Sticky Introduce Yourself

I just joined this forum. Hello everyone!
I started day trading in 2007. Have been trading off and on until last year with only losses. This March I have decided to give this a try again. Looking forward to get my losses back some day and also to become a full time day trader. Thanks for reading. This is the first forum I have joined. I am based in the US.

Last edited:
Hi, just joined this forum on a bright and sunny Sunday morning in May.

I've reached a point in my life (age 43) where I no longer wish to be a wage slave, working shifts and generally being underpaid for my skills. I've never traded anything before in my life but am willing to put in the ground work to re-train my skill set to becoming a trader.

I would genuinely appreciate help and direction from more experienced persons than I in where to start, which books offer knowledge and wisdom in what looks from the outside as an incredibly tricky and "black magic" way of earning a living !!!

Any and all responses gratefully received. I believe in a positive mental attitude, wishing you all a happy Sunday from the UK :)

Hello all,

We are from bigtradesforex.in. we are looking to hire two people for handle our Facebook page and our twitter page.

Kindly send you details, experience and expected salaries.

Thank you,

Bigtradesforex.in

Hi Ben!

Hi, just joined this forum on a bright and sunny Sunday morning in May.

I've reached a point in my life (age 43) where I no longer wish to be a wage slave, working shifts and generally being underpaid for my skills. I've never traded anything before in my life but am willing to put in the ground work to re-train my skill set to becoming a trader.

I would genuinely appreciate help and direction from more experienced persons than I in where to start, which books offer knowledge and wisdom in what looks from the outside as an incredibly tricky and "black magic" way of earning a living !!!

Any and all responses gratefully received. I believe in a positive mental attitude, wishing you all a happy Sunday from the UK :)

So Ben, What made you pick this line of work? Did you get some training? I had signed up with a company in 2007 to learn the basics. All the best!

Last edited:
Hello

Hello to the community,

It looks like a great group.I look forward to the exchange of thoughts and ideas.

What are you most curious about to begin with?

Hey there Day007Trader,

Cheers for the reply. I guess I'm keen to see different peoples trading approach as a whole. The was they interact with the market, their methodology, trade management etc.

Still getting familiar with the site, but I hope to begin interacting in the forum soon.

:cheesy:

Morning

I've been looking for something for a while that will allow me the freedom to work from home and that will allow eventually I hope to be in a secure financial position. How have you found this website helpful in your quest to understand the nature of trading ? I have been following some training dvds from a guy called Martin Cole ? He seems to have a very different approach to understanding how and why the markets behave in the way that they do and how to extract profits from them.

I've been looking for something for a while that will allow me the freedom to work from home and that will allow eventually I hope to be in a secure financial position. How have you found this website helpful in your quest to understand the nature of trading ? I have been following some training dvds from a guy called Martin Cole ? He seems to have a very different approach to understanding how and why the markets behave in the way that they do and how to extract profits from them.

Hi Ben,
By the sounds of things you are at the discovery/ beginners stages of learning to trade forex. If you're looking for a great way to work from home, look no further. If you are in a hurry though, this may not work in your favor. It's does take time, discipline and hard work to become proficient at profiting from forex, but it is worth it.

I haven't herd of Martin Cole, but if what ever he is showing you sounds complex then maybe his particular style of trading isn't for you. There are countless ways to trading the forex market, and everyone claims theirs is the best.... and they are all right!!

Basically you need to first understand the market itself, then learn about different ways to profit from trading it (methodology, and strategies). The key is finding one that gels with you and you are comfortable trading.

The learning process can get expensive, but it doesn't need to be. There is tons of free information and beginners courses online free advise and articles on forums such as this one, and you can also do more advanced courses (paid). Again don't pay too much. There are some advanced 'educational' services charging up to $20,000.

Best of luck and let me know if you need pointing in the right direction with beginners courses etc.

Cheers

[email protected]

Hi

Many thanks for your advice, I'm looking to take my time, I'm currently off work with a long term illness so I have plenty of time on my hands to study, it does feel a little daunting as everyone seems to have their own methods/ideas I guess its just a case of diving in and finding some decent reading material any suggestions with reading material would be gratefully accepted :smart:

Many thanks for your advice, I'm looking to take my time, I'm currently off work with a long term illness so I have plenty of time on my hands to study, it does feel a little daunting as everyone seems to have their own methods/ideas I guess its just a case of diving in and finding some decent reading material any suggestions with reading material would be gratefully accepted :smart:

Too easy, glad to help!
2 books I would suggest straight off the bat are:

1. "Japanese Candlesticks charting techniques" - Steve Nisson
This book is fantastic reading and will do the job of getting you familiar with the candlestick charts and the basics of price action trading.

2. "Trading in the Zone" - Mark Douglas
This deals with the biggest part of trading which is your mindset when trading. very important stuff.

These books will not give you everything, but are a great place to start you off.

AlsoIf you would like, I can send you a free copy of a the "Complete Price Action & Scalping Forex Course" (Module 1) - The beginners/Introduction section. I give t this to all the students I coach.

Let me know

best of luck

Welcome Guys/Gals!

Hi Everyone!

I have read a ton of threads on this site over the years, and thought it was about time to join and get to meet more of you and share ideas and experiences!

Once of my Favourite Quotes.. though I have many...
"Success will never be a big step in the future, Success is a small step taken just now"

Daily Analyses in Dax and S&P in the Indices Forum

Hey guys,

I´m new at trade2win too. I´m 26 years old, from germany and a professional trader since 2013. You can watch my analyses in Dax and S&P in the Indices Forum here at trade2win.
I´m looking forward for you response and hope to discuss these analyses with you, because i really love to discuss analyses, watch yours and get better during this time.

Best regards,

robinho
icon14.gif

Last edited:
I'm new to the board. Long time member of Trader-Talk. I am a top stock market timer timed with Timer Trac, #1 for April.

New and saying hello

Trying to educate myself. Looking for trading software/systems. Nice to meet you all. :)

Last edited: