Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all. I am not a trader; just beginning to educate myself about it all and seeing if perhaps it would be something I could pursue and possibly earn a living at. I am a former attorney from Minnesota who is now in the midst of numerous extended stays in a row here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for good reason. I cannot work here, hence the possible foray into trading.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi guys,

I am a new comer on this forum and the industry as well, looking to gain more and more knowledge by some trader training programmes, and an employment that gives me opportunity to become a successful trader. I have some interesting ideas in the field that can turn industry around, so want to research more and take the best knowledge from this forum. I am MBA graduate and now started applying for the graduate roles in trading. Any suggestions and advice are always welcome.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hello all, I've been trading the Forex off and on for several years with mixed results. I recently watched a online video by Darlene Nelson on Trading the Q's. Has anyone had any personal experience with her program/method? I know there are tons of systems out there and I would really like to hear from someone who has actually used her method/or is using her method. Thanks for any help you can give me.

hi everyone,i'm just learn about forex trading last week, so rite now want to know more about it. Hope u guys can help me to get more info about forex trading

mr

:DHello everybody, I am a new member and invest in S+P mini and Forex. I am looking for an automated Forex system or trder assisted system with high return. any suggestions welcome:D

I took the time to learn what I was doing, made very few mistakes, doubled my outlay in three months, then Saxobank's trading platform went haywire and I lost £39000 for no good reason, except that you couldn't actually close any positions. When you tried it just created a new one. I have learned that you can't make any money that way (doh!) and now we need to see if we can produce the same effect for Suckso. See my cautionary tale for newbies at How You Can Lose Your Money With Saxo Bank's Incompetent Trading Software

a trader should ALWAYS read broker's reviews [and regulations], sorry you learned the hard way :rolleyes:

Howdy

Glad to be here...My first trade was in 1988. All I had was a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and a desire to make some fast money. There was a cold front approaching Texas and Florida. I was driving trucks back then and witnessed the large storm blowing across Toledo Bend Lake. About an hour later, I called my broker and told him to get me long OJ. The next five days OJ was limit up, yee ha! I made about $8K on that trade. I've been hooked ever since. I find it more difficult to make money watching the live charts. I grew up in Lufkin, Texas and know some of the Gann Family. I've been studying W.D Gann's methods for a long time. I use Ganntrader and a Natural Squares calculator plus a few other tech indicators. I need to find some traders to talk to. Few people around my home know much about the markets.
All the best,
BSTMF

Introducing Myself

Hi to all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I represent a group of esteemed investors that are very successful with forex and stock trading (our highest trade was 313% profit!). I am looking to meet people who share the same interests in investments. I would be happy to have anyone PM me that would like to discuss forex and stock trading. You can also email me. I look forward to connecting with people who are interested in these type of investments so that we can perhaps exchange useful information.

Hello,
This is to say I am thinking of making money on trading but know next to nothing. Hope you guys have some ideas on practice methods and timing. Is GBP1000 the best to start with?
from Pamela Rathbone, piano teacher and would be entrepreneur ( instead of retiring)
Croydon, Surrey

Hi everyone,

I work in supervisory capacity in New York, but now moving to London. Would like to find out other peoples perspectives, what exams I need to take to supervise trading in London from a compliance standpoint.

Introduction

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site but I have been trading on and off since September 1982 (old guy!) when I bought my first Puts on Sears Roebuck on the advice of Joe Granville (a famous market tactician at the time who invented On Balance Volume). Joe called for an extension of the bear market... but of course... da da da... wait for it... the market made a massive rally and my puts expired worthless. Lesson #1: Do your own analysis.

I have presently been day-trading for about a year. I specialize in trading options on the IShares replicating the Russell 2000 (IWM). I've tried just about every technical indicator imaginable looking for edges and for the past few months I have been very interested in Elliott, Fibonacci, Bill Irwin's Cycle, and Bill WIlliamson's Accelerator, Alligator, and Fractals.

I have also just started watching the EUR/USD - because the market day just seems to end too soon. I trade because it is huge fun, utterly fascinating, and yes - profitable.

(Friday's Dow: Wasn't that a fascinating descending ending triangle on the #5 extension? Who would have guessed that it would lead into an ascending double zigzag? I made dollars in Puts on the triangle, was too chicken to buy Calls when the triangle broke, then got faked into Puts at the end of the first zigzag.. grrrr...)

Great to be here.

Zig

Get lost n find an oasis

If the trading world is the Sahara desert, T2W can be a little oasis. Maybe.

I shall rest here for a while to feed myself with food and water.

I have the long journey to go. i might leave tomorrow or next week .
But I shall be back and visit this little oasis whenever I can.

Thanks

wizzz

Ok. just saying hello after more than 4 years here :cheesy:to ged rid of this banner:

Notices
Orion602, why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introduce Yourself thread or by asking a simple question in our First Steps forum.

Hi All
been trading4x about a year with some success, followed a link for the trading plan tempplate ( very good ) here, So I joined. Looks like a great BB.
thanx and good day

Also decided to get rid of that banner :)

Working in Tech for an IB, Equity Derivs, while dabbling with spread betting. I'd like to move to trading but its not easy to jump desks so I'm thinking of an arcade

hi all,

Just thought i would pick all of your brains. I am a business management graduate (2:1 hons) with around 2 years sales experience B2B (in london, Reading and now moved back to cardiff) and am looking at stockbroking as a career. At the moment i run my own recruitment business (Bosley International - Finance & Accounting) with 3 staff but being brutally honest i feel im working in a "non skilled" industry where anyone can do it once shown and comitted!

Yes, the money was good this year but due to the credit crunch its now a dead market and im looking at dissolving the firm at the end of the year. Secondly, i dont feel challenged enough to focus on it anymore and i really want to get qualified and move into a high value trading/sales position where im actually a proffesional. I have just turned 25 and really concerned im going to "miss the boat" so really looking for a change. I live just outside cardiff but am willing to travel to bristol and also understand i will have to take a hit on salary for the first year at least. Can anyone give me pointers, whats it really like, who i would approach, best firms to work for / firms to watch out for in cardiff, bristol etc... Also for those who are actually stockbrokers, what is a day really in your field like?

i hope all is well and thank you for reading my little rant, i hope someone can help me.

i can be emailed on [email protected]

Kind Regards

Stuart Bosley

Mr.

My name is peter Shedrach Njoku, from Nigeria, state Ebonyi.
Please i joust need your help, i don't have enough money to get into this trading, i have open an account, buth i don't have money to deposite. please help me