Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

This is a rather intimidatingly (long) thread, but I figured I would do the traditional thing and introduce myself here anyway. I'm an Software Engineer working for a non-financial company here in LoDo (Denver). I've always been interested in the financial markets and have a fairly strong background in statistics, so I decided to take the leap into doing some market research.

One of my short term goals is to write an system analyzer to test a few of my financial theories (and hopefully reiterate on them until they've reached a level of sophistication I'm happy with). Past that, assuming I've actually got something worthwhile I'll probably work on an automated trading system.

I'm mostly interested in Scalping, since there seems to be a lot less variables with a significant effect in play at short time scales and the technicals are all that really matter.

Hiya

This is 5talentgirl. I'm an all-out newbie. New to forex and new to weblogs! Nonetheless, I'm ready to take the plunge in both. I live in the UK with my wonderful hubbie and we are both researching which forex course to attend as we would both like to get started on our fortune education as soon possible as the 9to5 just has to go. Anyway, I'll talk to y'all again soon.

5talentgirl :)

:) Hi Zzaxx99, I find it funny. Anyways, how are you? my first post ever here on this site. I am a complete newbie at trading so I wont go asking any questions yet till I read the forums. It would be dumb to ask a question that is already answered in the forums. Oh yes, welcome aboard.

Last edited:
This is 5talentgirl. I'm an all-out newbie. New to forex and new to weblogs! Nonetheless, I'm ready to take the plunge in both. I live in the UK with my wonderful hubbie and we are both researching which forex course to attend as we would both like to get started on our fortune education as soon possible as the 9to5 just has to go. Anyway, I'll talk to y'all again soon.

5talentgirl :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy2;860838]5talent, glad that you AND your hubby is in it. My girlfriend is concern that i might lose money on this. I told her that I will be cautious. I haven't done any real trading yet except for the virtual trainning stuff. Anyways, welcome to the site and forums....I have been a member for about five minutes so far

Last edited:
Hi Everybody . This is my first registration ina forum i have never tried it . I am working with AVAFX IN DUBAI i believe some of you knows it and some dont . But i am happy with them i am their MD here in dubai uae office .

Nice to join

regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy2;860838]5talent, glad that you AND your hubby is in it. My girlfriend is concern that i might lose money on this. I told her that I will be cautious. I haven't done any real trading yet except for the virtual trainning stuff. Anyways, welcome to the site and forums....I have been a member for about five minutes so far

Hey Andy2

My husband got into this first on a virtual trading floor - trading forex. I was mega-cautious and didn't really want to know, so I can understand where your girlfriend is coming from

Hubbie started off with a £5k demo account, lost some, then made a fair bit and was eager to get started on real money. He was rising early and staying up Iate learning tricks of the trade till he was sure he was ready. He didn't have much money to start with so went live with a small amount and then froze when he started to lose real money! That's when we decided we needed some hand on training.

He did manage to get me interested though, bought me a robot and I watched the intro on it and I've set up a demo account myself. Forex isn't easy to understand, as far as I'm concerned, even though I'm comfortable with figures. Knowing how to choose the right trade is the difficult bit and I lost about £500 in one day on my virtual account (though it rallied back a bit).

Anyway, we are both willing to learn and hopefully make enough (along with other income streams) to get out of the job and do things that are important to us.

Long post, but it's an open forum!

Cheers :rolleyes:

hello, I am Norma - I have a little experience in trading. However, a couple of years ago I foolishly bought some shares in Royal Petroleum after being cold called by a company calling themselves Barclay-Hofmann. Recently I have been approached (cold called again) by a company called Redbrick Capital Corp. who want to buy these shares at a very favourable rate.... advice anyone???????

Hello all. I'm Andrew, a software engineer based in northern England. I'm new to all this having just finished my 6 weeks intro training with IG Index during which my balance has plummeted from £70 to £20.

I'm hoping to use my maths and programming skills to give me the edge and help make up for a lack of real experience. I've read a book on technical analysis and another on fundamentals and think I will favour forex because it seems to be more technical and relies less on fundamentals.

hello, I am Norma - I have a little experience in trading. However, a couple of years ago I foolishly bought some shares in Royal Petroleum after being cold called by a company calling themselves Barclay-Hofmann. Recently I have been approached (cold called again) by a company called Redbrick Capital Corp. who want to buy these shares at a very favourable rate.... advice anyone???????

do not pay any money upfront.

Hi Everybody . This is my first registration ina forum i have never tried it . I am working with AVAFX IN DUBAI i believe some of you knows it and some dont . But i am happy with them i am their MD here in dubai uae office .

Nice to join

regards

please tell me more about avafx in dubai.

Hi everybody, I'm Chuck Anthony. As an Active Trader my main focus on a daily basis is asset protection. I recently incorporated my trading business for that very reason and as a result, I find I am much more structured in my approach; keeping a daily trading journal, adhering/enforcing my stops, etc.

So within the framework of this micro-business; myself as the only employee, I've made a commitment to "write myself up" for any infractions. That is, deviating from my TRADING RULES is a violation of my own BEST PRACTICES and the result is usually a net loss. My objective therefore, is to maintain an aura of DISCIPLINED TRADING and be willing to recognize and learn from my mistakes -- Whatever it takes!

Well, I'm happy to have found this forum and hope to contribute on a regular basis.

All the best,

New Boy

Hi All

Just registered tonight - have never posted anything on a forum before so hope this works.

I consider myself to be new to trading although I did have a brief foray in to it last year, opened an account with Capital Spreads after a month or so with reasonable success on their demo account.

After six weeks had turned a £5k initial investment into £24k spreadbetting on the FTSE100 INDEX, after a further week or so managed to turn the £24k in to £52.16!
Although I had carried out a fair bit of research beforehand I must have skipped the Money Management and Risk/Reward chapters of everything I read, something I have since remedied.

Anyway, after a lot more research,reading and paper trading I have manged to put together another amount to deposit that I can afford to lose (but don't intend to) and am keen to get back into spreadbetting.
I think the tw2 site is great, it contains a wealth of info and has helped a lot with my research, having read messages in various forums all the members seem really helpful.

I look forward to communicating with you in other forums and hopefully helping others when I become more proficient.

Cheers for now.

Ian K

Hi All -

I've been trading online quite frequently for a while now, but wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on the best computer equipment to use to make sure you get good trade execution...or does it not matter?

Newbie signing in...

Hi all, I came across this site by chance, and it seems to be a great place to expand my trading ambitions.

I've been trading part time for close to 2 years with limited successes (and some spectacular failures :cry: ) and am starting to appreaciate the fine art of TA.

Like some of the other posters I think its time I started to trade in a more mecahnical and pragmatic fashion by developing a system that works for me. Hopefully I can learn something here and give something back when I have something to share.

Hello, everyone here in this forum! I have recently started trading options and I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Hey All, I' love trading the es and simple price action! here's a good free pdf
Day trading es emini

Stockwiz09 Depends a lot on what time frame you are trading! Some like a lot of tick charts with many indicators. Takes a good puter to keep up with 'all that'

I also like one computer for order entry and another for charts.

good luck!

Hi there, i am Zoey of Cebu... i am pretty much amazed on the field of marketing... hope i meet more people here who can exchange idea with me... thanks