Sticky Introduce Yourself

hello

i am new here , and i am new to forex. So i hope to read and learn a lot here.

greetz joost

from the netherlands

Hi all,
I am new here and try to learn how to trade even though I have traded fx for 2 years but always loss.
peter

Hi everyone,

I'm new here as all others who posted before me in this thread. I've trading forex for over 10 months now and through those months I've learned a lot but not enough to make me earn something decent regularly.

I signed up because a thread in the Forex News & Analysis section caught my attention.

Hello everyone,

I am forex scalper (mainly EURUSD currency pair) and plan to run a journal of my trades here @ T2W.

Hello Traders,
Though I have been in t2w for long time, but this is my first post here.
I have traded ES/TF in 2008. Coming back to active daytrading once again since start of 2011.
looking forward for more active participation in t2w.

Happy Trading

Greetings to everyone!!

My name is Alex, I am a software developer with Degree in Math. I have experience with programming on TradeStation, NinjaTrader, eSignal and MetaTrader. If you need consulting or someone to code your ideas please let me know via pm.

Hi all,
I am Josephine and I work for a ready made bathroom pods manufacturing company based in Ireland. I am here to know more about trading and increase my knowledge as I think this is one of the best place where i can do so and hence improve sales for my company. Hope to have a healthy discussion. Thanks

Hi n welcome to the community.

Cud I just ask you why you trade Futures while monitoring Spot Forex? Why not place the trade on the spot itself? Cheers mate.

Hi. Sorry for the delay on replying to you.

This web page explains the reasons why I monitor spot FX, but place the trade in the currency futures market: invest33.com/forexfutures.html

Hi

I have just started looking at the Forex trading and find it fascinating.

From the lasy 10 week of sifting from the internet, attending a few seminars and watching on a few forums, the diversity of advice and practice is infinite.

I have just started using FMT in a demo account and it is doing well for me as a novice. The aim of my game is to last whilst learning to be better each day sifting the wood from the chaff.

This forum is great to read the real life experiences and how things work and do not work.

Time will be the judge of this venture, anyway hello to everbody and thanks for the great inputs to each of the threads

Well I am posting you from Costa Rica, nice warm weather here, I look forward on having discussion on matter as international markets and investment strategies as well to know your insight on how is the market behaving on your countries...

cheers

Student with Larry levin's TA program--recommended for people that want to learn to place their own trades and not have someone do it for them.

Hi Mota, how does the Larry Levins TA program work, what are the basic rules, technical? fundamental or price action? How is it delivered, have you had good experience withit? I find that I have read heaps of books , every single one of them says that you have to develop your own system but I have yet to read exactly how to learn the entry points , exit I am OK as well as s/l, but struggle with the entry.
Cheers
Rainerg

Hi. I'm just getting into trading. I'm working with someone that has been looking at many systems and has purchased a few of them. Of the ones that I looked at, The Trading Authority with Todd Brown seems to be the best because they tell you how difficult it is and to be prepared for losing days - things like that, rather than promising gains. They focus on discipline testing and training yourself. Does anyone have any thoughts? Ken

Hi Tburd, welcome to the jungle. There are zillions of spruikers out there with fancy systems,most of them worthless and expensive, just make sure you look after your money with no more than 2 % of your account per trade, get used to losses and look at them like the cost of running a business. when you find the right system be disciplined and do not get discouraged, may be you have a look at Niall Fullers Price Action Trading course, ( google) he seems to be Ok . lets know how you get on. Do not pay out big bucks for systems and softwares etc, NOBODY can predict what happens tomorrow except maybe the Rothchilds as they can make things happen, so could you if you owned the US federal reserve. Did you know the fed is privately owned??
Be careful.
Cheers
Rainerg

Hi Tburd, welcome to the jungle. There are zillions of spruikers out there with fancy systems,most of them worthless and expensive, just make sure you look after your money with no more than 2 % of your account per trade, get used to losses and look at them like the cost of running a business. when you find the right system be disciplined and do not get discouraged, may be you have a look at Niall Fullers Price Action Trading course, ( google) he seems to be Ok . lets know how you get on. Do not pay out big bucks for systems and softwares etc, NOBODY can predict what happens tomorrow except maybe the Rothchilds as they can make things happen, so could you if you owned the US federal reserve. Did you know the fed is privately owned??
Be careful.
Cheers
Rainerg

Be careful.
Cheers
Rainerg

Thanks for the advice. In what I have seen and read, I really feel I can do this. I can understand why 95% of traders lose money - I have done some paper trading of Futures. Niall"s course is 1/10 the price of many that I have seen. I listened to a guy that wants 6,ooo for his course. He sounds legit but that's a lot of cash.

Thanks for the advice. In what I have seen and read, I really feel I can do this. I can understand why 95% of traders lose money - I have done some paper trading of Futures. Niall"s course is 1/10 the price of many that I have seen. I listened to a guy that wants 6,ooo for his course. He sounds legit but that's a lot of cash.

Mate, the more legit they sound the more polished they are , there is absolutely no need to pay heaps of money, you can trial Niall Fullers shorter version for free. you have obviously looked at his website, he will not tell you what to buy but train you to do your own thing.
I do not get anything out of this, trust me , just have a look. Paper trading is different to the real thing.
Where do you live? maybe you want to send me an e-mail [email protected] I am in Australia.
cheers
Rainer

Hi . My last serious visit was Jan. 25 2011. Since that time I have done no trading ergo no losses. I am trying to learn statistics by myself without an instructor and it is a slow slog. I am still on sample points and Boole's inequality. I feel that if trading doesn't work out maybe statistics might be useful in some future life. Besides my significant other is very very very risk adversive I am sure that many in the crowd are aware of the efficient market hypothesis A big favorite of academic economists. Is there any way to disprove this idea or are we dealing with a religion?

Howdy all, I'm pretty new to trading so I'm looking around to see what I can pick up on as far as any tips or advise.
Cheers