Is this the worst SB platform?

Is this the worst SB platform?

• Total voters

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Honestly I don't care if they do it on purpose or not. For me it's slow and it affects my trading.

The simplest solution to that problem was to use another SB company - so no longer an issue with me:)
How come it is not slow for others, or is it that you want to give them a negative outlook for a string of bad trades?;)

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
It would be inappropriate for me to post it in this thread.

If you want to find out, the best way is to open different accounts (with different SB companies) and compare them IMO. For me the most important is price accuracy, spread, execution, platform functionality with reasonable&accurate charts and quick&easy money transfers.
I got an account with most of the SB's, though not IG, I might if they follow CS example buy giving 1 point spread on the Dow.

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
How come it is not slow for others, or is it that you want to give them a negative outlook for a string of bad trades?;)

You are funny Gle - you were posting comments about the platform without using it:whistling

PS If you check the posts again you can see that one member stopped using them - it was slow for him as well

Also check this thread - some not very happy bunnies there:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/157856-ig-new-interface.html#post1967650

I got an account with most of the SB's, though not IG, I might if they follow CS example buy giving 1 point spread on the Dow.

One may think that all spreads are equal and can be taken for a quick ride. That's why it's important to test the extreme width.

Let's say I advertise my spreads being from 1 point, but may use nice software to widen them every so often (enough to hit few orders). So you'd get a better idea (more accurate) if I mentioned to rather than from. Of course when advertised they always use from.

And again some would justify this by blaming conspiracy theories, market reactions etc... Whatever the case it's best to compare them yourself and you should get a good idea which one is extreme spread happy.

Wishing you good trading:clover:

Last edited:

capitalspreads

Experienced member
1,452 79
wooooo ... music to my ears...

this is one of our sales pitches... at CS spreads 'are' 1 pip in the euro for 24 hours a day , 1 pip in the FTSE from 0800 to 2100 1 pip in dow from 1430 to 2100 (2 pips for the rest of the time)

our prices are not 'from' or 'as low as' they 'ARE'

simon

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
wooooo ... music to my ears...

this is one of our sales pitches... at CS spreads 'are' 1 pip in the euro for 24 hours a day , 1 pip in the FTSE from 0800 to 2100 1 pip in dow from 1430 to 2100 (2 pips for the rest of the time)

our prices are not 'from' or 'as low as' they 'ARE'

simon

this is music to my ears as well - I'll definitely try CS(y)

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
You are funny Gle - you were posting comments about the platform without using it:whistling

PS If you check the posts again you can see that one member stopped using them - it was slow for him as well

Also check this thread - some not very happy bunnies there:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/157856-ig-new-interface.html#post1967650

One may think that all spreads are equal and can be taken for a quick ride. That's why it's important to test the extreme width.

Let's say I advertise my spreads being from 1 point, but may use nice software to widen them every so often (enough to hit few orders). So you'd get a better idea (more accurate) if I mentioned to rather than from. Of course when advertised they always use from.

And again some would justify this by blaming conspiracy theories, market reactions etc... Whatever the case it's best to compare them yourself and you should get a good idea which one is extreme spread happy.

Wishing you good trading:clover:
Your aim is quite clear with your posting. The bad guy is the SB you have been using and you like to get back at him for taking you for a ride. I enjoy posting to a thread like this, because I just don't fall for this kind of blame game.

Last edited:

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
Your aim is quite clear with your posting. The bad guy is the SB you have been using and you like to get back at him for taking you for a ride. I enjoy posting to a thread like this, because I just don't fall for this kind of blame game.

Do you have any connections with SB companies?

I hope you don't mind the question - it's only my impression:rolleyes:

BTW Have you checked that thread?

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Do you have any connections with SB companies?

I hope you don't mind the question - it's only my impression:rolleyes:

BTW Have you checked that thread?
How many times haven't I heard that question.:) No I don't mind the question, in fact it I enjoy it every time a poster brings it up. No I haven't checked the thread.

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
How many times haven't I heard that question.:) No I don't mind the question, in fact it I enjoy it every time a poster brings it up. No I haven't checked the thread.

Honestly I had no idea you were asked before.

So - do you mind answering?

BTW You should check the thread

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
I though that was obvious in my answer, but anyway, no I don't have any connections.

Thanks

No hard feelings - I was trying to help with my view in choosing the right platform. I don't have anything against them and even mentioned in one of my posts that I would use them again once/if they introduce a reasonably quick platform:)

R.Charnock

400 124

Whether he had bad trades or not, I don't think there's any doubt that IG's platform is slow, no matter what speed of connection or hardware used.

gle101

Veteren member
3,717 84
Thanks

No hard feelings - I was trying to help with my view in choosing the right platform. I don't have anything against them and even mentioned in one of my posts that I would use them again once/if they introduce a reasonably quick platform:)
Same here, no hard feelings.:)
Keep on posting your viewpoints about anything you dislike and like, the same goes for me.

ZEN archer

Experienced member
1,528 241
It's not the worst platform (by popular vote)

Four members don't think it's the worst platform.
One member thinks it can't be true as he heard they are quite good.
There is only one member who voted and thinks it's the worst/slowest and another member who didn't vote, but couldn't put up with the slowness.
There were some other members who posted and they don't think it's the worst platform.

Vote is still open and you are welcome to post your review of the platform.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock