Trading 24 hours per day, 5 days per week

Serious Response to JT

Just do it. Find out. Doesn't matter what and if and how anyone else may have done it.

Personally, if you've a passion to do this you'll walk it. If you don't - you wont. Suck it and see. (No pun intended re: previous post...)

JT - I think Rols may be attempting to initiate a collaborative effort here. You’d have no trouble staying awake with this rough, tough, ruggedly handsome Cornishman sharing your budoir.

But should you slip into the gentle arms of Morpheus, it wont only be your position that potentially suffers.:eek:

You have an evil and twisted mind.....

...though I do confess to having a certain fondness for JT.

:LOL:

I've been doing it for a few months now, doesn't bother me in the slightest... means I get to have a fag too!

I deal with it by having a different strategy for my overnight trades than for my daytime trades. Just a shame the markets have to close on Saturday's and Sunday's :rolleyes:

Emmets

You have an evil and twisted mind.....

...though I do confess to having a certain fondness for JT.

:LOL:
Rols is OK he is from Bude. It's them Redruth pasty eaters you have to be wary of:cheesy:

Rols is OK he is from Bude. It's them Redruth pasty eaters you have to be wary of:cheesy:

LOL - Well i am quite wary of ROLS these days - due to how she or he has replied to a few of my posts, but thats another story. It may not be anything to do with any of those famous Bude Cornish Pasties, more to do with a loose chip on the shoulder ;) :LOL: !

I have put this issue into perspective by talking to my hard-working parents. My mother sort of laughed when i asked her whether she considered 6 * 20 minute work sessions per day, including one at 3am equalled a tough schedule. This is what i was looking for/needing really.

Cheers.

If it is 20 minute sessions, then that implies that you're applying some fairly rigid and objective trading rules. If so, why not get a programmer to automate the whole thing for you? I'd happily pay a few hundred quid in exchange for nights tucked up in bed - days too for that matter if it was fully automated!

I admire your work ethic, but as Ronald Reagan once said 'they say hard work never killed anyone, but I reckon why take the risk?'

Full automation may be a possibility, but not with SB.

What does & what does not constitute hard work is debatable. Personally speaking 20 minutes max. every 4 hours, 5 days per week, for me, doesn't constitue hard work, 3am candle included or not. But then i have been used to working 40 hour weeks in past jobs, and come from a family with hard-working printers, coal-miners etc, and have friends who work 50+ hours per week :rolleyes: - i know which option i prefer the sound of :) .

Thanks for the replies.

Full automation may be a possibility, but not with SB

Have a look at Futuresbetting. You'd need to spreadbet currency futures rather than spot forex, but in practice there's little difference if you're trading the majors, and you can set up automated systems with them.

Well i am quite wary of ROLS these days - . It may not be anything to do with any of those famous Bude Cornish Pasties, more to do with a loose chip on the shoulder ;) :LOL: !

I have put this issue into perspective by talking to my hard-working parents. My mother sort of laughed when i asked her whether she considered 6 * 20 minute work sessions per day, including one at 3am equalled a tough schedule. This is what i was looking for/needing really.

Cheers.

I'm not suprised your mother laughed......:cheesy:
She must have a very good sense of humour:cheesy: :cheesy:

No more crude social stereotype jokes on Cornishmen please or we'll come up North and bludgeon you into submission with a giant pasty.

You should come and visit.
http://www.latelet.com/rentals/25370.html

Re autotrading your FX strat try Forex factory or www.forex-tsd.com

There's a pretty good chance that somebody has already programmed your strat or something close to it.

I'm not suprised your mother laughed......:cheesy:
She must have a very good sense of humour:cheesy: :cheesy:

No more crude social stereotype jokes on Cornishmen please or we'll come up North and bludgeon you into submission with a giant pasty.

You should come and visit.
http://www.latelet.com/rentals/25370.html

Re autotrading your FX strat try Forex factory or www.forex-tsd.com

There's a pretty good chance that somebody has already programmed your strat or something close to it.

I've been to Bude a few times - i like that area a lot, although Budes a tad on the quiet side. Newquay/St Ives, are busy enough though. I just love all those surf chicks :p .

I've been to Bude a few times - i like that area a lot, although Budes a tad on the quiet side. Newquay/St Ives, are busy enough though. I just love all those surf chicks :p .

Reminds me of our most famous poem....

