Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello guys and girls,
I'm new here, but not new to trading :) I am paper trading for about 3-4 months for now and it is time to move further on real account.
So, today is my first day of trading. A bit nervous, but let's see. Later on i will create my daytrading topic to share my experience while going though trading US equities.

Wish everyone a good day :)

Hello everyone!

I joined this site years ago with good intentions but gave up on the idea of trading pretty quickly at that time.

I've decided to come back to it now as I have a nice settled day job and have the time to give to developing a new skill and practice paper trading etc.

I'm gonna start with the beginner threads and articles. If you have some advice for someone who is not in a hurry and wishes to start right please let me know!

Best wishes

Hello everyone,

I have started trading full time two months ago planning to make a living out of it (I know how crazy and against the odd it might sound ;-) ). I am taking it very seriously but very carefully at the same time.

As a newbie I hope I could benefit from the tips and experience of season traders in this board.

Wish you all a great day.

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.
HI I am TraderJanie and I have trading site that runs algorithms that scan the US equity market each night and then posts the signals the next day.

I would love to know more about what drives traders. What stands in their way of getting to that place called "consistently successful."

I've been trading for 20 years and have been through a lot - 1999/2000 financial meltdown and the 2008 crisis - and have learned a lot.

Hi all. I'm currently piecing it all together. Have come to the conclusion I'm more suited to scalping than taking longer positions.
My methodology - Get with the day time-frame trend and scalp momentum. It's working so far... I'm using youtube to keep a record of my trades to review. Will be interesting to revisit in a few months time.

Hello everybody, My name is Quang and i come from Vietnam.
I have known forex for 6 years and actually trade actively for 6 month to now. I am very happy to be here and learn more knowledge.

Hi everyone I am Faxwell Matthew.. It feels awesome to join a community of like minded and constructive traders like you all.
I have been developing my trading psychology recently, that’s when I came across this forum through a book

Hey everyone, Gedigan here (old english verb - to survive).

I've been trading for quite a while, not a newbie. ok Live in Denver CO. read charts with Wyckoff methodology. Have a day job I love, that keeps me pretty busy. Mostly trading currencies & Indices, as well as anything with a decent setup at one time or another. Look forward to sharing my charts and helping anyone interested in price action trading, with what little knowledge I posses.

Cheers
Wy - Gedigan

Hi, I'm Noel a 68-year-old but mega enthusiastic newbie trader from Bournemouth on the South coast of England.

I first became interested in bitcoin last October when I watched my cryptocurrency investment go from £18,000 right up to £60,000 in three months. Knowing absolutely nothing about technical analysis I then proceeded to watch my account go all the way down to about £14,000.

Now that I have started learning about the importance of identifying downtrends and uptrends using moving averages I realise how just a tiny bit of knowledge would have prevented me from relinquishing all my profits. Over the last few months I have listened to scores of investment and trading podcasts which I find totally intriguing and absorbing and cannot imagine a more worthy and rewarding way to spend my leisure time well into the future.

I have every confidence in the unique and huge possibilities open to all of us who are willing to take the time to learn and absorb knowledge of the trading strategies and psychology necessary to become a successful trader. By my own admittance, I reckon to be a slow learner but I'm nothing if not tenacious and giving up to me is never an option.

I also have an aging Aunt and Uncle who have considerable self-administered investment portfolios. Following the 25% downtrend in the stock market, they are distraught at what they see as 'losing so much money.' I would dearly like to be able to be able to show them the possibilities open to them for profitable trading rather than merely investing and watching their chosen stocks go up and then helplessly watch them go down again. From my limited knowledge, I can see that trading can beat investing hands down.

When I backtest various charts I can see for myself the potential gains possible from using even simple indicators which gives me great confidence as to my future trading performance. I am familiar with trading cryptos on Binance and using Trading View for paper trading conventional stocks.

I would really appreciate a recommendation for a platform and exchange for trading conventional stocks preferably one which allows me to use a trailing stop loss.

I am particularly interested in proving that an old dog of 68 can learn new tricks which I hope will inspire others who may have erroneously imagined that they were too old.

Very many thanks for allowing me to join your forum on which I hope to be an active and enthusiastic member.

Last edited:
I would love to know more about what drives traders. What stands in their way of getting to that place called "consistently successful."

I've been trading for 20 years and have been through a lot - 1999/2000 financial meltdown and the 2008 crisis - and have learned a lot.
Hi Jane, I felt compelled to answer your open question of what drives traders. First and foremost the passion driving me into trading, albeit as a novice, is that I am bullishly optimistic regarding the possibilities open to us all regarding really useful financial gains. In addition to this, I am fascinated by the whole concept of being able to make a make a living from home just by sitting behind a keyboard and trying to make sense of all the charts and indicators. I also have a keen interest in conveying any of my knowledge and enthusiasm onto other people especially those who may have given up hope of ever achieving financial freedom from or in addition to the day job. My other passion in life is real estate and I like nothing better than inspiring others into the possibilities of passive income through property.

Amongst a multitude of UTubers which I listen to avidly my favourites are 'Chat with Traders' (about 70 podcasts) and the engaging 43-year-old billionaire trader from Singapore, Adam Khoo.

Hello. I have not long started to trade stocks and on the forum in order to find friends who trade on the thinkorswim platform. I would be grateful if you tell me where I could find information on this platform on the forum, and most importantly scripts for searching for stocks
Hi Igor,
I wanted to start trading on thinkorswim after watching a video by Philakone, a long time and successful crypto scalper, who wanted to enter the conventional stock market whilst cryptos were less volatile. Unfortunately, I was told that as I am in the UK I cannot trade on this platform. Trading View has a pretty good free screener which indicates buys and strong buys which you may find useful for stock picking.

Hello everyone,

I have started trading full time two months ago planning to make a living out of it (I know how crazy and against the odd it might sound ;-) ). I am taking it very seriously but very carefully at the same time.

As a newbie I hope I could benefit from the tips and experience of season traders in this board.

Wish you all a great day.
Hi tiny, I'm another newbie trader here, only part-time, but have every confidence that those who have the tenacity and enthusiasm for trading will be successful and profitable. From my limited knowledge, lots of the technical analysis is really making a lot of sense and in performing backtesting I can see the possibilities of very healthy gains.

Very New Newbie here

Hi guys / girls - London here. Just pondering if I should delve in Forex as I head towards retirement!
Hi Fortune, I have known a guy of 58 for the last five years. He has a full-time job and is making about 8% per month trading Forex. His ambition is to keep on adding to his funds so that he is able to give up his day job and do Forex full time, which will only take him a couple of hours a day.