Is this the worst SB platform?

Is this the worst SB platform?

• Total voters

ZEN archer

Experienced member
I've just tried a new IG platform and it is the slowest platform of all the SB companies I've tried and I've tried quite a few of them. Also the quick charts are the slowest of all the charts I've tried and are problem ridden - don't update positions, crash down etc. There are some other problems - if you are lazy and don't want to enter numbers and instead click on the arrows (on the tickets) - they tend do jump 2 or more points with a delay. Why use the picture (gherkin?) that is completely useless IMO and slows the platform even more?

I have a reasonably fast computer and I haven't experienced similar issues with any other platform. To me these are very important issues that would affect my performance adversely - Is that the purpose of the new platform?

Last edited:
Slowness was one of the reasons why I stopped using them, although at the time I assumed it was partly a computer and broadband speed issue. Maybe it's just slow, like CMC's Next Gen?

Yes it is really strange that IG is the worlds biggest company when it comes to CFDs and SB.;)
It must be something totally wrong with us traders for joining them.

Yes it is really strange that IG is the worlds biggest company when it comes to CFDs and SB.;)
It must be something totally wrong with us traders for joining them.

No - nothing wrong with you traders:)

If you enjoy slow platforms with even slower charts that update your positions intermittently - you'll have a great time with them. There is also a nice picture that loads every time you log in, so you can enjoy even more - it gives it sort of professional/city look:cool:

If you enjoy slow platforms with even slower charts that update your positions intermittently - you'll have a great time with them. There is also a nice picture that loads every time you log in, so you can enjoy even more - it gives it sort of professional/city look:cool:

Maybe IG should make a market based on how long it will be before they get rid of the background picture?

Thanks for the instructions, but I wouldn't use them (IG) unless they make their platform considerably faster.

Why don't they offer few different platforms, so profitable traders can join as well. They can offer one simple, fast platform for serious traders and hedge their positions. Also they can offer a platform with the pictures, insights etc. for others. That's the best way to attract new clients IMO.

To be honest, I don't trade live with them, so I can't really tell. It always takes time to tune in a new platform and a lot of traders like to have it the old ways.

zen

you obviously don't like the new layout but this is miles away from saying they are 'the worst' or even 'bad'.

actually i did not like the old layout as i thought it was far too compact. they seem to have changed it into a copy of most of their competitors now. with visible icons for charts etc rather than having to L click etc.

havnt actually traded on it (i use CS) but surely it is just a new front end on top of the old middle back office.. it should be the same speed.

zen

you obviously don't like the new layout but this is miles away from saying they are 'the worst' or even 'bad'.

actually i did not like the old layout as i thought it was far too compact. they seem to have changed it into a copy of most of their competitors now. with visible icons for charts etc rather than having to L click etc.

havnt actually traded on it (i use CS) but surely it is just a new front end on top of the old middle back office.. it should be the same speed.

I meant the worst of the companies I use Intant (I should have put it that way really)

Their platform was slow before and now it's even slower.
Quotes are reasonable (majority), although they tend to widen the spread every so often and make advertised spread of say 1 point in reality to at least 2 points.
Another company has faster platform and they don't widen the spread that much.

Even if IG had the same spread like the other company, I wouldn't use them as the new platform annoys me too much (waiting for the charts to start, for the correct positions to show promptly etc.). To put is simply it affects my trading adversely.

BTW Don't get me wrong - there are some other companies I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. I was only making comparison between the normal SB companies.

I meant the worst of the companies I use Intant (I should have put it that way really)

Their platform was slow before and now it's even slower.
Quotes are reasonable (majority), although they tend to widen the spread every so often and make advertised spread of say 1 point in reality to at least 2 points.
Another company has faster platform and they don't widen the spread that much.

Even if IG had the same spread like the other company, I wouldn't use them as the new platform annoys me too much (waiting for the charts to start, for the correct positions to show promptly etc.). To put is simply it affects my trading adversely.

BTW Don't get me wrong - there are some other companies I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. I was only making comparison between the normal SB companies.
And according to your reference, which companies is good according to your standard?

And according to your reference, which companies is good according to your standard?

It would be inappropriate for me to post it in this thread.

If you want to find out, the best way is to open different accounts (with different SB companies) and compare them IMO. For me the most important is price accuracy, spread, execution, platform functionality with reasonable&accurate charts and quick&easy money transfers.

I trade with IG daily and am having no problems. Sounds like an issue at your end

Sorry guys, not sure where your conspiracy theory that a slow platform helps the SB firms? You think some desk at IG is there analysing the trades in the split seconds that youthink it's delayed, and give the trade a thumbs up or down for the firm? based on whether the underlying market may or may not have moved? C'mon" bad workman...... " I think you know the rest of that saying..

Reactions: x4x
Honestly I don't care if they do it on purpose or not. For me it's slow and it affects my trading.

The simplest solution to that problem was to use another SB company - so no longer an issue with me:)

Honestly I don't care if they do it on purpose or not. For me it's slow and it affects my trading.

The simplest solution to that problem was to use another SB company - so no longer an issue with me:)
How come it is not slow for others, or is it that you want to give them a negative outlook for a string of bad trades?;)

It would be inappropriate for me to post it in this thread.

If you want to find out, the best way is to open different accounts (with different SB companies) and compare them IMO. For me the most important is price accuracy, spread, execution, platform functionality with reasonable&accurate charts and quick&easy money transfers.
I got an account with most of the SB's, though not IG, I might if they follow CS example buy giving 1 point spread on the Dow.

How come it is not slow for others, or is it that you want to give them a negative outlook for a string of bad trades?;)

You are funny Gle - you were posting comments about the platform without using it:whistling

PS If you check the posts again you can see that one member stopped using them - it was slow for him as well

Also check this thread - some not very happy bunnies there:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/157856-ig-new-interface.html#post1967650

I got an account with most of the SB's, though not IG, I might if they follow CS example buy giving 1 point spread on the Dow.

One may think that all spreads are equal and can be taken for a quick ride. That's why it's important to test the extreme width.

Let's say I advertise my spreads being from 1 point, but may use nice software to widen them every so often (enough to hit few orders). So you'd get a better idea (more accurate) if I mentioned to rather than from. Of course when advertised they always use from.

And again some would justify this by blaming conspiracy theories, market reactions etc... Whatever the case it's best to compare them yourself and you should get a good idea which one is extreme spread happy.

Wishing you good trading:clover:

Last edited:
wooooo ... music to my ears...

this is one of our sales pitches... at CS spreads 'are' 1 pip in the euro for 24 hours a day , 1 pip in the FTSE from 0800 to 2100 1 pip in dow from 1430 to 2100 (2 pips for the rest of the time)

our prices are not 'from' or 'as low as' they 'ARE'

simon

wooooo ... music to my ears...

this is one of our sales pitches... at CS spreads 'are' 1 pip in the euro for 24 hours a day , 1 pip in the FTSE from 0800 to 2100 1 pip in dow from 1430 to 2100 (2 pips for the rest of the time)

our prices are not 'from' or 'as low as' they 'ARE'

simon

this is music to my ears as well - I'll definitely try CS(y)