Sticky Introduce Yourself

I've had a $3000 'lesson' and it made me realise that I was doing everything wrong, so I am glad it happened, although $1000 would have been better ! I'm not going back to the market until I see atleast a full week of profit. It is amazing how much easier it is to trade on paper, as soon as it is live, it's kind of hard to think straight .... I have to get over that part.

Introduction

Hi,

Well, I keep getting nagged to make a first post - so here goes:D

I live in France, but have a portfolio of LSE stocks which have performed reasonably well. I'm looking to add an element of trading to my overall market activity - and probably trade on the US markets rather than London.

I value the information in these forums to help me learn what works and what doesn't.

Revel

Hi there

hi every body i have just joined this forum to enhance my knowledge on technicals and to become a disciplined trader hpoe tu learn a lot from here

Hi there my name is andrew from singapore.

I m a trader too and like to meet all of you in aharing knowlegde

By the way do u use mt4 to trade

Hi there

I'm new. I've signed up for a forex webinar for next week. How long is the learning curve for a fairly smart gal? They have a practice platform and I wonder if you can get a feel for it through doing that. I've been trading stocks on Scottrade for a year and done well despite the market , but STILL would like to do even better. I'm unemployed and would like to keep myself afloat till the right job comes, so need to make more profits and do it wisely. How is everybody doing? IS it better to have someone do the picks or study all the details for a few hours a day and make your own decisions?

janieg

Hi my name is Andrew HOr from Singapore.
I am learning to trade as well.

By the way wat do u major in your trade.
ie Stocks or Options or Forex........

Hi to all of you.

I have been registered on this forum for quite awhile but read the postings only.

Over the last 3 years have done some market investing with good degrees of success. Used for charting a very good & expensive soft (Esignal).
Done some $ costly mistakes, too - excellent life lesson I would say - and landed on the reality grounds :eek:)

A good friend of mine had an "amazing" trip with the so featured bankrupted Neuimex broker; since then, we enjoyed only the demo side of the Fx war zone.

After some heavily & compounded brainstorming I decided to go live with a U.K. regulated ECN broker.
Hotspot FX- Client Money Protection

Despite the fact I like Metatrader, due to some problems this software gives on the live side of trading, I will use it as a charting package, only.
See MT4 Brokers' Virtual Dealer Plug-In

Anyway, looking forward to have a good time around you guys, and get some extra Wisdom from all of you.

Thanks
JR

Last edited:
I am a new member with a lot of experience in commodities. Mostly Hedeging, some specutlation with 30 year bonds. Had severe health problems and retired from farming and trading. Recently I have become interested in day and swing trading the forex market. Opened a demo account some 7-8 months ago. Found out that my way of trading did not work on forex. Have just not started having some success in forex. Looking for new ideas on forex and am willing to share anything I have that may be of value.
MCHILL

Hi.. I am Pratap Baskey and previously I used to work in an Commodity Exchange. I am planning to open my own commodity trading desk and will taking valuable notes from you all people's experience in Forex. I'll be also contributing whatever that looks relevant to me.

Hi my name is Andrew HOr from Singapore.
I am learning to trade as well.

By the way wat do u major in your trade.
ie Stocks or Options or Forex........

Hi Andrew,

So far I've been in the stock market and done relatively well given the economy and whacky market. Now I'd like to cautiously go into forex trading, but first it looks like I need to practice a lot first. I wonder if there is some model I can use that is really good and doesn't require alot of research time on my part. Like, what about Jack Crooks from Sovereign Nation. I've read his credentials and he sounds legite, but is his program a scam?? I know you're a newbie, but maybe you've been researching this type of thing too.
Thanks, Janie

Good evening all. A brief hello from myself in the UK. I am looking for advice on companies such as GFT, tips on how to spot major market moves, whats best to monitor, candles, temas, stocks? Well, hope to pick up some great guidence and advice from a very complete and compitent site.

Best Regards

Stuart

Hey People, Im Steve from Exeter and joined this site to read about other peoples trading experiences and to hopefully pick up some valuable info. I mainly trade equity spead bets but dabble in other spreads as well.

Hi all,

I'm fourth year student in France, majoring in Finance. I'm very interested in trading, but I haven't got any significant experience yet. I only participated in some contests at school and did some paper trading.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in this forum.

Hien

Hi

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one to introduce myself, i`m currently looking into day trading for a living, and thought here would be a good place to start, any pointers and advice would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

XT

please my name is paul and i want if anybody could offer information about One forex investment corporation in panama city. Any iformation concerning the coy and their area of operation will be appreciated.

thank you

hello

Hi!
I'm new to t2w... have been trading off and on for a few years....
Work with QuoteTracker and TDAmeritrade
and look for stocks between 5 and 15 dollars, with an average daily trading volume of around 5 million... with good momentum.
Currently holding CPSL and looking at MITI, FINL, and PALM

So happy trading to you all !:)

Hi,

I'm new to trade2win.com and have been mostly doing demos in currency trading now for about 6 months or so. I am looking for some major money management info. And what people are using for a risk/reward ratio?

This is an awesome site by the way!!!

Thanks
pirahnas

Hello All

Hey everyone,
Im Dean and Im here to learn as much as I can about trading Forex. As of this moment I know almost nill. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I took the time to learn what I was doing, made very few mistakes, doubled my outlay in three months, then Saxobank's trading platform went haywire and I lost £39000 for no good reason, except that you couldn't actually close any positions. When you tried it just created a new one. I have learned that you can't make any money that way (doh!) and now we need to see if we can produce the same effect for Suckso. See my cautionary tale for newbies at How You Can Lose Your Money With Saxo Bank's Incompetent Trading Software