There was a young lady from Bude
Who went for a swim in the lake
A man in a punt
Stuck an oar in her ear
And said "You can't swim here, it's private."

MITA! (missing in trading action)

Whats happened to JT then? logged off after post 31, not been seen since.

I fear that alarm clock going off @ 3 AM may have put paid to his internet activities for some while, dont you :LOL:

If JT is seen at large please report back to this thread, we can then rest easy that he's safe and well, and allowed back in the house.

An unconfirmed report is just coming in that a person fitting his description has been spotted outside WHSmith shouting "Issue.."

Thank you

Lightning

Have a look at Futuresbetting. You'd need to spreadbet currency futures rather than spot forex, but in practice there's little difference if you're trading the majors, and you can set up automated systems with them.

Hi JOC,

I went to the FB seminar on automated systems a couple months back.

One aspect of automated strategies is to clarify whose computer does the automated strategy reside at. In other words, you wouldn't want anyone else having access to the algorithms.

Fibonelli

Hi

i'm about to start trading my strategy on forex, 24 hours per day, 5 days per week on 4 hour charts.

This will involve spending only 10-15 minutes at the computer every 4 hours - at the open/close of a new H4 candle

I'm slightly concerned about how i will cope with being surrounded by the markets 24/5 - 24/7 like this, as i am a heavy sleeper, and will need to attend my charts at say 3am and 7am on weekday mornings.

Does anyone else trade in this, or a similar way?

If so, how do you cope with attending your PC every 4 (or similar no. of hours) hours 5 days per week?

Do you find it easy or hard?

How long did it take for you to get used to this?

Did it become easier once you got into the rythm of your schedule?

All tips, feedback & advice welcome!

Cheers.
Jtrader, I read your post and some follow-up posts.

If you want to wake up at 3a.m, then again at 7a.m. drink one 16oz. glass of water before you go to bed, then another before you return to bed at 3a.m.

This will help you wake up quicker, because your body will be in a different mode, waiting for any reason to come out of your `now lite sleep`.

I saw this same techniqe being used by the military on a t.v. show.

DT
:)

Jtrader, I read your post and some follow-up posts.

If you want to wake up at 3a.m, then again at 7a.m. drink one 16oz. glass of water before you go to bed, then another before you return to bed at 3a.m.

This will help you wake up quicker, because your body will be in a different mode, waiting for any reason to come out of your `now lite sleep`.

I saw this same techniqe being used by the military on a t.v. show.

DT
:)

nah - they say that because they know you'll wake up anyway because you'll be bursting for a pee.

Whats happened to JT then? logged off after post 31, not been seen since.

I fear that alarm clock going off @ 3 AM may have put paid to his internet activities for some while, dont you :LOL:

If JT is seen at large please report back to this thread, we can then rest easy that he's safe and well, and allowed back in the house.

An unconfirmed report is just coming in that a person fitting his description has been spotted outside WHSmith shouting "Issue.."

Thank you

Lightning

Hi there LMQ, i appreciate the concern! :) .

i have been away on holiday over the last week.

I did abondon this thread because it was started with the intention of gathering opinion about a trading style that i have already deemed credible. I simply wanted to gain feedback from people who have used a similar approach.
Instead, i was met with "that'll never work", "i wouldn't bother with that" type responses.

I have received some useful replies, and a few more via PM. Perhaps those who PM'd me didn't want to enter a debate that some may have been determined to de-rail :idea:.

Cheers.

Perhaps those who PM'd me didn't want to enter a debate that some may have been determined to de-rail :idea:.

Cheers.
That's a bit unfair JT. I haven't seen a post on here which doesn't aim to help you, even if for some the interpretation of "help" was to try and think of ways that didn't require you to get up at 3am. Even the joshing in some of the posts has been completely friendly. You haven't come over all soft and sensitive on us have you ;)

Depending on which trading platform/chatting software you are using you can set up 'Expert Advisors' to auto-trade for you. I do this on the 1 hour charts for GBPUSD and EURJPY on Metatrader4, so I don't have to get out of bed at an unearthly hour. The result is that my winning trades are 40pips per trade. Potentially 2 winning trades per day (80 pips/day that trades are executed and successful)ThaThe trades are only executed automatically if certain criteria have been met. As with all trading there are losers as well as winners. BUT the winners outweigh the losers and I can go out and enjoy myself without being tied to my PC.