Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi All,

My name is Matt, currently live in London. 27 years old. Hold down a full time job that is totally unrelated to trading or the financial world. I am interested in making money as a trader, but more importantly to learn! That's really what I'm interested in- the markets, why and how shares go up/down, the complexity behind it, this partly stems from my curiousity around hedge funds (couldn't understand how hedge fund managers were walking away with $1bil year on year).

But before I think about the more complex instruments out there I thought I would try to learn about the basics of markets/trading. In the process to also make some money if I learn right!

So many thanks for allowing me to be part of T2W!

Hello All,

the reason i have joined this group is to see if anyone else has been taken down by Morgan Financial advisors?

cheers

take a look at the "boiler room scams" thread. I think you'll find details about Morgan and plenty of other scams there too.

Hello All,
My name is Arry, from Indonesia, since I am a newbie in trading forex, I wish to discuss with all members in T2W for some great trading idea, tools, broker, etc.
Straight to the point, using DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) server for example from MT4 to Excel, it will generate tick data for Bid, Ask, etc. I would like to convert this tick data to 1 minute, 5 minute, etc to be used by other charting software. I read few discussion about hypertrade to convert data, but currently no more available. Thanks in advance if someone have experience about this.

Hi everyone.Im from Zagreb Croatia.Newbie in forex,still learning.I have expirience with stocks and funds in balkana and BRIC area.Love soccer and hockey.Cheers, mry.

Hi there

I am Tahir. Based in new Delhi, Inida.
I have been dabbling with Technical Analysis and using Metastock and Advanced Get extensively.

I have developed Index Trading algorithms using Gann, Fibonacci and Standard Deviations, which assure a mimimum of 40 % returns on an annual basis.

I can share it with you all.

Write to me at [email protected].

Tahir

Lets start new thread for your idea

Hi Tahir,

Welcome to the forum, to share your idea, you may create a new thread, example Trading with Gann, Fibonacci and Std Dev. You may put from basic one for each and then the combined one.

I am using some software to find the optimal indicator sets (not yet for drawing tool).

Please explain for which commodity your trading strategy will be applied (forex or stock).

Thank you for your kinds to share it.

Index

Hi Tahir,

Welcome to the forum, to share your idea, you may create a new thread, example Trading with Gann, Fibonacci and Std Dev. You may put from basic one for each and then the combined one.

I am using some software to find the optimal indicator sets (not yet for drawing tool).

Please explain for which commodity your trading strategy will be applied (forex or stock).

Thank you for your kinds to share it.

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

The concept that I have works best on Index Trading. I have tested it on 10 year data for DOW, FTSE, NIkkei and Nifty (India). I actively trade the Nifty presently.

Tahir

New in the Forum

Hi everybody. My name is Edgar and live in Mississauga, Canada. I have been day-trading for eight years. I trade ER2 only and use my own combination of indicators to develop my entry and exit signals within Sierra charts. For sure I am going to learn a lot from my fellow traders experience. Good luck for all.

Introduction

My name is Jeremiah, just making a search through google, got to this site and liked some of the things i read. I am looking to finding a profitable trading strategy in what ever form.

My regards to all old and new

thanks

Hey everyone. My name is Jordan, I live in Minnesota. I have a couple years trading experience. I guess I'm here to learn a little bit more and share what I know. Hope to see you all around the forum.

Welcome

Welcome Jeremiah.
I would suggest you make your own reasearch. Trading could be simple but no easy. There a lot of good ideas in this forum that can help you. After learning here and there you will be able to develop your own trading system, for three or four securities, that you would first test with a demo software for a couple of months before risking your hard earned money.
If you have a specific question let me know it.
Good Luck
Edgar

My name is Jeremiah, just making a search through google, got to this site and liked some of the things i read. I am looking to finding a profitable trading strategy in what ever form.

