don't work that way. America has her own guilt but UK is the top dog in the crimes against humanity department. But these young uns of this site have so nicely forgotten their History, perhaps they don't give a rat's ass about History.

Imagine killing an Indian man or woman or child!!!!!!!!!! some of the sweetest and best behaved people on the planet. Fibo would go out of his way to stop at a tea stall in India rural and drink tea and chat for hours with the locals - smiles smiles and more smiles. Bloody Hell and generosity that would make God blush as he has a competitor of significant quality.

Can India be the next superpower? She has my vote! China does NOT!

Islam? Yawn! The real danger to WW3 is the UK, not Israel or Iran on NK or India/Paki. Its the UK as she drowns, half the UK ship is submerged but the band keeps playing on as if nobody has noticed they have already lost almost everything and not only that, as political correctness swamps the country they have let in terrorists left and right.

How can this be?

YOU cannot create that much destruction of humanity and expect God to not take action. It just don't work that way. America has her own guilt but UK is the top dog in the crimes against humanity department. But these young uns of this site have so nicely forgotten their History, perhaps they don't give a rat's ass about History.

Imagine killing an Indian man or woman or child!!!!!!!!!! some of the sweetest and best behaved people on the planet. Fibo would go out of his way to stop at a tea stall in India rural and drink tea and chat for hours with the locals - smiles smiles and more smiles. Bloody Hell and generosity that would make God blush as he has a competitor of significant quality.

Can India be the next superpower? She has my vote! China does NOT!

You can't deny history, you can learn from it, but it is not incumbent on the descendants of those who committed atrocities in the past to feel guilt for those past atrocities, most of the modern population of the world has had no hand in nor no part played in historical events and therefore cannot be blamed. There isn't a corner of human history that is without an unethical past, even modern populations have not signed up to many continuing disreputable and unethical practices performed by respective governments.