Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone I'm new here

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Im based in London UK and my focus is so far on day trading stocks, mainly from nasdaq and nyse. I have not been doing this for long so will for sure ask a lot of stupid questions, and my english is not perfect since its not my mother language, so bare with me if i write like a toddler.
Have been snooping around a bit and the site look super awesome (y)

Hi everyone,

I am a software engineer, for about 10 years now and getting into stocks for the 2014 year so just saying hello.

Hello guys, this is the first shout out from a deft, determined and disciplined dude whose passion is trading, swimming and singing.

Love y'all

Last edited:
Hello, Everybody!

I have some Forex experience, but some times seems it is again the beginning of a long journey. Come together. :smart:

Hey there everyone!

I am 20 year old male currently studying finance at a small eastern-Canadian university. About 6 months ago I first Became interested in the markets and since then I have spent 4-6 hours per day with my nose in books or looking at websites learning how to trade. I am currently very interested in swing trading as well as trading psychology and hope to incorporate my leanings so far into my trading account. Although I have only been interested in the markets for a short period of time, I feel like I have a decent level of knowledge about markets but I want to increase this knowledge every single day.

Throughout my life I have struggled to find passion but ever since I have discovered trading I have felt whole, like I finally have something that I'm willing to make a lot of sacrifices for to become the best I can be. Financial markets are truly my first love.

I know by signing up to this forum I will be learning lots from you guys and I thank you all in advance for the knowledge you'll be imparting on me.

TK

Hello, hopefully everyone is enjoying a nice holiday break! My name is Arthur, just introducing myself to the forum. Experience in equities and derivatives, slipping into foreign exchange spot at the moment with less than 6 months experience. Looking forward to all the content!

Hi, my real name is Patrick - I'm 70 and retired and eager to learn new things - like how to limit my risks in trading - how to journal and learn from my mistakes - how to enter and exit intelligently. Not interested in get rich quick schemes (consistent small wins are just fine). Looking forward to hearing all the words of wisdom - and hopefully being able at some point to contribute my (successful ?) experiences.

Hi all. I'm returning to forex trading, not having got to the point of live trading last time, but this time deciding what to learn and not to get overwhelmed with stuff I don't need yet.

I am planning to trade GBPJPY on the daily charts using simple rules which don't involve analysis. I have created a spreadsheet using data for December and decided on the parameters I want to use - it looks like a no-brainer (and I AM using money and risk management rules).

Two things I would like for xmas:
1) Where can I get access to historical data which is easy to import into Excel?
2) How do I know I can trust my broker not to hit my stop losses?

Thanks guys.

FXCM has a feature where you can load up a GBP/JPY and convert it to data. If you load up say daily charts and convert it to data you will see a string of data in table form. You will be able to copy and past into excel. hope that helps.

Oh to answer question 2. learn to put you stops in places where they are not likely to get hit. If your dealing with a broker I don't believe they are going after your individual stop losses. Their computer system or platform would have straight-through processing to a market maker. If you are dealing with a market-maker they still would not go after your individual stops. However the market makers job in currency trading is to be a buyer to a seller and a seller to a buyer. If they believe that there is groups of stops in a particular location then they will go after it. THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY. What traders have to do is know where these stops are and trade from the same side as the market-maker. So that you are making profit when the stops are triggered. Good luck

Mululuwae

This is a thread in the New to Trade2Win forum which provides everyone with an opportunity - both old members and new - to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the New to Trading forum, which is targeted specifically at newbies taking their first steps.
I am trying to find some one who might be able to help me get started with Amibroker

Hi there, I'm Josh, I'm a 22 year old Economics student from the UK. I have been interested in trading for the last 6 years, I've dabble in a little paper FX trading and online FTSE sims but i've really got turned onto trading recently through increased industry exposure.

I hope to start learning for real now and open up a paper trading account while doing my research and keep a watchlist of maybe 15-20 stocks for a few months then go from there.

Hello Everybody,

I am Ted. Though I was aware of this site, I decided to join on the advice of Author of Forex Price Action Scalping, Bob Volman. I would say that I am an intermediate level trader at this point in my development. I am gaining a tremendous amount of knowledge from Mr. Volman's book and strongly recommend it. I look forward to learning and contributing to this site.

Best regards,
Ted Miller

Hello to all

Happy New Year. I am a novice with just a little experience of spread betting. Had some beginner's luck then emotions took over. I am looking to learn about risk management, forex, price action... everything I can really!

Tim

Hello everybody, my name is Michael and I'm a newbie to foreign exchange trading. I'm a registered nurse by profession and have had a deep interest in the market and economics in general. I found this forum after a recommendation from another forum. I hope to learn much from everyone here.

Errr, is this thing on? *tap* *tap*

Been trading a while, 2014 is all about consistency and controlled risk.

Hello everyone. Wish you all happy new year 2014.

I'm trading in Indian Markets and curious to learn anything in trading. :) I'm basically an options trader.

Hello everyone im grimmy from the UK. Ive never traded in my life but I would like to learn. The reason behind this... I have worked on the railways for 15 years now and made some decent money. But last year I was diagnosed with ocular melanoma a type of cancer that grows in the eye. Unfortunately the tumer was advanced and my right eye had to be removed. I had another so this was ok;-). But unfortunately the railway governing body doesn't allow one eyed railmen so ended up losing my certificates. And subsequently a lot of money in my wage pack. Im 40 so traning up for a new career is gona be hard. Anyways ive still got a job and have become use to the smaller wage and more time to spend with the family. But in 10 months time I should be getting 10.000 pounds out of my shares. So I want to try and invest half of that into something positive and I thought of this. 10 months to study and learn the pros and con's and hopefully build up enough money to eventually quit the day job. Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone.

Hi there traders,

Hope you guys is having a great time in 2014!!

I am actually trying to promote my new daily stock market news website with my partner John Mylant, and is happy to give 50 lucky self directed traders a month's FREE access to our daily news report.

I would like to know where can I actually post it without annoying people... So please moderator please help me out. Thanks.

Hello Everybody,

My name is Ric Way and I'm a semi-retired software developer. My interest is swing and short-term trading stocks and e-mini futures. I also trade options for income, mostly covered calls and vertical spreads. I also like to discuss up-and-coming tech stocks.