How many hours per day to you trade?

four hours, seven days a week

That's way too much Macella. Raise the timeframe and drop to 10 minutes glance per day. TRADING was supposed to free you financially, remember? Not enslave you to a different master (TIME)

Work your way towards the Daily timeframe for the ultimate freedom

I just look in every hour or two and average about 20 open scalping positions at any one time. Tight stops and TPs do the donkey work for me.

I think as a newbie in trading we should give more time to Forex and understand it perfectly. After some experience 3 to hours a day are enough.

My signals are on the daily chart so my average is probably 1.5 to 2 hours per day. If I am putting on or adjusting positions, may be 3 hours in a day. If my positions are set and I am waiting for the a profit target or the next adjustment signal may be an hour to review my positions and glancing at my phone through out the day

I am a part time trader can not do trading all the day due to a regular job . I spend 2 to 4 hours in trading . Some time is for market watch and in other time I do trading if find good trend . Some hours are good for news trading I avail this time.
As a part time trader i think you going very good , i means the timing combination you have set. just be careful when trading in news, its very critical.

I spend 3-4 hours to gather data and make analysis and only 10-20 minutes to open, close or modify trades. Spending less time watching prices is key to safe emotional state in manual trading.

I only spend a couple of hours a day but would like to put aside more time for trading. It's hard to do so because I have 3 small children and no help, but I plan to trade full-time once they all start school.

I only spend a couple of hours a day but would like to put aside more time for trading. It's hard to do so because I have 3 small children and no help, but I plan to trade full-time once they all start school.
You could always look at longer time frames, swing or position trading
But fair play to you, looking after 3 kids and still trying to juggle a hobby...hard work
If I can help with longer time frames, let me know

Watch and plan trades / read news / bloomberg in the morning, then once I execute my trades, will check in if no alerts trigger every hour or two.

I only look to enter trades in the first few hours of London and NY normally and the trade itself takes no time at all if I place one. I use alerts and will sometimes use limit orders as well to keep screen time even lower.

Different traders, different strategies and a different trading ideology all influence the amount of time we all spend analyzing the markets and trading them. I know there are traders who spend eight hours and more per day trading while others may spend eight hours per week in front of the markets.

I think a lot of especially new traders think they have to base their entire day on analyzing charts, following news and be alert 24/7.

How much do you trade? Do you control your trading or does your trading control you?
It depends on the market. I trade based on price action. If I see that a particular pair is being traded with the price action that I look for, I stick with it. Sometimes it takes 2/3 hours to be able to get the signal to take an entry. If there is no such action, I come back 2/3 hours later to see whether any pairs move like the way I want or not. On an average, I trade (spending time on the charts) for about 4/5 hours a day.

I must admit i hammered the hours this week with the Ukraine Crisis.......

I have always been a part-time trader, but this whole Russia-Ukraine thing has disrupted my trading routine. My trades are down and I don’t know whether to keep them going or close my positions.