Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello all ,
I am JYDE 34.
JUST LEFT JOB TO FOCUS FULL TIME ON TRADING .5 YEARS EXPERENCE ..SHAKING !! HAVE I DONE THE MADE CORRECT DECISION..TIME WILL TELL

Hi all, my name is Tayo and I am 31. I am completely new to trading and looking to learn as much as I can, so I can take share in the stock market:D. Would appreciate help I can get to get me where I wanna be

Changing Careers

I am Alex, 37, live in outer london...have 18 months trading experience in my belt, still learning and working hard. Before trading, i was in business to business electronics industry for nearly a decade. Managed to switch career to trading was my happiest moment in life...but life is no honeymoon thereafter. I trade uk equities and hope to leverage my skills into derivatives when such opportunities available. Like many of you, i see bright-light at the end of the tunnel...that's the direction i am heading.

New to trade2win and I do find the website informative. My salute to the people behind trade2win for building a library of trading resources.

Alex - I'm also in my 30's and looking to 'change careers' from financial advisor to trader (as I spend a lot of my spare time trading) - Can I ask how you went about this ? Did you start working for a company, or for yourself ? Are you self trained, or did you go on a trading course? The reason I ask is that a lot of people seem to enter this occupation after university, but there must be a wealth of people who go into this business further down their career ?

THanks James

Hello! This is Futures101. Nice to meet you all here!

I am an active trader/investor in the futures markets. I do the S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell 2000, Hang Seng, Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead, Wheat, Corn, Soybeans, Sugar, Coffee, Cotton, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swiss Frac, British Pound, Euro FX, and Japanese Yen.

I am a fund manager of a private investment fund. I live in the UK and was born in Malaysia.

Alongside my trading/investing in the futures market, I run a blog that predicted the current US recession back in September 2007, called the Dow 14,100 bull trap back in October 2007, and has managed to maintain a consistent record of winners that I am personally quite satisfied with. Readers of my blog have become rather demanding and wanting me to post my entries and exits. I thought why not? Therefore, I have started to post not only my trading/investing ideas, but also my entries and exits, and will be doing likewise here in this forum.

All the best!
Futures101
Trade Bursa Malaysia

Hi Futures101,

are you a fundamental or technical trader? Do you trade all these markets at the same time and all on an institutional basis? Would you consider yourself a trader or an investor (how long do you keep your positions open)?

Regards
Jay

HEllo my name is Cathal. I have been trading for about 1 year. I have had mixed results. I am now doing a Course on Commoditiy Trading.

hi my name is andy and am very interested in entering into the investment market and be a full time investor in a years time.

new to t2w

First, I don't know if I am doing this right, never posted to a message board before.
I am 50 and have been trading options for the last 3 years, did ok up until the end of last summer when the market started going crazy. I started looking at the forex about a year ago. I now know this is the way to go. I apply my options trading skills and my technical analysis, to the forex. I used to try to take 50-100 pips at a time. Didn't do so well, I now skim about 5, 10,15 pips at a time and I find that to be my best trading. I might leave some pips on the table when I get out. At least I can walk to the bank with money in my pocket not the brokers. Once in awhile I will be in the trade longer, never more than a day.

Alan C.

This is a new sticky thread in the General Trading Chat forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any question related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use following thread, which is targeted specifically to new members and existing members posting for the first time:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/29112-ask-any-trading-related-question.html

New to Spreadbetting

Hi, I found the forum a couple of weeks ago, im currently looking into spread betting i've trade some FTSE 100 and AIM shares in the past with limited success. Before opening an account I am studying charts and techical anaylis. I want to do end of day trading to start any help and advice is much appriceated.

Thnaks!!! (y)

Hi to all, glad to join this community,
Special warning Be Ware of ****** VAGGELIS VOLWTAS ******** this person is a big FRAUD from Greece, he claims he has Trading Software DVDs but all this are lies. He use Money Grham and Western Union, Please DONT SEND HIM ANY MONEY.

hello gang, new to this all. 27 year old male who has stuck around in the sales environment since as long as i can remember! currently stuck in a dead end job which is really annoying. I am not looking to drive a ferrari or live in a million pound house. I just want to earn circa 40-50k a year. is it possible? or am i barking up the wrong tree?!?!

look forward to hearing from you guys and gals as well as being able to learn.

Hi to all, glad to join this community,
Special warning Be Ware of ****** VAGGELIS VOLWTAS ******** this person is a big FRAUD from Greece, he claims he has Trading Software DVDs but all this are lies. He use Money Grham and Western Union, Please DONT SEND HIM ANY MONEY.

I think a possible lesson there is to only buy original software from a reputable manufacturer, and you wont ever have this kind of problem.

hi, im leroy

has anybody heard of or had dealings with a company called Woodbridge Asset Management?
I have been approached by them(cold called) and been offered a Circle Oil position. I have seen they are being investigated by the Met/FSA!
Anybody had similar?

rookie

hello fellow traders i have been following the forex market for some time but have never done any trading just a lookyloo. all the info out there can be very overwelhming. maybe thats why i have always walked away. i read to much and get very frustrated. any way i am here to try. so thats about it . p.s. have you heard about trading ETFs?

Hello world of T2W

Just a quick note to say hello to you all and to add my support to the good work you are all doing.

I am a physics graduate with a logical mind which i have for the past 10 years devoted to the art of software programming. I am a real Newbie and have only just started looking at investing some of my hard earned money in the markets.

A bit of background on why i am here and what i hope to achieve. Basically a m8 of mine was telling me about how he was making money on the side of his day to day job by doing a bit of trading (Hi Matt A.K.A Innovation). This got me thinking as he also mentioned that he would in the not so distant future like to take up trading as his sole source of income, which would give him the flexibility to work from home and spend more time with his family.

My wife and i have literally just last week had our second child (a boy if it matters to any of you) and i realised that my daily commute from the midlands to London would seriously impact on the time i will get to spend watching him grow up. So i thought i would see if i have the aptitude to follow in my m8 steps and devote some time to understanding the markets.

Soooooooo, if any of you out there have a book list which you think would accelerate my learning it would be much appreciated.

bye 4 now.

Hello everyone,my name is Aaron I am new to the community of t2w.I have been trading for a year and a half so I am new to the world of trading as well,but have have fell head over heels for it.I study absolutly anything I can about technical analysis and place swing trades when I can (usually after work in the after noon).I live in New York and will love to hear from anybody with experience in trading systems in stocks and futures.:cool:

I am glad to see someone in their 30s just got into trading. I am very interestested in going into it. I have been doing much research.
How did you get into it. Did you do a training programme??

Let me know I want to make a career change!!!

I am Alex, 37, live in outer london...have 18 months trading experience in my belt, still learning and working hard. Before trading, i was in business to business electronics industry for nearly a decade. Managed to switch career to trading was my happiest moment in life...but life is no honeymoon thereafter. I trade uk equities and hope to leverage my skills into derivatives when such opportunities available. Like many of you, i see bright-light at the end of the tunnel...that's the direction i am heading.

New to trade2win and I do find the website informative. My salute to the people behind trade2win for building a library of trading resources.