is 100% return each year realistic?

I'm surprised you haven't waded in with the old 'if you can't make £200 per day from a £10k account...' Wouldn't that equate to 500% per year? Hell, even only 3 days a week it would equal 300%?

Why are you "surprised"? I have my views and really don't give a flying fook what others think, you fight your own corner son. :) Anyways, there's only 3 different discusssions that ever happen on 'ere; "T.A. doesn't work, you can't achieve that because I can't and.."..oh that's only 2...:LOL:

Why are you "surprised"? I have my views and really don't give a flying fook what others think, you fight your own corner son. :) Anyways, there's only 3 different discusssions that ever happen on 'ere; "T.A. doesn't work, you can't achieve that because I can't and.."..oh that's only 2...:LOL:

Lol I have no problem fighting my own corner... Just thought you may have had something to say on the matter :D

What % do you make per year btw? ;)

Granted that page on myfxbook shows only 3 months of results but check out the number of trades alot of them have made... They are decent sample sizes so they can't all be flukes. This is also besides the point, there are a few members here who prove in their journals that they make quite a lot more than 2000 pips per year.

Look, if you post up details of the results on the fxcm micro challenge folk on 'ere will tell you it's rigged/if you place enough trades you can easily get 1000% in a month etc..:D I cba arguing versus, or against tbh..:)

buffet averages 19.5% per year and he's the best in the world, half the market wizards have blown up and even they could only make 30-40% per year.......

If you go there and click on 'strategies' at the top of the page you will see alot of verified accounts that make much more than 100% per year with nice smooth equity curves over a decent sample. If you can't see them then you don't have your eyes open.

I don't get why this is so difficult for you guys to accept? 100% per year on a leveraged account....?

If I was to ask if it was possible to make 20% per year un-leveraged what would you say?
Well, that's exactly what I did... So looking at these "verified accounts" I see all sorts of funky numbers. Let's take for example the second strategy on the list, "FOREX COMBO SYSTEM". Apparently, it's made 25.97mn% from inception or am I misreading this? Also, the balance recorded is apparently 25,970,305,574.67. Is that also correct, i.e. there's arnd 26bn of something in this account (sorry, I shouldn't forget the touching 67 cents/pence/whatever)? What is this balance denominated in? The best trade that has been recorded under this strategy made 499mn, according to myfxbook.com. Is that also correct?

Maybe I am missing smth here?

EDIT: As to your question, you're asking the wrong one. As meanie has been trying to communicate, it's not about what's possible. In theory anything is possible and many marvelous trading feats even look doable in practice, if you don't take survivorship bias into account. And yes, in reality systematically returning 20% unleveraged is extremely hard. If it were easy, I would be doing it, believe you me.

Last edited:
Lol I have no problem fighting my own corner... Just thought you may have had something to say on the matter :D

What % do you make per year btw? ;)

I take thousands of percentage shots each year..;)

Well, that's exactly what I did... So looking at these "verified accounts" I see all sorts of funky numbers. Let's take for example the second strategy on the list, "FOREX COMBO SYSTEM". Apparently, it's made 25.97mn% from inception or am I misreading this? Also, the balance recorded is apparently 25,970,305,574.67. Is that also correct, i.e. there's arnd 26bn of something in this account (sorry, I shouldn't forget the touching 67 cents/pence/whatever)? What is this balance denominated in? The best trade that has been recorded under this strategy made 499mn, according to myfxbook.com. Is that also correct?

Maybe I am missing smth here?

I'll admit to being confused because I don't see those figures... The highest I see is 1308.24% gains... are you looking at demo accounts? I dunno but I haven't seen those figures you have quoted...

Nearly fell off my chair laughing.. seems that 100% a year is completely pathetic !!

# Gain: +25970.31M%
# Daily: 6482852.09%
# Monthly: 194446039.55%
# Drawdown: 3.11%
# Balance: 25970305574.67
# Highest: (Sep 01) 26066204615.67
# Profit: 25970305474.65
# Deposits: 100.00

What IS this horsesh1t?? LiamH, are you involved in this website??

Nearly fell off my chair laughing.. seems that 100% a year is completely pathetic !!

# Gain: +25970.31M%
# Daily: 6482852.09%
# Monthly: 194446039.55%
# Drawdown: 3.11%
# Balance: 25970305574.67
# Highest: (Sep 01) 26066204615.67
# Profit: 25970305474.65
# Deposits: 100.00

What IS this horsesh1t?? LiamH, are you involved in this website??

That's a demo account, try looking at the real accounts. And no, I am not involved with that site.

I'll admit to being confused because I don't see those figures... The highest I see is 1308.24% gains... are you looking at demo accounts? I dunno but I haven't seen those figures you have quoted...
I don't know how to look at either demo or real accounts. I am looking here:
http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies

I went to myfxbook.com and clicked on "Strategies", which is the third item in the menu bar at the top.

Come to think of it, you'd make more money than all the Simons in the UK, in one month! I'd happily pay £499 for this system, where do I send my money?

Come to think of it, you'd make more money than all the Simons in the UK, in one month! I'd happily pay £499 for this system, where do I send my money?

I'll happily sell you this system, it's £99 for a LIMITED time only so hurry up...

Seriously though, check the real accounts - Most are verified and the figures are accurate.

Left hand side of that page has filters... Near the bottom is 'account type' i think, just change that to real and submit.
I don't see any filters on the left side of this page... Do I have to register and sign in or sumptin'?

Ok, so we need to ignore the accounts making a billion percent a month?

Have you based your entire argument on the fictitious numbers posted on this website?

Ok, so we need to ignore the accounts making a billion percent a month?

Have you based your entire argument on the fictitious numbers posted on this website?

No and you're not looking properly... The real accounts are not fictitious. I am having a little trouble getting my head around you... There are many journals on this very site where people prove day after day, week after week that they are earning enough pips to easily kill 100% per year and there are pages and pages of em on myfxbook making more than 30% per month.

Do you just not like admitting when you're wrong? Because that is how it seems to me. I could carry on and start adding people from other trading websites but to be honest I can't be arsed... I've put enough points forward that in my mind prove that 100% per year is absolutely do-able... Maybe not easy in terms of finding the right strategy for YOU but definitely do-able.

Ah, lol, sorry it's http://www.myfxbook.com/systems

I'm not too familiar with this site myself, just spent a few hours in work looking through
Hmmmm, I have just looked at that... Of the 10 "systems" at the top, only one has a record that goes back more than 1 year (and that's mightily suspect as it has two trades in 2006 and the next one is in Jun 2010). So all of these large return metrics are based on arnd 3 - 6 months worth of trading. Where are all the winning systems that have been making money through the years, including 2007-08? I am not really convinced, to be honest.

Hmmmm, I have just looked at that... Of the 10 "systems" at the top, only one has a record that goes back more than 1 year (and that's mightily suspect as it has two trades in 2006 and the next one is in Jun 2010). So all of these large return metrics are based on arnd 3 - 6 months worth of trading. Where are all the winning systems that have been making money through the years, including 2007-08? I am not really convinced, to be honest.

Well, the website is quite young. Have you looked at the number of trades some of them have placed? There are some with 2-300 and that is a pretty big sample.

Have you looked through the journals and strategies on this site? Live calls making way more than 2k pips per year and based on pretty basic calculations without stupid leverage that is enough to make 100% per year, which means then that 100% per year is an entirely possible achievement.

I still don't see why people think this is such a bad thing to say? It is proven time and time again by people on sites just like this with LIVE calls and not ficticious bullsh1t.