My regards to all old and new

thanks

I have been absent for quite a while and am very pleased to see that the site is blooming. I used to day trade but times have changed and I now position trade within a sipp with an appropriate eye on risk/reward and with asset management uppermost. I feel that it is approprate to re-introduce myself because I have been missing for so long. I am in a beautiful part of the uk and am/have been an active member of another trading site. I used to use updata when actively trading but can no longer justify the high cost and am happy with sharescope eod. I would say that I am a technical trader but also go with my intuition and my style is quite contrarian

My best tip would be not to follow any `guru` and to try and be objective and keep emotion out of trading

HI there, new member here!
Good morning everyone, my name is Dalen and I came across this forum looking for info on day trading. I have been buying stock and investing my money since I was old enough at 16.. I have done quite well with the majority of my portfolio, about 15-30% a year having most of my money in several precious metals and other mutual funds. I have always been intrigued with the business of day trading, and I would love to learn more. I am self employed at the age of 23 running my own online advertising business from home. It requires no more then 3 hours of work a day (any time of the day) from me, leaving me with a lot of extra time. I am here to absorb as much knowledge and share experiences so hopefully I can one day be a successful trader. Seeing how I am already in front of the computer from 7am on, what better way to learn a new source of income online. I am only going to use paper for now, but ideally I would love to learn all scopes and areas of trading before 'playing' with 10% of my money.

Anyways, thanks for reading, but I must go back to reading and trolling for info!

Regards,

Dalen

Hi All ! I am James in Jakarta...I am new to T2W and hope to to learn plenty from all my friends from T2W . I currently trade the Indonesian and Malaysian stocks but would like to learn more about other countries' stock market. I also trade the stock indexes like Hang Seng, Nikkei and sometimes in the Forex markets as well through the local brokers in Jakarta. I hope to find a broker who uses the MT4 platform for indexes and forex .... which currently is available through some jakarta brokers... but their spreads are rather wide and executions inefficient which result in atrocious slippage!

I would be great if anyone could recommend a good broker with a good platform through personal experience using it. I am testing out the Northern Finance MT4 platform for forex currently.... tried Crown Forex previously but found that it has quite frequent downtime ..... which is quite scary even though it offers tight spreads of 1 pip. Greatly appreciate any useful info from everyone.....Cheers to everyone !!!

Hi, I am Benjamin, 58, from Wisconsin...I worked most of my life around the Chicago land area and suburbs. Moved up to Wisconsin to get away from the rat race. Ive been trading for 14 years and now trade from home, full time. I trade Bonds, Mini S&Ps, Mini Dow and other commodities at times when the setup is right. Trading as everyone knows is a never ending learning expeirence. If I buy a trading book and get one good trick or idea, it was worth the price. Im new to Trade2win and look foreward to meeting and learning from others...I cant find another trader, up here in the North Woods.

Hi,

I am Bangun from Banjarmasin, Indonesia. I have been trading, firstly Indonesian Stock Exchange for a couple of years and now mainly focused on Foreign Exchange markets. I have been trading & studying foreign exchange market for over one and a half year.

I have huge interest on trading system development (esp. pure mechanical trading system development).

If you happen to have some spare time, visit my trading blog at Bangun Imanullah's Blog and share your comments, suggestions or ideas.

Great success for all! (As how Borat said it)

Hello!

Hello! This is Futures101. Nice to meet you all here!

I am an active trader/investor in the futures markets. I do the S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell 2000, Hang Seng, Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead, Wheat, Corn, Soybeans, Sugar, Coffee, Cotton, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swiss Frac, British Pound, Euro FX, and Japanese Yen.

I am a fund manager of a private investment fund. I live in the UK and was born in Malaysia.

Alongside my trading/investing in the futures market, I run a blog that predicted the current US recession back in September 2007, called the Dow 14,100 bull trap back in October 2007, and has managed to maintain a consistent record of winners that I am personally quite satisfied with. Readers of my blog have become rather demanding and wanting me to post my entries and exits. I thought why not? Therefore, I have started to post not only my trading/investing ideas, but also my entries and exits, and will be doing likewise here in this forum.

All the best!
Futures101
Trade Bursa Malaysia

Hi Everyone,
I am newbie although have been trading for a few years but now have more time. I am like everyone always tring to find new indicators. Have an AIQ EOD programme but also enjoy spreadbetting and looking for appropriate indicators, combinations, timescales mainly on indices.

RT