Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,
I have been checking out this website for a while now and finally decided to say hi. Anyone in Edmonton, Alberta Canada interested in meeting for coffee and discussing trading (I am just finishing up my forex trading business plan) send me an email.

Hey traders!

I'm a trader from Ukraine. I trade forex for 5 years! but there's still lots to learn, so I decided to join you guys!

Best wishes to everybody!

Hi from me. Total noob here with open positions, eager to learn and confused on where to start. Nice to meet you all :)

hello all

i'm taking a module at Ma level in trader psychology, so it will be very interesting to see how you guys interact over the next few months.

as part of the course i also have to devise trading strategies, and online research lead me here...

cheers
tasty_snacks

new trader

with no experience what is the best way to start to collect information on the options market:clap:

Hi all - I'm a semi-retired college professor/trader. My active interest currently is mostly covered calls as a way to generate monthly income on my portfolio. Any ideas or helpful tips are appreciated - screening tips in particular. Thanks all -- Mike

Good morning all,
Nice to know there are some other people up overnight and in the UK too, I always though I was pretty much alone in the UK. I've been stock trading the HKSE for the last ten years, but took it on full time 4 to 5 years ago. Except for last year (health problems) they been good years, quite frankly the credit crunch has provided more opportunities to make money.
I work principally on charts and info , personal knowledge of Hong Kong society, having relations living there, helps along with my annual pilgrimages to HK.
are there any ex market eye here?
Market is slow at least for me today with my stocks.
regards

Hi all,

I am getting back into Trading as a side line - and - well - because I miss it...

I am looking at MetaStock to work with as it looks like a lot of product for a reasonable cost. I also appreciate the software as an early developer of trading system analysis systems myself - including charts.

Anyway - I will look around the forum but had an early question about Metastock : I want reliable gold data. I am not so sure about what MS offers - what other options are available to download daily Gold data in MS?

Are there good sources of low cost / free data out there for currency and commodities?

Last question - some posts I have read on the net suggest MS V 9.0 is better than more recent versions 10 / 10.1. Is there any noticeable feature differences? - especially between 10 and 10.1

Looking forward to getting more involved.

Thx
M

I just want to say hello to everyone as a means of introducing myself. Hope this site is resourceful. Hope to learn from you all because i am new in the business.

Thank you

Charles

New to forum

I've signed up to meet other fellow traders and to gain insight from other people.
I trade the S&P emini.

Is there a section specifically for the S&P's?

Hi All,

I am an aspiring trader and found this website while googling for trading derivatives. I am glad to be part of this forum and look forward to learning and sharing tons of useful information and experiences with fellow new/experienced traders.

Lambi

Hi guys,
Just jumped on board. Looking for answers (isn't everybody). Hope to find them here and attempt to educate myself in the art of TUFXP - which I have purchased but not yet traded with. Still trying to get my head around the best method to use for maximum profit and minimum loss. Well, we can all dream can't we! Or maybe . . . just maybe, someone out there might have all the answers or at least some of them.
Here's hoping - Dave

Hello!
I'm a new trader, I'm new on this forum, but I already found many useful things on it for me.
So, I'll stay here.

Greetings

Hello! to you all.

I am a newcomer to T2W and find the overall content very enlightening. I have traded shares for some years until around 2004. I then became interested in spread betting and paper traded for 2-3 years. I have live traded on and off for about 1 year and paid my dues in that time (-3K) but I regard this as paying for my apprenticeship! Had a lot of good advice/info from a guy called John Bartlett and purchased a couple of his training CD's which I found useful. Took his advice to look at Fx in favour of betting on the shares and index's. Am finding this much more favourable to my bank balance. Am profitable so far. I would consider myself a very short term trader - possibly you would call that scalping. It seems to work for me, but still make mistakes but these are becoming fewer. Would welcome hearing from any members about their experiences with Fx and if in the Cardiff area so much the better. Maybe some social contact would be nice.