Is the Market out to get YOU?

Triggerfish

When you are trading the markets, do you think that the markets are there to get you? Do you think the markets are there to eat you up?.....Is this not a misunderstanding of what the markets are created by the deluded self for not understanding what the markets are?

After all.....the markets are FREE for all to trade and there are successful traders making it!.....so for these successful traders, the markets are clearly not "against" them.....

My question is what do you think?.....and more importantly....."WHY" do you think the way you think?

Some one posted elsewhere a great anaology re the market being an ocean and the trader a surfer.

The market (the ocean) is vast and huge and it doesn't even know we exist but equally it means us no harm - we have to recognise when are the safe times to go in and when are not. The clever surfer (trader) sits and waits and waits and waits, he knows which wave offers him the greatest probability of a safe exhilerating ride so he does not enter the ocean unless/until that wave sets-up ...if the ocean is too calm he walks away and conversely if it is too rough he again stands aside as he knows tomorrow is another day and not to risk his safety...He knows the optimum conditions and he waits for those.

So no, I don't think the markets are out to get me nor do I think they care...Do brokers play dirty tricks ?- yes ! (so trade on a real market not through a counterparty,) - but do they have adavntages ? - yes - they offer liquidity when that may not always be there atbthe price you want in the real market and they give access to traders when access to the real market may be restricted by insufficient capital etc. Do they hunt stops? - yes - but not yours - just stops generally...does the real market do this? - for sure - as stops are effectively pools of liquidity and liquidity is essential to all markets.

Not always the case, but you will very often see talk of broker dirty tricks and manipulation etc by traders looking to blame the 'ocean' or thatcreated by their broker for their inability to get/remain consistently profitable - ie become a good surfer !

G/L

When you are trading the markets, do you think that the markets are there to get you? Do you think the markets are there to eat you up?.....Is this not a misunderstanding of what the markets are created by the deluded self for not understanding what the markets are?

After all.....the markets are FREE for all to trade and there are successful traders making it!.....so for these successful traders, the markets are clearly not "against" them.....

My question is what do you think?.....and more importantly....."WHY" do you think the way you think?