Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi I am Andy and opened the Forex Trading Floor, Brentwood in September last year. We are also looking for experienced traders to rent trading desks. We have a good group of traders here and we want to build our membership. visit the web site for more information. www.forextradingfloors.co.uk

Hello from me

Hi all, new to forum, stumbled across it doing a bit of research.

Tried a bit of trading a number of years ago, not too successful but also nothing too disastrous.

Now, with more time on my hands, I'm looking to get back into it, but to all intents and purposes I'd classify myself as new to trading and a lot to learn.

I'll be around :)

Hello everyone.

I am a undergrad student at Arizona State University in the States.

I am here to observe the trading methods of others, with the hopes that I might find the inspiration I need to refine my own methods.

Best of luck.

Hello everyone! How is this community? I have not been a member of a forum in a couple years. EliteTrader turned me off of forums. Too unfriendly!

Hi, first time poster here. Although I currently invest in a 401k I wanted to start dabbling in individual stocks. I'm not trying to get rich quick but more in it for the long haul. Im still learning the jargon and technical terms (there's so much to learn!)

Can anyone recommend a good online trader?

Some stocks I've been following are twitter(Twtr), Tesla(Tlsa), and Solar City(Scty). All of which have increased in value.

Hi there, I have dabbled in Forex trading and while holding my own I have realized that I am ruled by fear mainly because I don't fave a system that I trust.

Hi everybody! I have joined this community today. I've been trading fulltime for 1 year now. I trade stocks listed in IBEX 35 Index and Eurostock. I got the vast majority of my trading ideas from Dr. Elder's works. I mainly used 2 strategies: "pullback to value" and "false breakout and divergence". Favourite timeframe is daily so I make my analysis using 5-day charts.

I'm also working in some options strategies, but so far I've been only profitable with covered call writing.
Feel free to contact me anytime!

Regards,

Hi everyone, first time poster here!

Currently trading in the US market (position and swing trades), and hoping to improve my results day by day!

:cheesy:

I'm shammah1 from nigeria,a man and I'm intereted in joining this amiable forum to benefit and contribute meaningfully.

Hi, first time poster here. Although I currently invest in a 401k I wanted to start dabbling in individual stocks. I'm not trying to get rich quick but more in it for the long haul. Im still learning the jargon and technical terms (there's so much to learn!)

Can anyone recommend a good online trader?

Some stocks I've been following are twitter(Twtr), Tesla(Tlsa), and Solar City(Scty). All of which have increased in value.

Many are online but prob 2% of them are profitable. Be very careful looking for an online trader. I've been in the industry for a while and know of many "online trader guru types" that make there living selling crap systems and teachings. Just make sure to do your homework. Best of luck to you!

Привет, я из России. Начинал с ручной торговли, теперь пробую торговать с ЕА

merry xmas all. i'm not new, been leeching on this forum for years. just had a burst of desire to say something here

Merry Christmas to all, I am looking to trade commodities, I am in the learning phase of understanding Fundamental analysis, choosing suitable Markets, Technical analysis and finding a winning Trading strategy, reading the new markets wizards by jack D. schwager helps a lot, even though I have a degree in a related field, the reality I haven't scratched the surface yet with understanding charts and picking growing markets, I guess Macroeconomics is a good starting points to know where to look.

Hi all. I'm returning to forex trading, not having got to the point of live trading last time, but this time deciding what to learn and not to get overwhelmed with stuff I don't need yet.

I am planning to trade GBPJPY on the daily charts using simple rules which don't involve analysis. I have created a spreadsheet using data for December and decided on the parameters I want to use - it looks like a no-brainer (and I AM using money and risk management rules).

Two things I would like for xmas:
1) Where can I get access to historical data which is easy to import into Excel?
2) How do I know I can trust my broker not to hit my stop losses?

Thanks guys.

Greetings

Greetings everyone,

Since paper trading in high school I have always had a fascination for trading. I currently however have minimal (average joe) experience with some stock purchases, index based ETF and mutual funds. I am now planning on getting seriously into trading and fueling this passion. My professional background is software development and architecture as well as information security (the risk management aspect should be handy in this new endeavor).

I now have surface knowledge of ETF, Forex, Futures, etc. Currently, I am focusing my efforts into really understanding what I am about to do with intricate details. I am learning about value vs growth stocks, fundamental analysis and technical analysis techniques and all the indicators available, etc. I have been reading information from many web sites and started to read some fantastic library books as well.

I have toyed a lot with quite a few pieces of software (both desktop and mobile), so far my favorite finds are ninjatrader, the thinkorswim app and barchart.

I will be taking a slow approach and master the subject and tools first then formulate strategies that I will validate via paper trading. Only when this is complete will I start my real portfolio. Therefore, this should be a long and hopefully fruitful journey!

Any and All advice will be much appreciated.

- Mike

Hello.

Professionally, on the corporate side of finance, but have been trading personally off and on for over 10 years.

Starting to get into options trading, and hoping to learn something new/interesting here regarding it.

Good hunting boys and girls.

-Z