Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all - I just signed up today. I'm trying to develop my trend-following strategy to the point where it can go live.

Hello Guys and Girls
Well where shall i start (I m A Total Novice) but wanting very much to learn i ve opened an account with IG, Finspread and IForex i opened these accounts to look at the diffrent types and formats of the trading platform not realy sure what i think of them yet, Asos not realy sure what is the best area to start so what ever you old boys out there with a wealth of knowledge could advise me in would be great I suppose my interest lies with money, gold,oil, and probably the uk ftse (is this the right place to be) so my accounts are open i ve placed a couple of hundred in each but i m playing with the demo account not made anything but not lost anything so thats looks to me like i m not doing this correctly
starting a bit to understand the charts loads more practise needed if fact i ve been on the pc for so long over the last month my eye s have turned square i ve set up my pc and i m now running 4 monitors i also have another with bloomberg on and i m just watching and trying to understand what an earth is happening

sO guys & Grls i realy would appreciate a huge amount of your knowledge in advice and it would be supurb if anyone could perhaps have skype conversation with me if you had time of course to guide me through some of this mine field
I m off to the big city begin of jan 09 going on 1 of the finspread seminars (is it worth it anyone)
I ve also signed up with a company called TCA Markets remote training package £3000 is this worth it has anyone done this

Any way that s enough for the mo all help would be gratelly appreciated thanks in advance
please contact me this site and i will send you my direct e-mail address

Hi

I'm recruitment consultant with passion for the financial markets. I have come here for several reasons but the most important is to learn as much as I can about the world of trading for interest and work purposes.

Hi everybody,

I am an amatuer in forex, with a goal of becoming a full time trader in 5 years. I have been trading live for around a year, and had already busted my first account. I come here to learn to be a better trader, so please guide me along.

Ello Guys,

Like most am newby joined this thread. I'm software developer with understanding of CDS,IRS,FX in back office. I feel being a trader seems miles away. I wonder whether traders fell from sky whch needs imense knwledge. Would be great if someone can advise prerequisites for being a trader.

Kudos!
Nilxx

Hi everyone!

Trust you are all having a good Christmas! I am new to trading, just about to start in the new year. Been on a couple of courses. have got a little education behind me and done a fair bit of reading. I am now at the nervous stage pushing buttons! I was wondering if there are any social/trading groups around the Derbyshire/ East Midlands area that meet regular and don't mind newcomers joining. Hope to hear from you! Wishing you a Great Trading New Year.

All the very best

Mickeyf

nice to meet you,
i refused to pay tca 3 grand and they have not come back to me,
from what i hear on this site all you do with them is play with your own money and then they let you go,
unless of course you are the 1 in a hundred who makes them money.

Hello Guys and Girls
Well where shall i start (I m A Total Novice) but wanting very much to learn i ve opened an account with IG, Finspread and IForex i opened these accounts to look at the diffrent types and formats of the trading platform not realy sure what i think of them yet, Asos not realy sure what is the best area to start so what ever you old boys out there with a wealth of knowledge could advise me in would be great I suppose my interest lies with money, gold,oil, and probably the uk ftse (is this the right place to be) so my accounts are open i ve placed a couple of hundred in each but i m playing with the demo account not made anything but not lost anything so thats looks to me like i m not doing this correctly
starting a bit to understand the charts loads more practise needed if fact i ve been on the pc for so long over the last month my eye s have turned square i ve set up my pc and i m now running 4 monitors i also have another with bloomberg on and i m just watching and trying to understand what an earth is happening

sO guys & Grls i realy would appreciate a huge amount of your knowledge in advice and it would be supurb if anyone could perhaps have skype conversation with me if you had time of course to guide me through some of this mine field
I m off to the big city begin of jan 09 going on 1 of the finspread seminars (is it worth it anyone)
I ve also signed up with a company called TCA Markets remote training package £3000 is this worth it has anyone done this

Any way that s enough for the mo all help would be gratelly appreciated thanks in advance
please contact me this site and i will send you my direct e-mail address

TradeGuider software and books

Hello Profit Seekers;

I found this site by serendipity. I am looking for an eBook by Tom Williams of TradeGuider called "THE UNDECLARED SECRETS THAT DRIVE THE STOCK MARKET". Does anyone have it and would you share please?

Also, I would like to receive some opinions on the TradeGuider software itself.

Thanks

Profitsareking

Grüezi from Switzerland

The smann likes to trade the DAX Future and sometimes the SMI or EUR based FX.

I'm very impressed about the quality & quantity of the postings in the forum. I'm very glad that I found this page.

Regards,
smann

Hi...
I am happy to associate with this forum of Forex Traders. I believe I will learn much of forex Trading techniques from this Forum, especoally, the experienced Traders. I will make my contribution on the basis of the little experience I have obtained .

Hello Guys

I am newbie in this forum and in Forex trading and am looking forward to learn from you... perhaps with age if not experience share (give back) a thing or two. I am quite interested in learning of- and -developing Experts Advisors as well as time goes on.

New Post

Hi Everyone,
I can't remember how I came accross this site, but I'm Glad that I did. These types of forums are invaluable for people new to the forex experience as there is so much info out there to wade through. A lot of time can be saved by simply reading and hopefully learning from other people's experiences.
I have been demo trading now for 3 months with inconsistent results. When I start to get a better handle on things I'll post my ideas to you all. Until then Happy new Year and Happy Pip Hunting to all.

New to this

Something like an intro.
I am looking for trading software, like breadth oscillator or price oscillator software.
Also, wondering if anyone has comments about Vizetrade ( think that is the
spelling) trading software for stocks and Forex. Seems like I have a disconnect
between what they claim and maybe the Real World as I experience it.

Right now I am learning to trade better with Philsgang, Phil Grande,
he is also on the radio daily, or PhilsGang.com.

Hi guys!
I am in financial advice area of the business but lately(for 3 months) i have been trying to explore forex market but have been overloaded by the information on the net. good to see a place where i can benifit from some real people and their opinions on the matter rather than all those so clled Gurus out there.
I will welcome any tips from anyone that could point me to the right direction.

Hello,

I am six months now into trading forex and I am excited to say I am beginning to be profitable. Wasted some time with a few EAs but I believe I have found my niche.

Just a bug hello to everyone!:smart:

Hi

Hello,

I am six months now into trading forex and I am excited to say I am beginning to be profitable. Wasted some time with a few EAs but I believe I have found my niche.

Hello
what spread betting company do you use and what charts are u using

With the guidance of timertrac.com, I have been subscribing to trend following signals for the last three years (with mixed results!). On the positive side, it has been a good learning curve from the point of view of mastering the psychological side of trading. I am also starting to understand more about what is meant by money management!
Next I want to concentrate on developing my own charting methods. I am looking forward to sharing ideas with this forum. It seems to be populated with some very sensible and generous souls!

Last edited:
hey eagle!

Hello,

Would you like to share your new found niche with us here?
Thanks!