Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all - I've been swing trading for a few years and day trading since June last year. I only trade US stocks which means I can trade for 6 hours/day while still holding down my job (luckily I work from home in Derbyshire).

Looking forwards to exploring this community!

Hi all - I've been swing trading for a few years and day trading since June last year. I only trade US stocks which means I can trade for 6 hours/day while still holding down my job (luckily I work from home in Derbyshire).

Looking forwards to exploring this community!
Hi Jonny, if you are interested in chatting please let me know. I'm a full time UK trader. Thanks bull.

Hi all, I’m brand new to trading in fact not even started yet. Unfortunately I was made redundant from a career in the adult education/fitness industry and my own adult education business went under in lockdown and my mental health suffered massively. I doubt I’ll ever work for anyone else again, I’m about to start buying and selling cars and I have a lot of spare time to start trading to see how it goes.

After watch hundreds of videos on YouTube I opened a interactive brokers stock ISA hoping I could leave the ISA there and day trade all in 1 place just to find out you need £25, 000 to day trade!! Which I don’t have liquid, not the best start so I’ll need lots of help. Hopefully you are all patient I’ll have lots of questions!!

Hi all, I’m brand new to trading in fact not even started yet. Unfortunately I was made redundant from a career in the adult education/fitness industry and my own adult education business went under in lockdown and my mental health suffered massively. I doubt I’ll ever work for anyone else again, I’m about to start buying and selling cars and I have a lot of spare time to start trading to see how it goes.

After watch hundreds of videos on YouTube I opened a interactive brokers stock ISA hoping I could leave the ISA there and day trade all in 1 place just to find out you need £25, 000 to day trade!! Which I don’t have liquid, not the best start so I’ll need lots of help. Hopefully you are all patient I’ll have lots of questions!!
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hi,

If you are UK based, you can trade shares fro a stocks and shares ISA on the UK market only. I take it you are referring to the US markets regarding needing £25k to trade, as you might be referring to the day trading pattern rule if memory serves correctly.

Hi,

If you are UK based, you can trade shares fro a stocks and shares ISA on the UK market only. I take it you are referring to the US markets regarding needing £25k to trade, as you might be referring to the day trading pattern rule if memory serves correctly.
Hi bulltraderpt,

Yes I’m in the UK. I’ve just changed my account over on interactive brokers to a individual cash account so they’ve said now I should be able to trade UK and US stock and fractional shares globally. I’m finding it a bit clunky to navigate tbh and the deposits take 4 days to clear!!
I think I need to potentially find another broker, I’d be interested to see which brokers people are using on here for this?

Hi bulltraderpt,

Yes I’m in the UK. I’ve just changed my account over on interactive brokers to a individual cash account so they’ve said now I should be able to trade UK and US stock and fractional shares globally. I’m finding it a bit clunky to navigate tbh and the deposits take 4 days to clear!!
I think I need to potentially find another broker, I’d be interested to see which brokers people are using on here for this?
Morning Johnh77,

I use ii.co.uk. I trade off my ISA account, which is allowed, this is great for full time UK traders as you know the pitfalls going into it. There are these as a provider as well as IG index. IG index are cheaper I think for trades, but the more volume you put through with ii, the better the rate they will give you.

I use IG for alerts. Any other questions, give me a shout. Cheers!

Hi everyone, I’m an Italian living and working in London.
I’ve started being interested in trading four years ago and I had some experience in trading cryptocurrencies (only position trading, nothing fancy). I’d like to know more about stocks trading in general and manage an open stocks ISA.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Let me introduce myself, I have been an independent trader for about 8 years who have been operating on the markets, mainly on cfds. I mainly work with automatic systems of our creation, we have developed up to now 4/5 with excellent performances, above all to have a good diversification of the portfolio. Obviously I also translate manually. It was a pleasure to make this brief introduction. See you soon and good trading to all.

Attachments

• EA MONSTER 2023 211%.png
    EA MONSTER 2023 211%.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi, my name is Andrea and I’m from Italy.

I’m 32 years old and I’m interested in trading since i was 14th. I wasted a lot of time I know but in the meantime I graduated in mechanical engineering.

I studied something about trading and I trading crypto since 2015. Mainly my strategy is based on buy and hold because I have bad management in day trading.

I hope to meet the right content to improve my approach to the latter is to become a better trader.

Hi all.
I have been trading for about 20 years but never full time and on and off.
51yrs of age.
The money that can be made (and lost) from trading has never been my primary interest, I'm more into the rules, scripts, analysis and backtesting of such a complex environment.
I've used many tools over the years; Weathlab, Amibroker, RightEdge, Tradedecision, Neuroshell, and many more.
My 'trading eduction' has been an expensive one (ha!) - I even used VantagePoint at one time.

I am now more interested in trading as a main source of income only because I no longer actually need to make a lot of money - age does have it's benefits!
With that in mind I am getting back into the development of models to trade with.
My most successful model I ever built was a AUD forex model (MLP Neural network) that used correlations across a number of lagged log returns from different markets. I am going to rebuild it in Python (or R) and share the progress on T2W for anyone interested.

Thanks