• 5 - 10 hours a week

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • few hours a day

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 9 to 5 monday to friday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Full 'normal' day and a few extra

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Every second I'm awake, and dream about it too!

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

wasp

Legendary member
I am on holiday and I've not gone a day without having a quick glance at a chart :eek:

It got me thinking about how much time I have put into trading over the years and how many hours I generally spend a week 'trading' or studying and found it quite alarming!

I know personally I spend a lot of time actually 'working' but taking a step back and thinking about it, it just seems far too much.

How much time do you spend 'trading' related per week, this includes, actually 'trading', as well as research, study, reading, analysing and prep, as well as things like T2W or any other forums? Its certainly a full on occupation!

hmm, Perhaps we go through or have to go through a stage where trading defines your life, in that sense 100 plus hours per week.... would be a ball park figure maybe...

then enrichment as opposed to defining might be an option when you know you can take back/cut back some time if you want to....

personally I tend not to rest or switch off too easily if an issue is outstanding, so it can/perhaps does consume one :) I gladly supply all the hours required, but the price can be heavy at times......

Total immersion has its benefits and its costs I suppose.......

....100 hours a week. at least.....that doesnt inclduing the time i spend dreaming about bloody candles with arms and legs chasing me round weird landscapes....maybe curries near to bed time dont help....cheers mark j

Hi Mark
I've had similar things whereby I'll wake up in the night and immediately think I should be sat at the computer thinking about nothing but the chart in front of me. A sort of vertigo type feeling.......But then again I've also woke up in the same way and been thinking that I should be at my desk at work 10 or so miles away.

A healthy work/life balance, and having outlets helps me with these types of stresses, something to take your mind off your work and give you other things to think about, whether it be sport, the gym, other social events, evening walks chess club ;) etc.