Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone, i have just signed up to T2W, have been trading for a few months but am looking forward to learning on here!!

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Adam and I'm from the UK.
Looking to learn anything and everything to try and improve my trading consistency. Mainly trading FX at the moment but that might change.

Cheers!
Hi, am also new. Let's hope we can learn lots on here

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.
hi you all
I'm a stock trader, been trading for 2 years now. I love patterns and TA, and using Bookmap as my supplementary tool for convictions.
success to all

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I was at the board, thought I would start again with my intro.
I've been a member since 2003, yes that long involved with trading, or trying to, my journey has been a very difficult one, losing and blowing accounts all the time, I would have been worth more if I had just saved every penny I invested than traded it, but there would be no challenge in that.
I am getting results now, staying with it does pay, if not a little financially, the psychology of being able to succeed or sustain, and I use this loosely, if far greater reward, we are constantly telling ourselves how bad we are, we will never make it but believe me it can be done, not that I'm any guru, we are only one streak of bad decisions from going back the start.
I would like to thank Trade2Win for the birthday message they send me every year, thanks, Robert

Hi im Thato and im a partially profitable daytrader from South Africa. Im in need of other daytraders to help support our trading journey

Hello myself Shiv from India. I am into forex trading from last 8+ years. Looking forward to contribute to this forum :)
Cheers.

Hi all,

I joined this site today.

I have a limited knowledge of trading. Years ago I had dabbled with candlesticks with Big Charts and some other web site I cannot remember now. I know that I need a lot more discipline and a lot more knowledge to succeed.

Here's to success, I wish you (and me) all the success, in all it's forms.

Hi,

I am Eric Sullivan from Argentina. I am 30 years old, and used to be a full time online poker player. My goal is to learn as much as I can about trading as I find it really similar in certain aspects to poker. Now I am reading as many books as I can and trying to gather all the info that makes sense for me. This reminds me so much from twoplustwo poker forums :)

Hi my name is Tim and Im relatively new to investment. I have made a couple of investments with property bonds and one with a sports trading company. I look forward to reading everyones advice and posts

Hi All,

I've been a member since 2005 and this is my first post. I began trading professionally in 1997 - FX, stocks, indices, ETFs, oil, gold, silver and never looked back. I began trading BTC in 2015. There you go!

Hi All,

I've been a member since 2005 and this is my first post. I began trading professionally in 1997 - FX, stocks, indices, ETFs, oil, gold, silver and never looked back. I began trading BTC in 2015. There you go!
14 years to make your first post, that must be a record :)

Guess you've been pretty successful then. Any tips for us novices?

14 years to make your first post, that must be a record :)

Guess you've been pretty successful then. Any tips for us novices?

Hi DT5,

The most import tip is to always manage risk, especially when dealing with leverage on instruments like FX and pay attention to margin as it's become more restrictive - and watch overnight positions because SWAPS can eat away at your account. And for these reasons I prefer short duration trades when dealing FX.

The easiest way to make money is in stocks especially buy and hold. Most of the time I keep running positions for 2-4 months, (unless there's a bull run) and then look for other stocks that show promise. A method that I have found profitable and trouble free is splitting equity between many stocks in equal dollar amounts. Example: The total account size is $10K ... so I'd split that amount among 20 stocks allocating $500 per stock. Best is to buy stocks which are trending upwards and carry dividends. And you can leave the account run and add more money to the account (if you've got a day job).

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions.

Hi DT5,

The most import tip is to always manage risk, especially when dealing with leverage on instruments like FX and pay attention to margin as it's become more restrictive - and watch overnight positions because SWAPS can eat away at your account. And for these reasons I prefer short duration trades when dealing FX.

The easiest way to make money is in stocks especially buy and hold. Most of the time I keep running positions for 2-4 months, (unless there's a bull run) and then look for other stocks that show promise. A method that I have found profitable and trouble free is splitting equity between many stocks in equal dollar amounts. Example: The total account size is $10K ... so I'd split that amount among 20 stocks allocating $500 per stock. Best is to buy stocks which are trending upwards and carry dividends. And you can leave the account run and add more money to the account (if you've got a day job).

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks for that very informative answer. I don't really do stocks but am always open to new ideas. Sounds it could be less frantic than Forex....

Thanks for that very informative answer. I don't really do stocks but am always open to new ideas. Sounds it could be less frantic than Forex....

Welcome. It takes years of practice to become profitable dealing in FX - and I refer to the majority of traders, not the one offs. I've watched 1,000s upon 1,000s of traders lose their entire account only to open new accounts and do more of the same. Trading stocks will make you more disciplined and teach you how not to over leverage your account. If you've got a day job then I would strongly recommend you go with the example I listed in the previous reply. You know off hand the risk: when the stock goes to zero you've lost that trade, but your entire equity risk is stretched over 20 stocks and if you pick trending stocks I guarantee you'll be profitable by the end of the year. Another word of advice - nothing beats a bull run to make money, so long as you're a buyer.

I was with T2W 2007 made a few posts then but have moved a couple of times , lost login s emails etc. I am now back on board, hopefully I can glean some trading ideas or perhaps make some useful comments / suggestions along the line!